Dozens hurt as car ploughs into German carnival parade

webfact

4 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

The media is supposed to report facts, not to please your xenophobia. 

Let’s say it was someone with German nationality, but with Islamic ancestry. Now the press has two options, they can either write German citizen/German national or they could write German citizen with migrational background. It wouldn’t surprise me, in the light of recent events, if the press would’ve been told to keep it neutral by either politicians or the cops in the case of the perpetrator being Islamic. Normally the press also releases the name of the perpetrator in the form of the full given name and the first letter of the surname, which hasn’t happened, which is unusual, which in turn points towards an Islamic attack.

The other thing is, why would a German attack a German crowd?

Having said that, there’s of course always the possibility of mental illness. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sujo said:

Considering the last two instances have been done by 'native' germans i think the odds are quite good he is another one.

Not at all! Why would a German attack a predominantly German crowd, unless he’s mentally deranged? If this was a right wing attack he would’ve definitely chosen a completely different crowd. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

German media writes "a german national".

I wonder, what the first name of this national might be. Will his name be Karl/Hans/Fritz? Or is it Muhamad/Ali/Mehmet?

What might his religion be? Katholic/protestant/none or maybe...?

I'll have to watch non german news closely to get the answer.

Name?

How about Maurice...

Volkmarsen attack: Almost 60 hurt after car drives into carnival crowd https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51626844

They have released some info now. Judging by what’s visible in the censored photograph they’ve released, the guy is blond and of German ancestry and from the same city/village the attack took place. His neighbor saw him driving away. She said he looked like he’s on drug and he allegedly said “soon I’m gonna be in the newspaper”. 

According to the same article he’s been put into a psychiatric hospital.

RTL reported he was heavily drunk.

Edited by pacovl46
Typo

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I am  quite sure that everyone reading this thread would have read the post you posted five minutes ago and the same subsequent post that you posted 2 minutes ago .

Thought not. 

I wanted the final poster who was given the link to read it. 

Their agenda has been clear and I’d like them to admit just how wrong they were. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

They have released some info now. Judging by what’s visible in the censored photograph they’ve released, the guy is blond and of German ancestry and from the same city/village the attack took place. His neighbor saw him driving away. She said he looked like he’s on drug and he said “soon I’m gonna be in the newspaper”. 

According to the same article he’s been put into a psychiatric hospital.

Hes not a Muslim and this isnt a terror attack 

He has blond hair and has mental problems 

Thats proof that not all these things are done by Muslims

Well done Maurice 

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Thought not. 

Their agenda has been clear and I’d like them to admit just how wrong they were. 

Yes, time for you to celebrate how right you was 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Thought not. 

Ok, you had better talk to that poster then and reply to them 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

Hes not a Muslim and this isnt a terror attack 

He has blond hair and has mental problems 

Thats proof that not all these things are done by Muslims

This is no time for grandstanding.

Unless I missed it, there is no report of the driver's motivation.

We see reports that he was drunk or mentally ill, but still have no idea if he is a neo-nazi or a recent convert to Islam, or of some other ideology.

Please refrain from gloating until the full picture emerges. Our thoughts now should be with the injured kids and their families.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Let’s say it was someone with German nationality, but with Islamic ancestry. Now the press has two options, they can either write German citizen/German national or they could write German citizen with migrational background. It wouldn’t surprise me, in the light of recent events, if the press would’ve been told to keep it neutral by either politicians or the cops in the case of the perpetrator being Islamic. Normally the press also releases the name of the perpetrator in the form of the full given name and the first letter of the surname, which hasn’t happened, which is unusual, which in turn points towards an Islamic attack.

Again, the press is supposed to report facts, not to “let’s say” something and engage in speculation. They leave that to Internet detectives. 

7 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

The other thing is, why would a German attack a German crowd?

You gotta be kidding me. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

You sound someone who can´t wait that it was an islamic attack and can´t wait a few hours for press information from the police. Now the information are released. Do you are sad now because it was a German and all your speculations are wrong?

And why should a German attack a German crowd? Well, why are the most American mass shooters are Americans - since generations? 

You got me wrong! I'm not waiting/hoping for anything and I have lots of friends/grew up with people from Lebanon and Turkey!

3 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

You sound someone who can´t wait that it was an islamic attack and can´t wait a few hours for press information from the police. Now the information are released. Do you are sad now because it was a German and all your speculations are wrong?

And why should a German attack a German crowd? Well, why are the most American mass shooters are Americans - since generations? 

Just because that's the situation in the US doesn't mean that it's a German thing, too! We've had very few mass shootings in Germany so far, and usually when there are attacks here it's usually either Islamic or right wing. Normally the press also releases the names fairly quickly. Since they caught him immediately I was surprised they didnt name him after the first day!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

I was surprised they didnt name him after the first day!

Perhaps they like to read all the rumors first - or they have something better to do than holding a press conference. Is it really soooo important to know the age, the name and the religion of the guy? 

9 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Let me clear this up, based on the nature of the attack right wing, i.e. why would a German attack a German crowd, didn’t make sense. If it had been a pro-asylum/welcome refugees demonstration then my first guess would’ve been right wing, but this was an apolitical carnival parade. This left in my opinion only two options, Islamic attack or mentally deranged person, of which we now know the latter was the case. 

This was and still is, in my opinion anyway, a fair, logical and non-judgmental assessment of the situation given the available information at the time and the nature of the attack.

Also, how come it is ok for you to judge me based on one comment, but it’s not ok for me to judge a situation based on a news article?

I’d appreciate it, if you’d think it through first next time before you try to burn me at the stake!

FYI, I was actually hoping it wasn’t an Islamic attack because this would have escalated an already bad general situation even more. As a matter of fact I wish the whole attack thing would just stop globally! 

Edited by pacovl46
Added something

6 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Perhaps they like to read all the rumors first - or they have something better to do than holding a press conference. Is it really soooo important to know the age, the name and the religion of the guy? 

I think the religious aspect is definitely important to know to assess the general situation we’re in in Europe at the moment.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Again, the press is supposed to report facts, not to “let’s say” something and engage in speculation. They leave that to Internet detectives. 

You gotta be kidding me. 

Let me clear this up, based on the nature of the attack right wing, i.e. why would a German attack a German crowd, didn’t make sense. If it had been a pro-asylum/welcome refugees demonstration then my first guess would’ve been right wing, but this was an apolitical carnival parade. This left in my opinion only two options, Islamic attack or mentally deranged person, of which we now know the latter was the case. 

This was and still is, in my opinion anyway, a fair, logical and non-judgmental assessment of the situation given the available information at the time and the nature of the attack.

Also, how come it is ok for you to judge me based on one comment, but it’s not ok for me to judge a situation based on a news article?

I’d appreciate it, if you’d think it through first next time before you try to burn me at the stake!

FYI, I was actually hoping it wasn’t an Islamic attack because this would have escalated an already bad general situation even more. As a matter of fact I wish the whole attack thing would just stop globally! 

7 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Let me clear this up, based on the nature of the attack right wing, i.e. why would a German attack a German crowd, didn’t make sense. If it had been a pro-asylum/welcome refugees demonstration then my first guess would’ve been right wing, but this was an apolitical carnival parade. This left in my opinion only two options, Islamic attack or mentally deranged person, of which we now know the latter was the case. 

I’d appreciate it, if you’d think it through first next time before you try to burn me at the stake!

What is your point and how do you want our western societies to go forward?

Stop ranting, offer solutions. Thanks.