Thailand reports two new virus cases, bringing total to 37

webfact

4 minutes ago, Yinn said:

2) thai people have strong immune system.

There is something to be said about the above.

In the past , weak individuals did not survive childhood, producing a more robust adult. I guess a bit of natural selection for the strong.

Modern Medicine insures the survival of those who would not have otherwise survive to reproduce and spread their genes "weak" genes. Creating a humanity that has less resistance to disease. 

Not sure of what ,if anything can be done about that, but it is an observation. Just food for thought. 

Does modern medicine serves the individual but places humanity at risk? 

We seem to get these existentially dangerous viruses with frequent regularity lately. How long until we get one that we have do defence against?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Does anybody remember the Chinese woman who was found dead in a Chiang Mai hotel room? It must have been around 4 weeks ago now, she was displaying flu like symptoms the day before and then just died. I don't recall hearing any test results from that case.. 

Edited by Mung
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

1) Hot weather doesn't change the survivability of the virus (see a previous post of mine).

2) Nonsense for 2 reasons. Thais have a lower life expectancy than Farangs and no farang has caught the virus in Thailand but Thais have.

3) The chart has aleready been debunked on this thread, it's compiled by the governments of each country and the figures aren't independantly verified. We all know how much the Thai government tells lies.

Sorry to disagree with you on that one but though it might nor change the survivability of the virus it changes the survivability of the host because  it changes  behavior, and the virus needs a host to survive , So as such it does change the survivability of the Virus indirectly.

There are a lot more Thais in Thailand than farangs,  so it stands to reason that Thais would catch the virus more. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

Sorry to disagree with you on that one but though it might nor change the survivability of the virus it changes the survivability of the host because  it changes  behavior, and the virus needs a host to survive , So as such it does change the survivability of the Virus indirectly.

There are a lot more Thais in Thailand than farangs,  so it stands to reason that Thais would catch the virus more. 

If you read my post on the subject, thats exactly what the British expert said. Makes no difference to the actual virus but lifesyles in hot countries could skew the data.

Agree on your last point but was just winding someone up who made the rediculous claim that Thais are more resistant to viruses.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

1) Hot weather doesn't change the survivability of the virus (see a previous post of mine).

2) Nonsense for 2 reasons. Thais have a lower life expectancy than Farangs and no farang has caught the virus in Thailand but Thais have.

3) The chart has aleready been debunked on this thread, it's compiled by the governments of each country and the figures aren't independantly verified. We all know how much the Thai government tells lies.

1) I listen to scientist. Not DannyCarlton from TVF.

2) Becuase thailand motorbike/road accident and government hospital is not same, more poor people no money to buy good medicine eg survive cancer. Thai have stronger immune system. Sure.

3) “debunked on this thread”. Which post #number this thread? Who? And same 1). 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mung said:

Does anybody remember the Chinese woman who was fund dead in a Chiang Mai hotel room? It must have been around 4 weeks ago now, she was displaying flu like symptoms the day before and then just died. I don't recall hearing any test results from that case.. 

Ssshhhh.

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

1) I listen to scientist. Not DannyCarlton from TVF.

2) Becuase thailand motorbike/road accident and government hospital is not same, more poor people no money to buy good medicine eg survive cancer. Thai have stronger immune system. Sure.

3) “debunked on this thread”. Which post #number this thread? Who? And same 1). 

1) I was quoting from a British scientist.

2) Where is your evidence that Thais have a stronger immune system? Don't the Cinese have the same? Bearing in mind that a good percentage of Thai people (yourself?) are of Chinese descent and the Chinese are dying in their thousands)

3) Search yourself, if you think I'm lying don't expect me to do the searching for you. I never lie.

• Like 1

Just now, DannyCarlton said:

If you read my post on the subject, thats exactly what the British expert said. Makes no difference to the actual virus but lifesyles in hot countries could skew the data.

