Need to google up a minor 17th century gay classical composer

watthong

He was a minor Latin American classical composer, 17th century or later. I like his works for their melody akin to a subtle but passionate fragrance ( in the vein of Poulenc I would say, but less robust.) His name, in my sketchy collection, was Reys (or Ray/Reyes or Flores?); first name could be Fernando, Diego, or something short of one or two syllables. I remember something about his biography - apart from being gay, he was also in the maritime profession (how apt!) going up and down the big river on a steamboat (not sure if I wasn't making this up, but this nudget got stuck in my head somehow...) His compositions are rather short, fleeting (to my knowledge), or they could be short concertos, though nothing major. But there were CDs of his music by the usual publishing houses sold on amazon when I went browsing on their site a number of years back. At present, I google-searched the whole evening but nothing came up... Would appreciate any hint/advice if anyone has any inkling of who he was. Thank you much in advance and wish you a nice day.????

9 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

You made that up. I assume just to provoke. There is nothing in your linked article to support that assertion. In fact, the opposite is asserted. 

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You made that up. I assume just to provoke. There is nothing in your linked article to support that assertion. In fact, the opposite is asserted. 

Not true...

"By the late 19th century, queer was beginning to gain a connotation of sexual deviance, used to refer to feminine men or men who were thought to have engaged in same-sex relationships. An early recorded usage of the word in this sense was in an 1894 letter by John Sholto Douglas, 9th Marquess of Queensberry."[12][13]

Wikipedia's- Queer

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Not true...

"By the late 19th century, queer was beginning to gain a connotation of sexual deviance, used to refer to feminine men or men who were thought to have engaged in same-sex relationships. An early recorded usage of the word in this sense was in an 1894 letter by John Sholto Douglas, 9th Marquess of Queensberry."[12][13]

Wikipedia's- Queer

From your original link --

The same anachronism is evident in reports of other histories of sexuality: particularly that of the LGBT community. Both sex workers and the LGBT community are contemporary terms: a self-identity and an acknowledged group who identify together on an aspect of their lives. The terms “sex worker” and “LGBT” (and indeed “queer”) are politically loaded, and for good reason.