PM Prayut calls for probe after reports of infected Chinese in border hospitals

webfact

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

That the "confirmed cases" has not increased from 35 in what, a week or two, seems "strange"? Yes, I know it's been hot, humid and windy. Surely the 248 patients could be confirmed/or not, quite quickly?

I was watching an interview with a doctor on British TV last night and he said that there is no evidence that this virus cannot survive in a hot , humid climate. In fact he said that there are many unknown factors with this virus; such as incubation time, when it can be transmitted and so on.

We will just have to wait and hope that everything clears up soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

some Thais have taken Chinese infected with the Covid-19 coronavirus to border hospitals.

If I was sick with CV or anything resembling it, I think one of the LAST places I'd want to get taken in Thailand for treatment would be a "border" hospital.

And frankly, I'm doubtful that Thai government border area hospitals even have the ability to run the diagnostic test required to assess CV. It's not quite the same thing as handing out bags of paracetamol and antibiotics.

• Like 1

Well i think Prayet and his team have done a good job in containing this to 35 when the rest of the world is creaking with infection rates.

Italy 79 and rising

LOS  35 and fixed for 7 days

these figures speak for themselves, now before you pitch into me i am old  weak poor a long way from home and with little chance of returning home anytime soon as many countries blacklist LOS.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yes, above all else, we need to ensure that no one in Thailand is panicking.... because it could affect the country in many aspects!!!  :crying:

Perhaps if HE and his lackeys weren't still running the government, people would be less inclined to panic!

Of course what he is implying is that it might affect the supply to the trough!

28 minutes ago, Iron Tongue said:

I suspect this is a face-saving way to prepare the citizenry for the truth about Covid-19 in Thailand. 

This investigation will "suddenly discover" multitudes of infected, all who had been somehow hidden from the authorities!

You mean like what happened in Iran?Where shortly after BSing about fake news they had to admit the stories about 50 fatalities where true.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

“Today [February 24], the Army has sent troops to screen these people, while we received a report from the Public Health Ministry that no infected patients have been found in the hospitals.”

and Yes, he has finally sat up and taken Notice!

This was his final wake up call, to not only grin, but to bear it

Has he accepted that taking bribes is not exclusive territory reserved for Politicians (but also the many varied Public Servants too!)  The Publ;ic Servants have now lied to the PM, one time too many!

The Chinese ain't gonna take it lightly that their fellow fleeing Nationals, are being faced down by a foreign military!

The Subs are going to cost a lot more now... 

Edited by tifino

“We confirm that there is strict inspection at entry and exit points along the border on land, water, and also at airports. If we find that Chinese people have entered illegally, we will deport them,” he vowed"

I nearly fell off my hammock laughing at reading this...oh and which search party can track them down after they have entered and disappeared, surely probably illegally entered?? Does the press office realise how this reads out in the open?..Does this mean the virus then returns back its destination? Yesterday in Italy it was confirmed that a passenger cleared for entry was carrying infection which was undeceted....can't remember how long ago though!?

They have sent troops to the hospital ???? When will they start shooting the suspected contagious? That <deleted> happens when people watch too many movies such as Resident Evil and The Walking Dead. Crazy world. Far more people die on the road. Ban the Hilux and Motorbikes... 

4 hours ago, moe666 said:

So you will stay in a country that has had 80,000 flue deaths this pass year.

Our House in Thailand that we build less than Two years ago is sitting empty since we left last spring , I have someone going there, cutting the grass and taking care of some things, but I am anxious to get back . 

First, to come to Thailand I have to get in a plane with god knows who. then I have to make connections in airports with people from all over the world. Not a good Idea at this time IMO.

Then , I have Family and business concerns in the US and if this Virus  gets really bad in Thailand I could face travel restrictions, or might have to quarantined in an army base for 14 days upon my return to the US

Lastly if this thing was to get bad and I got infected, what kind of medical care will I get in Thailand? especially since my Medical insurance is in the US. I see what is happening in China , a country with vastly more resources than Thailand, and "No Thank you" 

I think it is best to stay where I am at this time

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Our House in Thailand that we build less than Two years ago is sitting empty since we left last spring , I have someone going there, cutting the grass and taking care of some things, but I am anxious to get back . 

First, to come to Thailand I have to get in a plane with god knows who. then I have to make connections in airports with people from all over the world. Not a good Idea at this time IMO.

Then , I have Family and business concerns in the US and if this Virus  gets really bad in Thailand I could face travel restrictions, or might have to quarantined in an army base for 14 days upon my return to the US

Lastly if this thing was to get bad and I got infected, what kind of medical care will I get in Thailand? especially since my Medical insurance is in the US. I see what is happening in China , a country with vastly more resources than Thailand, and "No Thank you" 

I think it is best to stay where I am at this time

The treatment likely be in a govt hospital.

I just doped the phone with bkk hos. phuk. They don't test and they don't treat. If you are highly suspect you will be delivered to a govt. hospital. That was the words upon my inquiry.

The docs. in the govt hospital are restricted to give information and always think about the computer crime act.

You not find if you not search. Easy as that.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Haecksler said:

The treatment likely be in a govt hospital.

I just doped the phone with bkk hos. phuk. They don't test and they don't treat. If you are highly suspect you will be delivered to a govt. hospital. That was the words upon my inquiry.

The docs. in the govt hospital are restricted to give information and always think about the computer crime act.

You not find if you not search. Easy as that.

My concern is that if this thing gets bad like it has in China, the system could get inundated.  

I think at this time ,a wait and see attitude is best. In a few weeks we should have a better handle on this.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kulex said:

They have sent troops to the hospital ???? When will they start shooting the suspected contagious? That <deleted> happens when people watch too many movies such as Resident Evil and The Walking Dead. Crazy world. Far more people die on the road. Ban the Hilux and Motorbikes... 

Every time a plane crashes it's usually 200 plus that die.

Should we now ban planes?

We could all then go by ship, oh hold, ships can sink so let's ban them as well. Even coconuts fall on heads and kill people, so, ban coconuts. ???

5 hours ago, moe666 said:

So you will stay in a country that has had 80,000 flue deaths this pass year.

Most are children elderly. Yes.

Lived there for 30 years, didn’t catch the flu once. I hardly ever get sick.

There’s a reason why the Thai elite fly to places like Singapore and the USA for medical treatment.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, thaitero said:

So how long time it takes to confirm if someone has this virus or not ?

From here on until it becomes unfeasible to slow down the testing at the two WHO reference laboratories. In other words, until the <deleted> hits the fan and losing face because of a too obvious coverup becomes higher risk than losing face because of uncontrolled spread of the SARS-Cov-2 virus.

Face is a lethal cultural defect.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

while we received a report from the Public Health Ministry that no infected patients have been found in the hospitals.”

So next maybe we will read that the reason no infected patients have been found in the border hospitals is that the hospitals are tipped off that the inspections are coming and move out the infected patients before the inspectors arrive.

52 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Every time a plane crashes it's usually 200 plus that die.

Should we now ban planes?

We could all then go by ship, oh hold, ships can sink so let's ban them as well. Even coconuts fall on heads and kill people, so, ban coconuts. ???

I think a coconut fell on your head! LOL

Plane crashes are not contagious. There is no danger that all planes will be infected and start crushing left and right......... 

Edited by sirineou
typo

5 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I think a coconut fell on your head!

Plane crashes are not contagious. There is no danger that all planes will be infected and start crushing left and right......... 

Seems sarcasm isn't contagious either.

I was actually answering someone else. 

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1