Jump to content
BANGKOK
Misab

Air quality in Hua Hin

Recommended Posts

not sure hua hin has ever had clean air, its been like this every year for the 8 years i've lived here anyway

 

one thing has changed though, now we all have air monitors the local bigwigs have stopped trying to BS us all that this is just sea haze.

 

206 AQI my house this morning. kids inside again, air filters on, smoky outside.

 

2020 High Pollution Season 😞

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

not sure hua hin has ever had clean air, its been like this every year for the 8 years i've lived here anyway

 

one thing has changed though, now we all have air monitors the local bigwigs have stopped trying to BS us all that this is just sea haze.

 

206 AQI my house this morning. kids inside again, air filters on, smoky outside.

 

2020 High Pollution Season 😞

 

 

 

I found it particularly bad this year. Too muxch burning going on. Some of the luxury hotels and condo grounds staff burn debris.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

 

good for you, i use my own meter.

 

failing that i use my eyes. if i cannot see the MOUNTAIN 1km away its err kind of bad

 

 

 

yes, and I use my lungs.

which is why i am now in Spain.

not coming back until it improves there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you think it's bad now, just stick around! For those who missed yesterday's news. . . 

 

Hua Hin Airport expansion to help transform sleepy resort into a truly international tourist destination

 

Sleepy? It really makes you wonder if any of the clowns running this country have actually been there!

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure what part of HH you guys live in but we get occasional hazy skies this time of year. Rest of the time there’s a pleasant sea breeze and blue skies. Too much negativity with some of you—if you’re looking for bad air try Bangkok or Beijing.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Air quality web sites don't help as you get readings ranging from 50 80 and 120 all on the same day at the same time. Easier to look at distant hills or towers and if you can't see them it's bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The measurement are sometimes taken close to a plant or factory, so it does not always gives the correct numeral!

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Air quality web sites don't help as you get readings ranging from 50 80 and 120 all on the same day at the same time. Easier to look at distant hills or towers and if you can't see them it's bad

Or buy a sensor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2020 at 4:13 PM, apetryxx said:

I’m not sure what part of HH you guys live in but we get occasional hazy skies this time of year. Rest of the time there’s a pleasant sea breeze and blue skies. Too much negativity with some of you—if you’re looking for bad air try Bangkok or Beijing.

"Too much negativity".  Absolutely not, just stating facts. Not much difference in air quality between BKK and HH, there have even been days where the air in BKK was cleaner than HH.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use AirVisual to check the levels but often have trouble correlating my own local experience with the data from the site. 

The two photos attached tell the story.

One is the mountain view from my yard with the mountain being approximate 1-2km from yard. There are clearly some storm clouds but not heavy haze and no discernable smoke smell. 

I live outside Huahin to the west a few miles from the ocean. 

 

There definitely have been days the last two months when there was haze and smoke evident. 

 

Unless the pollution is very bad I suppose it's all a matter of locale. 

I guess I should buy a meter. 

20200227_095354.jpg

Screenshot_20200227-095327_AirVisual.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2020 at 3:17 PM, nickmondo said:

yes, and I use my lungs.

which is why i am now in Spain.

not coming back until it improves there

 

well i wouldn't hold your breath 🤣

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...