Defiant Pannika dares PM to sue over her allegation of Government involvement in Malaysia’s 1MDB scandal

webfact

53 minutes ago, neeray said:

She must have some pretty convincing evidence in order to be acting this cavalier.

Hope she does !

Defamation in Thailand is not about if the accusation is true or false.

Even if what she says is completely true and she can 100% prove it, she can still be prosecuted for defamation because she made him look bad.

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Defamation in Thailand is not about if the accusation is true or false.

Even if what she says is completely true and she can 100% prove it, she can still be prosecuted for defamation because she made him look bad.

Yes I know.

But the junta can't keep prosecuting everybody and stripping them of their "democratic" rights.

Sooner or later, this will backfire.

(Somebody is hopefully losing a little sleep over the exposed laundry)

• Like 1

There has been an allegations of corruption made against members of the current parliament, therefore I would have thought that the first step by RTP would be to investigate that allegation.  If it is then found to be spurius and false, then fine, go for the person making the false allegation.  Or am I being a little bit too logical and European?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

But if she presents evidence he was involved in 1MDB and they try to lock her up, they will be in big trouble themselves. The 1MDB is a serious case that's still been investigated by the US government. 

In case she has such leverage, then this is what safes her from being convicted for defamation and being put in jail.

So she has two options:

- She keeps the evidence for herself, so that she can use it as leverage and they don't dare to go after her for defamation. But this means that her allagations will be just that, allegations without any evidence, so nothing will happen.

- She makes the evidence public, but then there is nothing that stops the government from throwing her in jail for defamation.

Imho she put herself in a lose - lose situation, unless she was willing to go to jail for it from the beginning.

19 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

There has been an allegations of corruption made against members of the current parliament, therefore I would have thought that the first step by RTP would be to investigate that allegation.  If it is then found to be spurius and false, then fine, go for the person making the false allegation.  Or am I being a little bit too logical and European?

Defamation in Thailand is different from what we are used to.

Let's say your neighbour is burning his trash. You see this, record it on video and post it on Facebook with a comment like "he doesn't care about his environment". Your neighbour could now report you to police for defamation and you might get fined or even put in jail for it.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

was she a fox terrier or a chihuahua in her previous life ... 

That is probably totally irrelevant, and only a wet dream made up by you.

However, I will tell you what you should think about. If Prayut chose to not sue Pannika and use the tools available in the Thai law to prove his innocence , then he also shows that he has something to hide. If he chose to sue, then he also have to agree to an open investigation and a court procedure over the allegations. However he chose to do this time, the Thai people got him in the corner.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I’d say she must have been a Rat Terrier. As you can tell by the name, they’re great at taking down dirty rats. 

she should partition for a name change, Jack Russell would suit nicely. 

Edited by Artisi

She has published copies of the Interpol Red Notice on LOW Taek Jho and Immigration records showing he was in Thailand 5 times in 2018 on her Twitter

not sure that would be enough evidence though.

Edited by monkfish
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, robertson468 said:

Too logical, too European and no understanding of Thailand, Thai politicians, Thai law, Thai police, in fact - nothing related to Thailand, as Thailand IS different. 

• Like 1