Weinstein found guilty of sexual assault, rape, in turning point for #MeToo movement

webfact

Weinstein was obviously a sleaze bag with a broken moral compass but I don't believe for one minute that all these women were so powerless and couldn't have walked away to find another career. Also, under the current environment of the #metoo pitchfork wavers demanding a head on a spike then he was the obvious victim to allay them. I can't really see, despite him being a scumbag, how this is a fair trial. It was a forgone conclusion before it even started and resembles a show trial really.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Scot123 said:

If you can not see this is the final nail in being a male. The precidence this has set is so scary yet men scream their vertue and kill kill kill without opening their eyes. A woman can now twist this against anyone they choose. I am so pleased I'm not a young man of today where you can't even go out on the town have a great night and wake up with a girl next to you. The fear she can cry rape when ever she chooses and now this. Have a works night out and have sex with someone who may be lower than you in the company and now can cry rape even though she instigated it all..... Sleep well men because a woman scorned has even more ammo to screw your life with. 

If you believe this to be the final nail in the coffin of being a male you have my utter contempt.

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

No way he is the only producer type person doing this type of thing, probably see more cases now

Me thinks , his ex -mate in high places , has dumped him..

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I think there's a 10-20 year waiting period before they can claim rape.

Pay bar fine ,  is part of the contract , make sure you have copy of bar fine ...

On 2/26/2020 at 1:20 AM, Victornoir said:

As usual, some find it difficult to understand these common situations. Therefore, it is necessary to develop in full.

"Anyone with moral authority must refrain from using it to obtain sexual favors"

This applies to parents of course, but also to guardians, police, doctors, teachers, priests, hierarchical superiors and in this case employers.

An exception or two may be excusable in exceptional circumstances, but 80 or 100 leave no place for doubt about the predatory nature. Harvey Weinstein did not have these relationships out of mere sexual taste but to dominate and coerce.

That is why the jurors are going to send him to prison and personally I wish the sentence to be long.

Should it be a criminal offense for women using sex to gain advancement then? That happens all the time.