Thailand reports two new virus cases, bringing total to 37

webfact

For the disbelievers on here I would point to the fact that in the warmer southern hemisphere countries the infection rates appear to be stabilizing (but why Cambodia only has case is quite frankly untrue)

While in the colder northern hemisphere cases seem to be accelerating. I`m of the belief that the virus cant survive in hot climates, after the initial infection rates in Singapore it`s certainly levelled off there too.

It just a few months till the summer in the north, just a case of trying to survive till the spring. 

Well that's my take on it anyway. 

• Like 1

Desperate to stop virus’ spread, countries limit travel

"Officials scrambled Tuesday to halt the spread of the burgeoning new virus, from northern Italy where troops were dispatched to enforce quarantines and schools were shuttered, to South Korea, where some neighborhoods in a city of 2.5 million were brought to a near standstill.

New clusters of the illness popped up far from its apparent point of origin in China, fueling apprehension in world financial markets and political institutions. The spread fueled an increased sense of urgency among officials in some of the wealthiest nations in Europe and Asia, as well as in countries like Iran, with far fewer resources to stem the disease. But many remained uncertain about how best to contain it."

https://apnews.com/041a70e832d06dc7f09e0f724efa1321

6 hours ago, Yinn said:

Thailand has low numbers because

1) is hot

2) thai people have strong immune system. Not same snowflake.

3)...(below). More prepared than high corona countrys Iran, Italy, Japan, South Korea778B7CDF-9455-4418-9700-ED27166C80CC.jpeg.be3b96aac5c0bc75c21617dc0ae44565.jpeg

Let see what happen when other country start to ban Thailand because they lie. ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

Coronavirus live updates: US confirms 53 cases, CDC outlines pandemic planning

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/25/coronavirus-latest-updates.html

taken from that update feed:

"President Donald Trump told reporters that “we’re very close to a vaccine” while answering questions about the COVID-19 outbreak during a state visit to India, prompting outlets from the Jerusalem Post to the New York Post to write that Trump said the U.S. was close to finding a vaccine for the deadly new coronavirus. The White House later said Trump was referring to the Ebola vaccine— not the coronavirus. —Breuninger"

Maybe I would have been better off if I'd just stayed in los instead of returning to the states...

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, unsubscribe said:

"President Donald Trump told reporters that “we’re very close to a vaccine” while answering questions about the COVID-19 outbreak during a state visit to India, prompting outlets from the Jerusalem Post to the New York Post to write that Trump said the U.S. was close to finding a vaccine for the deadly new coronavirus. The White House later said Trump was referring to the Ebola vaccine— not the coronavirus. —Breuninger"

Maybe I would have been better off if I'd just stayed in los instead of returning to the states...

That’s just lie 16,858 coming out of his sewer of a mouth. 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

There are also no countries saying Thailand is not a democracy.Do you believe Thailand is a democracy?The beauty  of belief is that it is not subject to truth people are free to believe what they want to believe.

of course that is true, we are not all going to agree on everything however scare mongering on this very important subject is not helpful and i support the poster saying to keep all the speculating about Thailand officials under reporting the numbers of covid-19 cases, unless there is evidence of this, out of the conversation. Are there not enough people paniking.

3 hours ago, unsubscribe said:

or catch Ebola rather than Corana

4 hours ago, ukdave51 said:

For the disbelievers on here I would point to the fact that in the warmer southern hemisphere countries the infection rates appear to be stabilizing (but why Cambodia only has case is quite frankly untrue)

While in the colder northern hemisphere cases seem to be accelerating. I`m of the belief that the virus cant survive in hot climates, after the initial infection rates in Singapore it`s certainly levelled off there too.

It just a few months till the summer in the north, just a case of trying to survive till the spring. 

Well that's my take on it anyway. 

The dead cold of winter rule is mostly true for influenza A,B like viruses, the flu. It is less but somewhat true for other virus types like corona virus. They are not the same.

However, pandemics of new viruses for which humans have no immunity don't follow this rule. Here is the graph for the 2009 H1N1 pandemic in Britain, blue is seasonal flu in dead of winter. Red is the H1N1-2009 pandemic in dead of summer.

image.png.49ab74d127c0f0d9ccc1506aa041feb8.png

So will it help here? Probably somewhat, but probably not a great shield. A lot of disease spreads indoors anyway. I know I got a cold a few years back from CW immigration.

Edited by rabas

6 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Well ... NIH (the clue is in the URL, nat-inst-health) had the RT-PCR instructions on 23rd of January already: https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/conventional-rt-pcr-followed-by-sequencing-for-detection-of-ncov-rirl-nat-inst-health-t.pdf?sfvrsn=42271c6d_4 . Would be surprised if they didn't use their own instructions.

I think you posted that earlier, so they developed their own PCR testing. The 'codes' in the WHO instructions would come from Chula's genetic sequencing labs that sequenced the first cases. So if they submitted info to WHO Jan 23, used a week to convert digital codes into physical testing materials, then its makes sense they changed their reporting about Feb 4, which they did.

From what I read Thailand is fairly advanced in genomics for agriculture and diseases. The royal family has put lots of resources into it.

