Video: One killed, four injured as woman driver cuts across 6 wheeler carrying workers in south

webfact

Video: One killed, four injured as woman driver cuts across 6 wheeler carrying workers in south

2pm_VI.jpg

Thai caption: Cut across then fled the scene

Picture: Sanook

Mobile phone footage taken from CCTV that was posted on Facebook showed the moment a Honda Jazz cut in front of a 6 wheel truck outside a road leading to an industrial estate in Songkhla, southern Thailand.

The driver of the Honda went from the right lane to the left cutting in front of the truck that was carrying workers, then drove off as if nothing had happened.

The truck overturned on the central reservation on the Asia Highway. Many people then rushed to help.

One worker was killed and four were injured in the accident yesterday morning.

The footage was posted by the worker's foreman who asked: "What kind of person would drive off after doing that?"

Bang Khlam police soon found the driver and impounded her car.

She is called Angkhana. No charges have yet been made after she called for her lawyer before giving evidence.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-25

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

i bet if one stood by the entrance on sukhumvit road to TESCO LOTUS you would see this more than once a day, they come flying along 3 lanes out, then it seems their brain clicks in, *oh i must go to TESCO,* then shoot across 3 lanes, i have personally had two near misses, recently and i hardly ever do this route. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, neverere said:

Terrible driving and so sad to see that someone died needlessly. Is it just me, or does it look like the truck driver should have reduced speed when the vehicle started encroaching in the outer lane ? This accident could have easily been avoided.

Its Just you !!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

The poor guy in the lorry does what he can to avoid her

I would like you to watch the video several times, which I did; because for me the driver of the white vehicle commits no fault;

on the other hand, the driver of the truck commits several;
firstly he carries personnel in his bucket, which is prohibited
and secondly, he is traveling far too fast and therefore cannot avoid the vehicle which slows down to turn left.

reread the traffic codes of your different countries.

It does not matter whether the driver of the vehicle has set his direction indicator or not.
The driver of the truck is totally at fault;

he must, in all circumstances, be the master of his vehicle which clearly has not been the case.

Edited by Assurancetourix

It's almost not news anymore. A couple days ago in Chiang Mai I'm biking back home in the evening and come across an accident scene at the Mae Jo market. The next day I learn a university girl has died. Then within mere hours hours another a pickup flips over about 5k down the road from where the girl died.

Ok, this is getting bad so the next day I'm gonna go to Samoeng and try to enjoy some nature. Wrong again white boy, Som Chai is at it again he's drove his pickup off the road into a ditch.

I wonder what's going to happen today?

87094352_2909993002380244_376159764133969920_n.jpg

Skype_Picture_2020_02_25T05_57_10_947Z.jpeg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sniggie said:

Absolutely disagree. 1) The driver of the white car should have made a manoeuvere over into the left lane in good time to make the left hand turn and 2) should have checked her nearside mirror before moving across. Common sense, surely?

The road is not four-lane, damn!
It is a normal road with, on each side, a narrow lane for two wheels and agricultural vehicles.
If you want to turn left, you slow down on the only lane before doing so and wait until the vehicles coming in front of you are no longer there.

I repeat and buy you glasses if you see badly, the driver of the truck is 100% at fault.
He is behind, so he must adjust his speed according to a lot of criteria including, for example, a stationary obstacle in his lane.

15 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

For once completely agree with the bad singer

I know it but we never sent each other bird names.:jap:

I cannot understand the members who have watched the video and who write that the driver of the vehicle ahead, the white car is at fault.

It must also be written that the title is false; the driver of the car never cut the road off the truck; this one has always been behind the car.

Put yourself in it place;
you drive your vehicle, you want to turn left and all on a single two lane road.
Where do you stand to turn left?
at the limit of the white strip which delimits the two traffic lanes
and any vehicle arriving behind must let you do your maneuver and it is forbidden to overtake you on the left.

Edited by Assurancetourix

3 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Where do you can see how much the speed limit is and how fast he drives?

Bad driving from both...he's undertaking her, and going very fast. Can't see if she's indicating or not...still if she wasn't in outside lane and used her mirrors for more than her make up could have been avoided. If I was truck driver she'd have been sent flying...defo