Health minister Anutin urges stricter DUI penalties starting at Songkran

webfact

4 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

Just one question:  Why do we have to wait till Songklan?  

Further, it's not a valid excuse to say it's complicated because offences committed by cab & bus drivers etc., are processed by a different agency than private vehicles drivers. Just get on quickly with getting the 2 processes adjusted.  

Answer : STOP the Police collecting Money, opver the limilt, back to the station mfor a second check if still over on a properly maintained machine, then the next day COURT who issue the fine and or disqualification . Police responsible for safety of vehicle after the event . Do away with the POLICE collecting money ..problem solved the BIG problem in Thailand is the POLICE !

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

For the life of me I cannot understand why at these roadblocks, road side checks they only look at registration labels and wave you on.

They rarely check if you have a licence, let alone look inside to see who is driving.

I have been coming to Thailand since 2005 and have NEVER had a breathalyzer carried out on me and I am on the road daily and have driven all over Thailand.

Back in Sydney, same day I arrived, had a breathalyzer carried out on me, in the 11 days I was there recently, I was breathalyzed 3 times, morning, midday and evening, different days of course, just goes to show who is serious and who is not, who have a real police force and who doesn't.

Same time every year another brainstorm suggestion by a minister with no balls to justify he is considering doing something, but nothing comes of it because the guys down below aren't interested and don't fear the boys up top.

In Korat and Udon , you better not be drinking after 8:00 checkpoints all over the cities , Breathalyzer is Mandatory 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

In Korat and Udon , you better not be drinking after 8:00 checkpoints all over the cities , Breathalyzer is Mandatory 

Nice.

I only drink and drive when I am at the local, 20 minutes down the back road through a couple of villages, and I don't drink enough to put me over, not that big of a drinker, 3-4 smalls in 2 and a half hours.

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

For the life of me I cannot understand why at these roadblocks, road side checks they only look at registration labels and wave you on.

They even don't look at licenseplates, plenty of motobikes drive without one in Bangkok.

56 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

As health minister he should be more concerned about the songkran festivities being invaded by Chinese covid 19 carriers. Ban (or postpone) it, this year, is the safest option.

The virus is all under control here in LOS.   Even the  PM says so...100%. No need to worry.  With all the water being thrown about any virus cheeky enough to make an appearance will soon end up in the sewer. 

So Anutin wants to see tougher penalties for Drink Drivers and negligent Drivers.

Well ! He is in the perfect position within Government as a Deputy Prime Minister to make this happen.

Come on Anutin ! Actually make this happen, and make the Law stick for everybody.

That way you may get back some credibility after your xenophobic and racist remarks against Foreign people in your Country.

5 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

There are no excuses for drink driving. Everybody knows it's wrong so the law should be that anyone who is caught should have their vehicle crushed. 

Stop banging your head against the keyboard, it's damaging your ability to think straight.

You don't crush vehicles for drink driving, you 'crush' the people who did it.

Rooster

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

They rarely check if you have a licence, let alone look inside to see who is driving.

I have been coming to Thailand since 2005 and have NEVER had a breathalyzer carried out on me and I am on the road daily and have driven all over Thailand.

Back in Sydney, same day I arrived, had a breathalyzer carried out on me, in the 11 days I was there recently, I was breathalyzed 3 times, morning, midday and evening, different days of course, just goes to show who is serious and who is not, who have a real police force and who doesn't.

Same time every year another brainstorm suggestion by a minister with no balls to justify he is considering doing something, but nothing comes of it because the guys down below aren't interested and don't fear the boys up top.

I'm ure the ratio of police to citizen's is much higher in Australia than Thailand. Having said that, police are much more active in pursuing drunk drivers and other offenders. I may have been stopped 2-3 times in 20 years in Thailand - hardly ever see police, and never breathalised. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1