THAILAND TRAVEL BAN ISSUED BY UAE (COVID-19)

WaveHunter

5 minutes ago, onekoolguy said:

I agree it seems suspicious that no new cases are being reported here. However I have friends in the health care field and they are not hearing about a lot of new cases? Flu tends to diminish as the weather warms up and Thailand has a hot climate. Maybe that has something to do with it?
Most of the outbreaks of significant size seem to be in countries with cold weather?

With regard to the weather, maybe, maybe not.  Too soon to know that.  My question still remains though; why would UAE ban Thailand?  There must be some definitive reason for them to take that action but I can find nothing by googling.

5 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Of course, but the real question in my mind is what has prompted them to put a travel ban in place unless there is something they know that we don't.  I really hope somebody can tell us what that is.  I mean, such a travel ban is not issued unless there is a very good reason for it.

It may just be due to the extensive flight schedule between Dubai and Bangkok on Emirates. But you can maybe contact somebody at the UAE embassy in Bangkok and maybe they can tell you:

bangkokemb (at) mofaic.gov.ae

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Now Im anticipating massive cancellations most of our guest from now until the end of May are coming from Uk and Europe normally on the Middle east airlines ok they will be able to get here but their return flights Thailand to Dubai and Abu Dabi is where the problem will be I think.

You can still book Emirates and Etihad flights to/from BKK

Wonder if they will all be cancelled?

Edited by Canuck1966

This could be catastrophic to say the least. Am assuming all of the Emirates are now cancelling flights to Thailand

This was my nightmare as was due to fly shortly back home lol

Edited by Chivas
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

I've checked in normally about 30 minutes ago. Clearly this could go pear shaped over the next 24 hours

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

Maybe Im jumping the gun just my first thought, them 2 airlines have about 6 flights a day to Phuket

Just to note that, unless you are a Chinese citizen or have recently been to China, flights from Bangkok to Korea have not been cancelled on KoreanAir.

And the current travel ban as referenced in this topic heading only applies to citizens of UAE