how do you (politely) avoid people?

BananaBandit

You will find most are weirdos who actually have no intention of contacting you anyway.

I notice its certain Euro nationalities more than others, 

they seem to feel obliged to play along with this pointless face-saving game..

farang version of fake politeness maybe?.

who knows??

I have no time for their nonsense anyway, just agree but give them a fake number.

46 minutes ago, Saraburi121 said:

we lived here almost a year and met an Australian and his wife (Thai) which we enjoy their company still today.   Don't know where you from but folks from Australia are pretty down to earth IMO.

Keep an open mind, having a few friends is good.  

down to earth ? I think gutteral is better.

Never met one yet that wasnt rude/crude and wholly inappropriate at the best of times, guess we all have different ideas about people. I try to keep an open mind, but experience is the best tool and that's what my experience of those people is, best avoided in my experience.

Edited by Black Ops
  • Sad 6
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Black Ops said:

Never met one yet that wasnt rude/crude and wholly inappropriate at the best of times, guess we all have different ideas about people. I try to keep an open mind, but experience is the best tool and that's what my experience of those people is, best avoided in my experience.

The more they are like my hero Sir Les Patterson, the more I luv em!

tapatalk_1554044736471.png

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, roo860 said:

The more they are like my hero Sir Les Patterson, the more I luv em!

Appears that he was the master mould ! from which all came fourth. Mr Humphries got it spot on, in my experience.????

Edited by Black Ops

I am like you, prefer my own company, and being tee-total and a non-smoker keeps me away from bars where others may try to become my best pal. My wife, however, is the exact opposite, and will speak, at length, to all and sundry. I avoid shopping with her for that reason. I find a slight nod of the head, will suffice, and walking away very fast, does the trick.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Black Ops said:

Quit hanging out in bars, change your "experience".  Yes we sure do have different ideas about "those" people.  

I tell them it is nothing personal, but that I prefer to be on my own. 

But usually I am not disturbed, it seems that I have an unforthcoming expression. 

I greet my neighbours and others I encounter regularly, but they all know by now that I am not up to a conversation longer than 2 minutes. 

1 hour ago, MASSMAN said:

Thais avoid people everyday if they have no need for them.  Just follow their examples by pretending not to see the person.

Not sure where you live, but not here, pretty friendly bunch for the most part. Have a few that don't like foreigners. You are probably one that wears no shirt or a singlet to the market with a beer in hand and wasn't liked in your own country.  It is pretty fun place if you care to learn a bit of Thai language. Where I stay is pretty much based on your character. Probably the same in your home country. 

• Thanks 1