Why do foreigners live in Thailand knowing Video TRUE?

Sergeant

56 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Retirement in Thailand has worked for me beautifully, I have a nice big modern house that cost me what a double garage would cost me to build back in my home country.

Yet, retirement in Thailand won't work out for me. 

The price of overpriced real estate is irrelevant, especially when comparing it back home.

Lets talk about cancer treatment.

In Thailand 30 million baht.

back home in Canada - free.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AussieBob18 said:

But the key to it all is siomple - find a good Thai GF and take your time deciding if she would be a good Thai wife.  Watch and observe closely - the scammer ex-bar girls will always give themselves away - they are not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Just for the record, there is good and bad in all sorts of people as we all know, for me, I ended up marrying the bar girl I met on my first trip to Phuket of all people, she wasn't the first bar girl I had been with, she was the 3rd...lol.

I was in Phuket on a 2 week holiday with a good mate who later became my best man, spend 10 days with her, I then came back to Thailand after 6 weeks to take her to back to Oz on a tourist visa for 3 months after spending another two weeks here, e.g. meeting her family then spending a week in Phuket before we left for Oz, that was 13 years ago, she hasn't changed one iota and the feel is still there after so many years, + 2 kids later.

Agree, finances separate, as they have nothing to do with love, she also signed a prenuptial to that effect without blinking, so I am covered so to speak ????

As for bar girl scammers, yes they are out there, and we have all heard some shockers, some, like my wife hope they can find Mr farang quickly to get them out of there and give them a better life, well she sure as the sun rises, I did, suffice to say, she take care me and me take care her, perfect.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pravda said:

The price of overpriced real estate is irrelevant, especially when comparing it back home.

Everything comes at a price.

I have private health insurance for emergency and elective surgery up to $1.2 mil USA if I need anything above that, I can go back to Oz to do it under Medicare (free), we all have choices.

The fact is that Thailand is cheap for me, and is a tax free haven for me, in other words, couldn't do it back in Oz.

6 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Paint a very negative picture of Thailand ?

There currently seems to be a fairly long queue for that on ThaiGeezer.

I looked at the video for a minute or so, but it's all tedious repetition, some people just lack common sense it seems.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You're going to live 30 years in a cold country where the women won't look at you on the off chance you might need cancer treatment? (and most people who get cancer are dead in 5 years even with the treatment)

Who gives a flyin'

You should be in Thailand between 20-40 yo anyway. Your analogy can be put to a test by saying that if you are old and retired you can't get it up even with a blue pill, so you missed your best days  in Thailand anyway.

I don't agree with the video but one thing in it correct. your retirement should be stress free.

3 hours ago, Pravda said:

I get health coverage under the social security thingo, will it still cost me 30 milion ?

18 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Just for the record, there is good and bad in all sorts of people as we all know, for me, I ended up marrying the bar girl I met on my first trip to Phuket of all people, she wasn't the first bar girl I had been with, she was the 3rd...lol.

I was in Phuket on a 2 week holiday with a good mate who later became my best man, spend 10 days with her, I then came back to Thailand after 6 weeks to take her to back to Oz on a tourist visa for 3 months after spending another two weeks here, e.g. meeting her family then spending a week in Phuket before we left for Oz, that was 13 years ago, she hasn't changed one iota and the feel is still there after so many years, + 2 kids later.

Agree, finances separate, as they have nothing to do with love, she also signed a prenuptial to that effect without blinking, so I am covered so to speak ????

As for bar girl scammers, yes they are out there, and we have all heard some shockers, some, like my wife hope they can find Mr farang quickly to get them out of there and give them a better life, well she sure as the sun rises, I did, suffice to say, she take care me and me take care her, perfect.

Prenups arent legal. Use it to start a bbq

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Disagree, earn money when you're young, come to Thailand when the women at home won't give you time of day.

When you're over 50, you won't care so much about getting HIV, herpes, HPV, et al, because you're closer to death.

35 years is a long time. Maybe 75yo+ your theory applies.

2 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

Prenups arent legal. Use it to start a bbq

You must be from the UK ?

I hear over there they aren't worth the paper they're written on.

In Australia, a prenuptial agreement is referred by the Family Law Act as a Binding Financial Agreement (BFA). A prenup is a legally binding financial agreement between two people who are meaning to get married (a similar agreement can be prepared if two people are planning to live together in a de facto relationship).

The difference in Oz is, they form part of the Family law Act and are therefor recognised by the Family Law courts as a binding agreement.

Like I said, one has to look protect their assets, the ones that live in countries that have prenuptials and don't want to get one made up and signed because they will offend their brides to be, well they deserve everything they get if the relationship goes south. If a bride gets offended over a prenuptial, she is not worthy of being in ones presence, simple math, chicking, no money, no honey ????

5 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

In Australia, a prenuptial agreement is referred by the Family Law Act as a Binding Financial Agreement 

Like I said, one has to look protect their assets, the ones that live in countries that have prenuptials and don't want to get one made up and signed because they will offend their brides to be, well they deserve everything they get if the relationship goes south. If a bride gets offended over a prenuptial, she is not worthy of being in ones presence, simple math, chicking, no money, no honey ????

What is the purpose of having assets when you die?  Best spend as much as you can while still alive.

Maybe leave some to those who have loved you long time here in Thailand????

6 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

What is the purpose of having assets when you die?  Best spend as much as you can while still alive.

Maybe leave some to those who have loved you long time here in Thailand????

Assets don't necessarily have to be fixed to the ground.

My assets work for me by providing me with an income and can be cashed in, in a press of a button, e.g. shares.

I earn a tax free income and I spend as I go, (budget), I have everything I need/want, doesn't mean I have to spend it all while I am still alive.

When I am gone the loved ones can enjoy it as my will has them in it and they can't dispute the will because they are all getting equal shares and are all executors to the will.

22 hours ago, Sergeant said:

Life is not what it was 30 years ago.

another "I can't believe how things have changed in 30 years" topic. 

22 hours ago, Sergeant said:

Why do we stay even knowing all is True? You might have sold all your belongs in you home country? You are at peace living here? I am not saying to leave Thailand, but just wish you to see what is other are thinking. Where is the Law? The Courts will support the Thai Wife if she steals from Company's? you do not have property rights being married?

another "I came to Thailand and made every mistake in the book even I was warned over and over" topic.

33 million reasons to retire in Thailand:

Screenshot_2020-02-26 Why do foreigners live in Thailand knowing Video TRUE .png

20 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

I am not even going to watch this video because the guy making them is a useless tool, who unhappy with his own attempt at making a go at Thailand, moved to the Philippines, and now spends his time bashing Thailand. A loser! I am not making any negative claim against the person who posted.

Could well be the same guy WalkingO...........joined 2 months ago, nothing but negative posts / comments on Thailand....................:coffee1:

• Thanks 1

I stopped at #6, boring..... I do have a question for you, I don't know from which country you are from and if you have been to some European countries that depend a lot on tourism, scams are everywhere, I saw some in Spain, France, Croatia, Bulgaria, Hungary, Portugal, Czhec and some friends reported similar type of scams in Ukraine and Romania, thus not only Thailand....

Assuming a Thai person goes to live/retired in your country, he/she stays there for a long period of time, how would he/she be treated by your fellow country people, do you think he/she would be treated as a local, not be discriminated ?