Agree on your last point but was just winding someone up who made the rediculous claim that Thais are more resistant to viruses.

The point is that they might be,

not because they are superior people but because natural selection removes the weak in poor countries.  I am not saying that they are I am simply saying that they might be. 

"Evolution Says You're Weaker and More Disease Prone Than Your Ancestors "

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/05/01/evolution-says-youre-weaker-and-more-disease-prone-than-your-ancestors

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sirineou said:

The point is that they might be,

not because they are superior people but because natural selection removes the weak in poor countries.  I am not saying that they are I am simply saying that they might be. 

"Evolution Says You're Weaker and More Disease Prone Than Your Ancestors "

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/05/01/evolution-says-youre-weaker-and-more-disease-prone-than-your-ancestors

The opposite is true. Antibodies are passed down from your mother. Each generation will have a larger set of antibodies than the last.

No one has the antibodies for Covid-19 so all are equally susceptible.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

1) I was quoting from a British scientist.

2) Where is your evidence that Thais have a stronger immune system? Don't the Cinese have the same? Bearing in mind that a good percentage of Thai people (yourself?) are of Chinese descent and the Chinese are dying in their thousands)

3) Search yourself, if you think I'm lying don't expect me to do the searching for you. I never lie.

1) How can the British scientist know about thailand?

2) eg tourist always come get sick from Thai street food. Snowflake.

3) “I never lie”. Is lie. Everyone lie sometimes.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BobbyL said:

One patient is a female, 31, and has a family member with a history of traveling from China, Sukhum said adding that officials are investigating the rest of the family.

Quite a confusing write up. Was this women's family member who returned from China also infected beforehand, if not how did she get it from him / her? 

You Farang, you think too much.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Yadon Toploy said:

If Thai people have such strong immune systems as you claim, then why do they need so many pills and medicines, check into hospitals when they get the flu and start dropping like flies when the temperature drops below 15 degrees?

False narrative.

Truth....

61AAC3D2-8B14-45AD-AAAC-36DCBE4383C1.png

Edited by Yinn
  • Like 1

Just now, DannyCarlton said:

The opposite is true. Antibodies are passed down from your mother. Each generation will have a larger set of antibodies than the last.

Yes but antibody production is subject to ones immune system and if such immune system is

compromised ....... 

Read the article and see me what you think. If not true it is at least an interesting subject worthy of consideration

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

Yes but antibody production is subject to ones immune system and if such immune system is

compromised ....... 

Read the article and see me what you think. If not true it is at least an interesting subject worthy of consideration

IMHO no it isn't.

44 minutes ago, Mung said:

Does anybody remember the Chinese woman who was found dead in a Chiang Mai hotel room? It must have been around 4 weeks ago now, she was displaying flu like symptoms the day before and then just died. I don't recall hearing any test results from that case.. 

Apparently alcool intoxication. 

4 hours ago, Traubert said:

Can we put this one to bed? Singapore and Hong Kong have an unhealthy (pun intended) fixation with aircon. Everywhere in HK at least is set at around 18c.

Please, be sensible. Are you seriously suggesting that Singapore and HK have more covid cases than Thailand because they use air con more, and/or set it at lower temperatures, than Thailand?

have you never been to Central Mall in Thailand? Or any of the other Malls. I routinely take a light jacket with me when I visit them.

and as a Singaporean National, living in Thailand, I can assure you that Singapore is just as hot as Thailand and air con usage in cities is the same.

SMH.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Yinn said:

1) How can the British scientist know about thailand?

2) eg tourist always come get sick from Thai street food. Snowflake.

3) “I never lie”. Is lie. Everyone lie sometimes.

1) They don't but they know a lot more about viruses than anyone in Thailand.

2) I eat the same food as my wife. Street food most days. I get sick less than she does. I blame that on her eating more chillies than me. Crazy (Issan).

