PM Prayut calls for probe after reports of infected Chinese in border hospitals

webfact

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Every time a plane crashes it's usually 200 plus that die.

Should we now ban planes?

We could all then go by ship, oh hold, ships can sink so let's ban them as well. Even coconuts fall on heads and kill people, so, ban coconuts. ???

..ban humans, no complaints?

13 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Or humor

It's just the number of 'it only kills 2%' type of post that gets me, that is sad anyway.

I just see the possibility of the enormous cost to countries where it might, note might, take off in a big way. 

Not every country has a health care system that people can take help from. If, if it takes off here, and a good few other countries and starts to have an effect on factory work forces etc, well, you can probably imagine the scenario.

It may be possible that heat and humidity can help to reduce the spread, that one I'm not sure on. Plus, viruses are clever little buggers and do have a history of mutation either for good or bad. Let's just hope it mutates the right way at sometime, sooner would be better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

From here on until it becomes unfeasible to slow down the testing at the two WHO reference laboratories. In other words, until the <deleted> hits the fan and losing face because of a too obvious coverup becomes higher risk than losing face because of uncontrolled spread of the SARS-Cov-2 virus.

Face is a lethal cultural defect.

That must they've been hit with 2 cases worth of sh!t,because that's how many new cases were announced!The question is did the sh!t hit them in the face or not?You spelt defecation wrong "Face is a lethal cultural defecation."

Edited by FarFlungFalang

14 minutes ago, overherebc said:

It's just the number of 'it only kills 2%' type of post that gets me, that is sad anyway.

I just see the possibility of the enormous cost to countries where it might, note might, take off in a big way. 

Not every country has a health care system that people can take help from. If, if it takes off here, and a good few other countries and starts to have an effect on factory work forces etc, well, you can probably imagine the scenario.

It may be possible that heat and humidity can help to reduce the spread, that one I'm not sure on. Plus, viruses are clever little buggers and do have a history of mutation either for good or bad. Let's just hope it mutates the right way at sometime, sooner would be better.

Just about everywhere one looks the hospitals are already full and at capacity or beyond which is what scares many working at the coal face of the health industry.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

13 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Just about everywhere one looks the hospitals are already full and at capacity or beyond which is what scares many working at the coal face of the health industry.

Just 'mulling' here, word of the month.

Wuflu broke out, big time in China in December. By January ( mid ) the new virus was 'out' in public knowledge. Keep in mind my 'mulling' not stating.

China then started a process of sticking together,  in large numbers, anyone who coughed, sneezed etc.

Still 'mulling' here. Some had covid 19, some had bog standard flu, maybe. Even with bog standard flu your natural defences are down a bit so sticking you in close proximity to others who have a more severe type of Corona virus might not have been the best idea.. Note. All flu viruses are Corona viruses so perhaps the immune system doorway was already half open.

Just a 'mull' remember.

1. bog standard corona virus

2. Covid 19 corona virus.

f0070229-coronavirus_artwork-spl.jpg

image-20160513-10679-13bnb0c.png

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I agree. It's how big the pile of bodies is that matters. I never saw anyone that was 2% dead or better off for only being 1% dead.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Traubert said:

I agree. It's how big the pile of bodies is that matters. I never saw anyone that was 2% dead or better off for only being 1% dead.

“On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.”

― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Edited by URMySunshine

20 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

I haven't seen that yet. Just the 32 year old Brit in Pattaya fighting for his life with severe pneumonia. Anyway if you want a little bit of positive news David Abel has just live streamed this. He has been vlogging regularly since being quarantined on the Diamond Princess is 74 with diabetes , tested positive with the virus and is currently doing well as is his wife in Japan. let's hope this is a more dominant narrative moving forward. 

Nice. Well, the other positive aspect-the death rate is only 2 percent 

14 hours ago, webfact said:

but we don’t want people to panic because it will affect the country in many aspects.

Panic, close the borders, affect the country, you can get back on your horse later, you cannot replace a life, how difficult is that to understand, it is on your doorstep, close the doors now !!!!!

27 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Just 'mulling' here, word of the month.

Wuflu broke out, big time in China in December. By January ( mid ) the new virus was 'out' in public knowledge. Keep in mind my 'mulling' not stating.

China then started a process of sticking together,  in large numbers, anyone who coughed, sneezed etc.

Still 'mulling' here. Some had covid 19, some had bog standard flu, maybe. Even with bog standard flu your natural defences are down a bit so sticking you in close proximity to others who have a more severe type of Corona virus might not have been the best idea.. Note. All flu viruses are Corona viruses so perhaps the immune system doorway was already half open.

Just a 'mull' remember.

I like the way you're mulling and I think you should publish as I've not heard this idea mentioned in anybody else's mulling's it's almost too obvious.If you let Dr John Campbell know he can include it in his YouTube mulling sessions.I know it might sound like I'm poking fun but I'm being (pardon the intended pun) deadly serious.

9 hours ago, URMySunshine said:

“On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.”

― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

I know some are so steeped in Hollywood they they think fictional characters can provide a solution within 100 minutes but I'm not one of them.

I'm stuck with gritty reality.

8 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I like the way you're mulling and I think you should publish as I've not heard this idea mentioned in anybody else's mulling's it's almost too obvious.If you let Dr John Campbell know he can include it in his YouTube mulling sessions.I know it might sound like I'm poking fun but I'm being (pardon the intended pun) deadly serious.

Yep. Who ya gonna call?

Youtube!

4 hours ago, petedk said:

Do you have any links?

No, I’m sure it’s not too bad, but there have been mentions of people with lung infections that have passed away-a few healthy, and a few unhealthy.  It looks like everyone should try to get it now, before it gets more deadly:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/02/covid-vaccine/607000/

https://www.thailandmedical.news/news/breaking-news-:-new-studies-emerging-that-confirms-the-coronavirus-is-mutating-and-becoming-more-virulent

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dutyfirst said:

Not all flu viruses are coronaviruses.  Influenza a b and c ect are not coronaviruses. 

Yes, it's a pity people call the common cold a "flu", even when it's not influenza. One of those mixups that muddle the pool.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/coldflu.htm

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Yes, it's a pity people call the common cold a "flu", even when it's not influenza. One of those mixups that muddle the pool.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/coldflu.htm

Corona, as you obviously know, is the word used to describe the 'crown' around the main body of the virus.

Something like the 'ebola' virus could be called a 'worm' type virus.

It's just a description of the physical shape.

800px-Ebola_virus_virion.jpg

Edited by overherebc