• Thanks 1

PUI cases went from 1,453 (Feb 23) to 1,580 (Feb 24) in one day. 

Cases under treatment (may not be CV19) went from 332 to 420 over the same one day period.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/situation/situation-no51-230263.pdf

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/situation/situation-no52-240263.pdf

31 minutes ago, unsubscribe said:

I'd like to see updated mortality rates by age.

from your link

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

PUI cases went from 1,453 (Feb 23) to 1,580 (Feb 24) in one day. 

Cases under treatment (may not be CV19) went from 332 to 420 over the same one day period.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/situation/situation-no51-230263.pdf

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/situation/situation-no52-240263.pdf

from your link

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

right but those are not the latest rates with south korea and italy reporting (I don't really trust the numbers coming out of china). Probably take a week or so.

6 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Let see what happen when other country start to ban Thailand because they lie. ????

President Donald Trump told reporters that “we’re very close to a vaccine” while answering questions about the COVID-19 outbreak during a state visit to India, prompting outlets from the Jerusalem Post to the New York Post to write that Trump said the U.S. was close to finding a vaccine for the deadly new coronavirus. The White House later said Trump was referring to the Ebola vaccine— not the coronavirus. —Breuninger"

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Cambodia has had one confirmed, one cured. I was there a couple of weeks ago and saw far more Chinese tourists than I'm currently seeing in Thailand. Going by your formula (which I agree with other than it should be x times v not x+v) Hun Sen is working a far more outrageous con than even Prayut.

I agree should be X

7 minutes ago, Yinn said:

President Donald Trump told reporters that “we’re very close to a vaccine” while answering questions about the COVID-19 outbreak during a state visit to India, prompting outlets from the Jerusalem Post to the New York Post to write that Trump said the U.S. was close to finding a vaccine for the deadly new coronavirus. The White House later said Trump was referring to the Ebola vaccine— not the coronavirus. —Breuninger"

... 555, excellent ... but The Orange One didn't lie for once, he just mixed up his viruses ... nuthin' new here, thick as a brick 555 ...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, donnacha said:

Reading this thread, I am stunned that some members here believe, with various excuses, that the Thai infection numbers are based on any sort of reality.

Thailand was, by far, the #1 vacation destination for the citizens of Wuhan, twice as popular as Japan. While other destinations took fast action to contain the spread, and banned flights from China, Thailand carried on as normal, anxious not to disrupt the peak Chinese New Year tourism season. Chinese are now using their continued access to Thailand as a backdoor into countries that have blocked flights from China. Some of those travelers passing through crowded terminals will, obviously, be infected.

The magical Thai method of preventing a rise in infections was to stop counting them. The downside of this clever hack is that you cannot contain the spread. Other countries are realizing that Thailand almost certainly has a larger outbreak than any country outside China. You will see them all starting to block flights from Thailand this week, just as the UAE has today.

I think you are exactly correct!  That there could only be 37 cases here makes no sense at all.  That the number remained stalled at 35 for almost 2 weeks is also highly suspicious.  The fact that all hospital "people under investigation" (PUI) statistics  mysteriously stopped being reported is also really suspicious.  37 cases???  I don't think so.  Actual cases are probably much higher than what is actually been reported.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, robsamui said:

On 4th February all Thai hospitals were ordered to not update or continue reporting. This is an out of date screenshot from the Health Authority - the website and link are now inaccessible (which by itself is very suspicious . . . )

flu2.jpg

I have been following up on this too.  I was prompted to do this because I just do not believe that the number of cases could remain fixed for over a two week period, and also in an attempt to understand why the UAE would ban travel to Thailand.

I'm starting to learn a lot that I didn't know before from really good sources , and most of it is pretty concerning, and leading me to believe the actual number of cases is probably far higher than 37, and over the next week or two, the number of reported cases are probably going to climb in dribs and drabs just to keep people from panicking.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I think you are exactly correct!  That there could only be 37 cases here makes no sense at all.  That the number remained stalled at 35 for almost 2 weeks is also highly suspicious.  The fact that all hospital "people under investigation" (PUI) statistics  mysteriously stopped being reported is also really suspicious.  37 cases???  I don't think so.  Actual cases are probably much higher than what is actually been reported.

If you,re correct ,where is the social media input from friends family etc stating otherwise? Surely it would be out there loud and clear .Are you suggesting knowledge of these actual cases have been kept from family?Impossible!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Olmate said:

If you,re correct ,where is the social media input from friends family etc stating otherwise? Surely it would be out there loud and clear .Are you suggesting knowledge of these actual cases have been kept from family?Impossible!

AFP report 26FEB2020:

Internet giants fight spread of coronavirus untruths

"San Francisco. As the new coronavirus spreads globally, the online battle to keep misinformation about the disease is also stepping up, AFP reports."

"Google, Facebook and other platforms are struggling to keep ahead of scammers, trolls, and others with ill intent who routinely use major tragedies or disasters as opportunities to swindle or manipulate people."

Spoiler: ThaiVisa.com not mentioned.

https://www.afp.com/en/news/15/internet-giants-fight-spread-coronavirus-untruths-doc-1pa2gn2

Edited by SkyFax
  • Haha 1