Video: One killed, four injured as woman driver cuts across 6 wheeler carrying workers in south

webfact

2 hours ago, Victornoir said:

Or it is you who do not understand the code and who is dangerous in your driving assessments...

"On the highway, just like other roads, motorists must respect the rules for passing the highway code, and therefore only pass on the right, when positioning themselves on the central lane or on the right lane. It is strictly forbidden to overtake a vehicle On the left"

Read and reread well to understand this essential rule of the international road code. Its observation could avoid others this kind of calamitous crash.

I know that it seems insane but this is not the rule in Thailand. On a multi lane highway it is premitted to pass on the left (undertake) if traffic in the outer lane are moving more slowly.

On taking my full Thai driving exam I did question one of the staff as I found it hard to believe as in the UK one would recieve a serious penalty for performing this manouvre. I was shown a text book and a video that explained it as I have. It was even a question in my exam.

Edited by DannyCarlton

21 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Pathetic! A real person would view the footage, know they were at fault and then admit full responsibility. 

Must be a Hi-so no one else would call lawyer before answering questions. 500thb fine a couple of Wai's and off you go

21 hours ago, moe666 said:

The truck appears to be flogging the speed limit.

according to international traffic laws, she is not at fault.

it is the truck driver's fault. it is allways the responsibility of the driver

who drived behind to keep a safe distance. safe distance means a distance

that will allow stopping the car without any notice from the driver ahead, in

case she had to stop suddenly.

but in thailand the laws are being implemented according to the "mood" around

the case.

6 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

the case.

The law as is proscribed in Thailand. There is no such thing as "international traffic laws". Each country has it's own.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

the case.

What i got from watching the vid was A. he was not driving BEHIND her. B. she was overtaking him C. she cut directly in front of him. E he tried to avoid her. Should have T boned her and took her out, but natural reaction is to make an avoidance maneuver. HER FAULT 100% 

21 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

The road is not four-lane, damn!
It is a normal road with, on each side, a narrow lane for two wheels and agricultural vehicles.
If you want to turn left, you slow down on the only lane before doing so and wait until the vehicles coming in front of you are no longer there.

I repeat and buy you glasses if you see badly, the driver of the truck is 100% at fault.
He is behind, so he must adjust his speed according to a lot of criteria including, for example, a stationary obstacle in his lane.

how many mushrooms ?

20 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

I know it but we never sent each other bird names.:jap:

I cannot understand the members who have watched the video and who write that the driver of the vehicle ahead, the white car is at fault.

It must also be written that the title is false; the driver of the car never cut the road off the truck; this one has always been behind the car.

Put yourself in it place;
you drive your vehicle, you want to turn left and all on a single two lane road.
Where do you stand to turn left?
at the limit of the white strip which delimits the two traffic lanes
and any vehicle arriving behind must let you do your maneuver and it is forbidden to overtake you on the left.

the white jazz just performed a U-turn out of camera then while still driving slowly pulled across the path of the truck

Sorry, but this is nonsense.

He wasn't driving behind her. There was no one else in his lane.

She cut across, into his lane.

If she was in the same lane as he when she began, the reaction would have been different. He would have slowed down or changed to the fast lane earlier.

One does not expect, someone to cut across all lanes from the fast lane, impeding your progress. That is madness.

By the sounds of it, one or two of the posters here, should stay off the roads in any kind of vehicle.

Edited by Eindhoven
  • Like 1

“Pol Lt-Col Suthep Chunpradap charged her with negligent driving causing death and damage, fleeing the scene of an accident and not offering help and assistance. 

She denies all this and intends to fight the case in court. “

Don’t think she has a chance personally, blatantly in the wrong !!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, brokenbone said:

you dont have sufficient data to state at what speed he was driving,

on a road with three lanes in one direction you can overtake as long

as you arent cutting someone else already in that lane,

the truck made no error

thai traffic law prohibits overtaking on the left unless the vehicle on the right is turning right or has merged from e.g. a u-turn

Just now, smedly said:

thai traffic law prohibits overtaking on the left unless the vehicle on the right is turning right or has merged from e.g. a u-turn

In my experience the land traffic act of 1979 is not worth the paper it's written on, ignored by road users, and the Police when it suits them.

7 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

One does not expect, someone to cut across all lanes from the fast lane, impeding your progress

One should prepare for all eventualities which the truck driver clearly wasn't besides carrying people loose in the back. Its called defensive driving. The Jazz is just as much to blame as the truck driver. They crashed into each other.

There, see how easy it is to make a post without being critical of another poster.

3 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

I know that it seems insane but this is not the rule in Thailand. On a multi lane highway it is premitted to pass on the left (undertake) if traffic in the outer lane are moving more slowly.

no it isn't, the fact everyone does it doesn't mean it is right, there are conditions when overtaking (undertaking on the left actually) is allowed - this is one of them, the woman merged from a U-turn out of camera and stayed in the right lane waiting for a gap to cross the lanes - she didn't find one obviously and just pulled across in front of the truck - she caused the truck driver to take evasive action that he could not recover from ……………………………….she is 100% at fault here 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

One should prepare for all eventualities which the truck driver clearly wasn't besides carrying people loose in the back. Its called defensive driving. The Jazz is just as much to blame as the truck driver. They crashed into each other.

There, see how easy it is to make a post without being critical of another poster.

some things are very difficult to prepare for - like this stupid woman changing lanes right in front of you - yes the truck driver maybe should have reduced speed (I would have) but that doesn't put him at fault in any way - she just pulled right across him without warning 

The jazz was in that lane after a U-turn and traveling slowly waiting for a safe gap - she failed

17 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

More nonsense. You can prepare for all eventualities and still have an accident. 

How do you deal with someone cutting into your lane and then stopping

She caused the accident.

The fact that she is adjudged by officials to be in the wrong, against Burmese, should tell you all that you need to know.

45 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Not on a multi lane road.

I stand corrected reading the traffic act it does seem to have that clause in there - how crazy is that

All it does is add to the careless carnage on the roads

but makes no difference to the current discussion 

On 2/24/2020 at 9:53 PM, Lungstib said:

Several of Thailands driving habits in one video. Look in the mirror, indicate, stop when involved in a crash? And a open truck carrying workers because a bus with seats and belts would cost too much. He should have braked and driven straight in the back of her without swerving. How come the govt and the LTD never understood what untrained drivers could accomplish.

did she use her turn signal when she changed lanes?  Could not tell from the grainy video.

Just now, gk10002000 said:

did she use her turn signal when she changed lanes?  Could not tell from the grainy video.

Does it matter ?

Using your indicator is only giving others warning of your intention.

It doesn’t give you the right to go ahead because you have your indicator on, although many driving here believe that to be the case !!

( to the person I quoted: I know you might not have meant that I just wanted to get that rant off my chest ????).