Pattaya: Officials turn to the Gods to pray for rain as water levels hit 20 year low

webfact

6 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Smart from the officials. If it will not rain, the lack of water is Buddha´s/God´s will and has nothing to do with their bad water management.

"I have no need of this consciousness, I am the absolute"

Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj  from 'I am that'

• Like 1

Self inflicted by the city officials that have allowed unrestricted building of hotels in Pattaya. If they run out of water people will just have to do what they did in the 90s and buy water themselves. Don't ask me where the water came from to sell, but never seemed to be a problem for those selling to find some.

• Like 1

I am confused...a few months ago Pattaya officials said there was plenty of water in the reservoirs. At the time my knee jerk reflex was “BS” because back 14? 13 ? years ago Pattaya had a severe water shortage and was caught off guard. Why are government officials always in denial which results to not being “pro-active”?  -Definitely a cultural trait in Thailand.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, khaowong1 said:

In Thailand, it's either your home gets flooded out losing everything, or you don't have enough water to bathe.  But would the Thai govt. bring in some experts to fix this problem?  Hell no. 

I'm not in Thailand but we've had big floods in part of the country and a bad drought in the rest. Not just Thailand that doesn't fix things.

21 hours ago, keith101 said:

Looks like now would be the perfect time to get in there and deepen it to hold more water for the future , sitting around praying for rain isn't going to do much .

Totally agree anybody with half a brain would know that BBBBBut TIT

• Like 1

22 hours ago, keith101 said:

Looks like now would be the perfect time to get in there and deepen it to hold more water for the future , sitting around praying for rain isn't going to do much .

they dont have the brains to deepen/dredge, thus allowing MORE water to be stored for the future !!

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

Maybe they need to have an actual plan?   Instead of building more roads and highways and current putting drains everywhere which is a good thing but maybe have it lead and save somewhere? instead of flushing it all down the ocean.

Soon there won't be enough water to use the new submarines.

On 2/25/2020 at 8:33 PM, barnsleyman said:

Making Pattaya do the 3 official Songkran days would help,instead of the usual mayhem for 10 days.

Cancelling Songkran in the whole of Thailand completely would be the best idea.

Going back to the traditional way is best.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 10:05 AM, ThreeEyedRaven said:

My Goodness! Will they have to cancel Songkran? Difficult to have a water fight without any water after all. 

Songkran should be banned and not just cancelled.

It is a waste of money, resource which should be given to other people in the world who are in need for more water.

To splash water just for fun is atrocious.

• Like 1

Praying....works every time. Eventually.

Think really hard about the problem with your eyes shut and if you wait around or live long enough it will rain again.

Or would that just be a coincidence?

It's trees and vegetation that make rain. The heat from the sun draws warm moisture of the sea. The wind then blows this moisture over the land and the cooler air drawn up from ground covered in trees makes it rain.

Cover the ground in buildings and tarmac and heat the air with car pollution and A.C. units and the air never cools and you don't get rain. You get a desert.

Thailand chopped all the trees down all over the country a hundred years ago. What you see of any jungle now is secondary growth. There is no real rain forest jungle.

You reap what you sow.

Reminds me of the joke. 

A logging company was looking to hire a logger. A guy shows up and apply's for the job. The interviewer says, what are your qualifications. The man looked at the interviewer and says he worked as a logger in the great Sahara forest. The interviewer says don't you mean the Sahara desert? The logger said, well it is now!

It is too late for Thailand to recover.