BANGKOK
Sergeant

Why do foreigners live in Thailand knowing Video TRUE?

Not directly visa related. Moved to here.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Retirement in Thailand has worked for me beautifully, I have a nice big modern house that cost me what a double garage would cost me to build back in my home country.

Yet, retirement in Thailand won't work out for me. 

The price of overpriced real estate is irrelevant, especially when comparing it back home.

Lets talk about cancer treatment.

In Thailand 30 million baht.

back home in Canada - free.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, AussieBob18 said:

But the key to it all is siomple - find a good Thai GF and take your time deciding if she would be a good Thai wife.  Watch and observe closely - the scammer ex-bar girls will always give themselves away - they are not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Just for the record, there is good and bad in all sorts of people as we all know, for me, I ended up marrying the bar girl I met on my first trip to Phuket of all people, she wasn't the first bar girl I had been with, she was the 3rd...lol.

I was in Phuket on a 2 week holiday with a good mate who later became my best man, spend 10 days with her, I then came back to Thailand after 6 weeks to take her to back to Oz on a tourist visa for 3 months after spending another two weeks here, e.g. meeting her family then spending a week in Phuket before we left for Oz, that was 13 years ago, she hasn't changed one iota and the feel is still there after so many years, + 2 kids later.

Agree, finances separate, as they have nothing to do with love, she also signed a prenuptial to that effect without blinking, so I am covered so to speak 🙂

As for bar girl scammers, yes they are out there, and we have all heard some shockers, some, like my wife hope they can find Mr farang quickly to get them out of there and give them a better life, well she sure as the sun rises, I did, suffice to say, she take care me and me take care her, perfect.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pravda said:

Yet, retirement in Thailand won't work out for me. 

The price of overpriced real estate is irrelevant, especially when comparing it back home.

Lets talk about cancer treatment.

In Thailand 30 million baht.

back home in Canada - free.

Everything comes at a price.

I have private health insurance for emergency and elective surgery up to $1.2 mil USA if I need anything above that, I can go back to Oz to do it under Medicare (free), we all have choices.

The fact is that Thailand is cheap for me, and is a tax free haven for me, in other words, couldn't do it back in Oz.

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Good luck in achieving what you want to by putting this video up,

What does he want? To help? or to troll?

• Haha 1