Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Bangkok 7th worst city in world for air quality: Air Visual

Recommended Posts

Bangkok 7th worst city in world for air quality: Air Visual

By THE NATION

 

800_e496559f4a4aefa.jpg?v=1582613916

 

Bangkok’s air quality ranking took another hit, with the city being named the seventh worst in the world for air quality, while Chiang Mai was placed tenth, according to the application Air Visual today (February 25) as of 12.50pm.

 

The application showed the Thai capital’s average pollution level at 169 and Chiang Mai at 166.

 

Particulate matter less than 2.5 microns in diameter (PM2.5) in Bangkok and Chiang Mai were at 89.9 and 83.6 micrograms per cubic metre, respectively.

 

According to the Air Quality Index, air quality between 0 to 50 is healthy, 51 to 100 is moderate, 101 to 150 is unhealthy for sensitive groups, 151 to 200 is unhealthy, 201 to 300 is very unhealthy, and 301 to 500 is dangerous.

 

Meanwhile, the Pollution Control Department (PCD) said via website Air4thai.pcd.go.th that at 7am today the air quality in Bangkok and nearby provinces was mostly at unhealthy levels, with a tendency to worsen.

 

The PCD found that PM2.5 dust particles were between 54 and 88 micrograms per cubic metre.

 

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30382805

 

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-25
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rather breath BKK air than the much worse but differently polluted air back in the home country

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Deli said:

I rather breath BKK air than the much worse but differently polluted air back in the home country

Yeah You’re a lucky and thankful guy !

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mickey rat said:

Show's their total and complete disdain for the Thai people. It's criminal what they've done to this once beautiful country! 

Who are "they"?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Deli said:

I rather breath BKK air than the much worse but differently polluted air back in the home country

I developed respiratory issues including 2 bouts of bronchitis while I lived in Thailand from 2016-2019. I would never feel thankful for the air that I breathe in that country, it kills. I now live over in Siem Reap, and the air quality is so much better over here, although today we're in the unhealthful range. Thailand's air is toxic, and it kills.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Aspaltso said:

I developed respiratory issues including 2 bouts of bronchitis while I lived in Thailand from 2016-2019. I would never feel thankful for the air that I breathe in that country, it kills. I now live over in Siem Reap, and the air quality is so much better over here, although today we're in the unhealthful range. Thailand's air is toxic, and it kills.

It's not good at the moment, but the air quality in Bangkok is not like this all year, and is usually much better than many cities in Asia and elsewhere.  Exaggerating the effects really doesn't help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, webfact said:

Bangkok 7th worst city in world for air quality: Air Visual

I wonder if that will make it onto the brochure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The air quality 20 km inland from Pattaya has been 130+ every day since the start of the Year.

Frequently, it is so bad ( 170 + ) that I can actually taste the burning.

Polluted Air,  Polluted Oceans, Plastic everywhere, and trash just thrown where ever people think they will not be seen throwing it.

Thailand is still very much a Third World Country, that is trying to be better than they actually are.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It's not good at the moment, but the air quality in Bangkok is not like this all year, and is usually much better than many cities in Asia and elsewhere.  Exaggerating the effects really doesn't help.

It’s only bad for 5 months, but it does permanent damage over time.  Facts aren’t really exaggerations, even though it seems that way these days

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

The air quality 20 km inland from Pattaya has been 130+ every day since the start of the Year.

Frequently, it is so bad ( 170 + ) that I can actually taste the burning.

Polluted Air,  Polluted Oceans, Plastic everywhere, and trash just thrown where ever people think they will not be seen throwing it.

Thailand is still very much a Third World Country, that is trying to be better than they actually are.

And more industrial zones-yeah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...