Despite attacks, Prayut manages to keep his cool

webfact

Despite attacks, Prayut manages to keep his cool

Thailand-Prayut-Chan-ocha-Twitter-900x54

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha / ©asiatimes.com

Promoting cronyism, favouring big businesses and being incompetent.  These were  among charges levelled by the opposition against Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on the first day of the censure debate on Monday.

Even his temperament – his often outbursts in front of the media in particular – was also included by his critics in the list of reasons why he doesn’t deserve in to be in office a day longer.

Sompong Amornwiwat, leader of the main opposition Pheu Thai Party who kicked off the 11-hour debate, described Prayut as a failure in every aspect.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/despite-attacks-prayut-manages-to-keep-his-cool/

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Hayduke said:
24 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Oh be fair, he always seems to get his shoes on the right feet.

True enough...but remember he does have a squad of army conscript slaves to dress him every day. He probably hasn’t put on his own shoes in years.

You mean he puts his wife's shoes on?

Or is that perhaps just in the evenings?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

What is quite sad about the whole thing is that he could have set himself up for future generations of Thais to look back on with respect and honour for changing Thailand into something better. Now I imagine they will look back in 100 years at him as a pariah !

What's with the 'in 100 years'?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

He is calm because he knows the courts, the police and the military will not let him down. He can do whatever he wants.  History will not treat him or this era well.  They Thai people will suffer while others prosper.

Nonsense. Thailand is advancing and becoming more prosperous.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

What is quite sad about the whole thing is that he could have set himself up for future generations of Thais to look back on with respect and honour for changing Thailand into something better. Now I imagine they will look back in 100 years at him as a pariah !

If you really think that would happen I have to ask myself do you really live here?

22 hours ago, rkidlad said:

He's a puppet. That's all. He would have been best resigning and walking away with all his money. But through a false sense of power, he bought into his own lies. When **** hits the fan, he will be the one to take most of the blame. Not his real boss. 

Yep, the people who chose him (or agreed with Prem's choice) chose well. A wannabe without very much talent but with unbridled ambition and convinced he could make a name for himself as he saviour of Thailand - all for the undying glory of someone else.

He's looking tired now, as he should, he's been running out of steam for a while, but he's like the guy riding the tiger - ha can't get off because if he does the tiger will eat him. Same same, this guy's instructions came from a source that tradition and accepted practice say can't be named and can't be denied. Getting off the tiger voluntarily is a no-no. Can't be did.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, darrendsd said:

If you really think that would happen I have to ask myself do you really live here?

Indeed, though I think that's what Prayuth thought was possible. Now he knows he was given a poisoned chalice, which he accepted along with the associated pipe-dream. They knew him rather better than he knew himself it seems - a fantasist and an opportunist who will yet pay for that stupidity.

Edited by ParkerN