3) True for a Thai but not for a farang.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

"Spanish flu" -- which killed more than 50 million people worldwide -- and the H1N1 "swine flu" and H5N1 "bird flu" of recent years. In these epidemics, the patients most likely to die were relatively young adults with apparently strong immune reactions to the infection -- whereas ordinary seasonal flu epidemics disproportionately affect the very young and the elderly."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/02/140227142250.htm

Killed my grandfather in 1918 at 26 but not my mum who was only 3. The flu mutated and became much worse killing people in as little as 12 hours when it was re introduced into the USA

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

The Spanish flu disproportionately affected young individuals with a strong immune system via a cytokine storm. So, it's not always an advantage to have a strong immune system. Fortunately it seems to be the case with SARS-CoV-2. 

An astute observation,

indeed an immune overreaction causing inflammation and fluid buildup can be disastrous in some cases such as the Spanish flu. Obviously balance is the answer, a natural balance that we have removed, but are not enough technologically advanced yet to compensate for.

I hope we get it before it gets us.    

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:
7 hours ago, robsamui said:

On 4th February all Thai hospitals were ordered to not update or continue reporting. This is an out of date screenshot from the Health Authority - the website and link are now inaccessible (which by itself is very suspicious . . . )

I have seen a figure of 1000 under investigation recently, probably the most relevant figure not being given out. Sadly it doesn't seem to get updated so we've no idea is falling (investigations completed) rising (new suspected cases) or how many have been/are being tested. I suspect very few wheras in other countries they do seem to be able to keep on top of the requirement for testing.

Where are you looking? Today's figures are here. https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/situation.php

52   Report on February 24, 2020 No.52

51   Report on February 23, 2020 No.51

It seems before Feb 5, they used slow, low volume nCoV testing, and supplemented this with "panel tests" to scan for all common respiratory infections, to rule out nCoV? So they reported the number waiting in que for nCoV testing and listed various non-nC0V2019 diagnoses discovered.

After Feb 5, they are using faster PRC testing so there's no cue to report and no need to screen for common respiratory infections. That's all gone from the report. At least it all makes sense.

I talked to a medical friend who works at Bhumibol Adulyadej Hospital. She said all suspicious cases are first isolated and then tested. They send the tests to Thailand's main virology lab in Nonthaburi. So is it possible practical Thai style screening is working?

OTH, I'm still suspicions of just 35 confirmed cases. The problem is the report does not state who was tested, one assumes all PUI. But that is what my friend said.

EDIT: Fixed link to Thai nCoV reporting

Edited by rabas

6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

An astute observation,

indeed an immune overreaction causing inflammation and fluid buildup can be disastrous in some cases such as the Spanish flu. Obviously balance is the answer, a natural balance that we have removed, but are not enough technologically advanced yet to compensate for.

I hope we get it before it gets us.    

Genetic diversity is strongest in nature. Our crop/animal monoculture can be very vulnerable to some diseases because we like effeciency and everything has to look the same. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rabas said:

Where are you? Today's figures are here. https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/situation.php

52   Report on February 24, 2020 No.52

51   Report on February 23, 2020 No.51

It seems before Feb 5, they used slow, low volume nCoV testing, and supplemented this with "panel tests" to scan for all common respiratory infections, to rule out nCoV? So they reported the number waiting in que for nCoV testing and listed various non-nC0V2019 diagnoses discovered.

After Feb 5, they are using faster PRC testing so there's no cue to report and no need to screen for common respiratory infections. That's all gone from the report. At least it all makes sense.

I talked to  medical friend who works at Bhumibol Adulyadej Hospital. She said all suspicious cases are first isolated and then tested. They send the tests to Thailand's main virology lab in Nonthaburi. So is it possible practical Thai style screening is working?

OTH, I'm still suspicions of just 35 confirmed cases. The problem is the report does not state who was tested, one assumes all PUI. But that is what my friend said.

Couldn't open your link. I've seen reports that they aren't compiling the figures now not that all the tests have been done.