UAE bans citizens from travelling to Thailand, Kuwait suspends flights

webfact

1 hour ago, CanuckThai said:

Talking with my wife after work yesterday, after they referred a Chinese woman with CV19 symptoms to another hospital.  She had a meeting/conference about the s_it show that transpired, and lack of/ no masks and hand sanitizer in hospitals.  I asked: don't hospitals keep a basic inventory (30 day and a contract) of basic consumables in the hospitals (eg. masks, hand santizer, alcohol... etc)?  Answer: No.  The price is too high.  Me: What are they doing about it darling?  Answer: They are working on it....

There's no need to carry an inventory of stuff until something happens that mandates it. This is the same logic that the itinerant minivan operator/driver or tour kiosk uses when they have a placard advertising various prices to various destinations. Once your minivan arrives, it invariably has to go and fill up with just the right amount for the journey. They're not very good in a drop-dead, OMG!I-have-overslept-and-I'm-late- for-my-flight scenario. Especially at rush hour!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

You do know that China has slapped a travel ban on their great unwashed leaving the country?

No? Maybe Kuwait and the others don't know either.

Sorry, are you stating that people in China are banned from leaving the country at the moment? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

It's already in the Thai (language) media.

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Sauce (why is the BBC first to report on this?) : https://www.bbc.com/thai/thailand-51624125

I think although  that TV  is  branded as a news forum, but its not necessarily set up for breaking news as it is fed by other outlets, so basically it's just daily news report 

EG the train crash yesterday was reported on many sites as early as 8pm it appears on here this morning

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, poohy said:

I think although  that TV  is  branded as a news forum, but its not necessarily set up for breaking news as it is fed by other outlets, so basically it's just daily news report 

EG the train crash yesterday was reported on many sites as early as 8pm it appears on here this morning

It's already been picked up by the ThaiVisa News Team.

See here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Meanwhile; Thai officials let all Chinese tourist enter Thailand with open arms...

You may have since noticed, via recent TVnews; the PM has finally started reacting,

albeit in an initially reserved case by case manner...

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:
15 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Sorry, are you stating that people in China are banned from leaving the country at the moment? 

Tour group bookings were banned early doors. That's all.

Thanks for that. I was searching for a citation for the date of the ban and its announcement but it's been buried under the knee-jerk, multiple, repeat listings of OTHER counties banning travel to/from China.

The fact that maybe 90% of Chinese visitors to Thailand were group tourists and the associated threads indicating Pattaya is a ghost town isn't enough for some people.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Thanks for that. I was searching for a citation for the date of the ban and its announcement but it's been buried under the knee-jerk, multiple, repeat listings of OTHER counties banning travel to/from China.

The fact that maybe 90% of Chinese visitors to Thailand were group tourists and the associated threads indicating Pattaya is a ghost town isn't enough for some people.

So there is no ban, right? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, whiteman said:

As we all know Thai Airways was all ready in the crapper b4 this out break Looks like the government will have to bale the losers out again.

This also could be a good time for them to get rid of the old farts running the Thai airways.

And off we merrily go on (yet) another THAI-bashing tangent. How bloody imaginative is THAT!

Meanwhile, in other news a totally bankrupt national carrier goes tits-up.

10 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Correct. Chinese national can enter Thailand.

In last couple of weeks have been to DMK international. Ghost town. 

Flown into Swampy and passport control empty. IO guys putting their hand up to attract people. Currently I'm in Phuket. 

Some Chinese in Patong.

Zero Kamala. Few in Phuket town. 

Have a Thai friend in Koh Samed has small bar on beach. Chinese tour group area. Reakons it's empty.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BestB said:

Some east European countries also issued a ban. Let’s see what big mouth Anutin has to say and can only hope and prey the rest do not follow to issue bans 

Which East European countries have issued a ban on travelling to and from Thailand???

3 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

The other issue is that  Covid 19 is very infectious, more infectious than influenza, or the common cold.  The 3% mortality rate must be taken within the context that far more people will be infected so it is  indeed a killer because the disease burden is so heavy.

That is a big leap to make, how do you know far more people will be infected? 

"It means stopping the outbreak might be more difficult, since people start to become infectious early on in their disease or may even spread the virus when they’re asymptomatic. But to confirm these two findings, we’ll need more science, said Jennifer Nuzzo, an infectious disease expert and senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security. “We still don’t know to what extent people without symptoms can infect,” she pointed out."

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

No ban.  Bangkok is getting hundreds of Chinese every week to take the IELTS exam, as all IELTS testing has been suspended in China, Vietnam, and most other Asian testing countries.  Bangkok has both IDP and the British Council providing tests, and offers daily computer-delivered tests.  

20 minutes ago, mickymouse1 said:

Israel issued and enforced a total travel ban on Thailand. It is a well known fact the the MOSAD has a very strong link to their Thai counterparts and am certain there is a hidden truth that made Israel issue the ban.

Israel has also issued a total travel ban on Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao. Recently on South Korea and Japan. Taiwan has fewer cases than Thailand, I don't know about Macao, but I assume that Israel tries to avoid travel to and from countries popular with Chinese tourists. I really doubt that the Mossad collects information about diseases, in Thailand, China, Italy or anywhere else.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

Nothing, they're just panicking due to the number of Chinese visitors to Thjailand.

The panic and reactions by governments are simply due to overreaction by uninformed people on social media.

Yet they don't ban flights to china? Or other countries with higher infection counts? Makes zero sense. I assume the news article is misleading by not mentioning what I assume to be a much longer list of banned countries.

43 minutes ago, mickymouse1 said:

Israel issued and enforced a total travel ban on Thailand. It is a well known fact the the MOSAD has a very strong link to their Thai counterparts and am certain there is a hidden truth that made Israel issue the ban.

Sure mate, get the Mossad involved in this.

5 hours ago, BestB said:

Some east European countries also issued a ban. Let’s see what big mouth Anutin has to say and can only hope and prey the rest do not follow to issue bans 

Which Eastern European countries? I haven't seen anything in the news?