Nor Sor 3 Land

Sorry for this post, I'm sure this has come up before but because it the keyword the search gives a million unrelated posts.

We looked at some land yesterday, it was a nice plot (4 Hong) and cheaper than other land.

Today, the helpful guy from the local tessaban who found the land for us (and who is obviously making some money from it) called to tell us the land is NS3 land, but its OK, we can just get the land surveyed and we can get it to Chanote.

A good friend told me to forget about the land already, but I found some posts here that suggest it was just time and a little money - the guy from the tessaban suggested 7K THB.

Has anyone any experience in buying this land? - the land is nice, we like it - but can easily walk away. Primarily its the location that sold us on the land and the price seemed to be the a little over the going rate, others seem to be over inflating the price and over estimating the market. 

I think its a common issue, the land is from a plot of family land, the owner is an old woman, living in a wooden shed across the road, of course she hasn't the common to change the papers - why should she? the land has been in her family since year dot, but feel if its a matter of throwing a little bit of cash at it, before we buy, then it might be worthwhile.

Why not make enquiries at the local land office as to the status of the land, rather than someone from the tessaban. Only the land office will be able to advise whether or not the land can be converted to chanote, getting it surveyed changes it to Nor Sor 3 Gor land then its up to the land office.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 2

Just now, baansgr said:

NS3 is OK, just means the boundries haven't been measured with GPS...Usually can upgrade, 7k sounds about right, however it can take months sometimes...using Hong I assume you are down South?

Thanks! I will look into it further with the land office, great!

Yes, Im in the Deep South, is a hong a southern term - 4 hong is easier for me to say than ngan.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Why not make enquiries at the local land office as to the status of the land, rather than someone from the tessaban. Only the land office will be able to advise whether or not the land can be converted to chanote, getting it surveyed changes it to Nor Sor 3 Gor land then its up to the land office.

Because this is the first step, if its not a lost cause then I will dig a little deeper.

The tessaban guy is a relative of the seller, he is acting as a middle man after we made local enquiries.

6 minutes ago, baansgr said:

NS3 is OK, just means the boundries haven't been measured with GPS...Usually can upgrade, 7k sounds about right, however it can take months sometimes...using Hong I assume you are down South?

Its not always that straight forward, Strictly speaking NS3 means its never been measured and has no boundaries etc,  After its surveyed etc then it becomes NS3 Gor (can be sold), then its a matter of petitioning the land office for chanote etc but at that point others can lay claim to the land as well, dispute boundaries etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Its not always that straight forward, Strictly speaking NS3 means its never been measured and has no boundaries etc,  After its surveyed etc then it becomes NS3 Gor (can be sold), then its a matter of petitioning the land office for chanote etc but at that point others can lay claim to the land as well, dispute boundaries etc. 

So, you are saying the NS3 land cannot be sold until it Is NS3 Gor? and even then it can be disputed until it becomes Chanote land.

And to make it worse can the title be changed while the bank are holding on to the deeds as part of a loan agreement? 

Edited by recom273

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

So, you are saying the NS3 land cannot be sold until it Is NS3 Gor? and even then it can be disputed until it becomes Chanote land.

And to make it worse can the title be changed while the bank are holding on to the deeds as part of a loan agreement? 

You can sell NS3 land but the sale process will involve the definition of the boundaries (ie NS3 gor). I dont think the bank would be lending on NS3 land unless its become NS3 gor.

As Baaansgr says above, 99% of the time it just involves accurate survey, and would probably only be a problem if surrounding properties are also not surveyed, no road frontage etc, nobody knows where one property ends and another begins. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

You can sell NS3 land but the sale process will involve the definition of the boundaries (ie NS3 gor). I dont think the bank would be lending on NS3 land unless its become NS3 gor.

As Baaansgr says above, 99% of the time it just involves accurate survey, and would probably only be a problem if surrounding properties are also not surveyed, no road frontage etc, nobody knows where one property ends and another begins. 

Great, looks like it might be worth a trip to land office taking the poo Yai and Tessaban leech out of the equation - they can collect their commission from the girl later. 

On 2/25/2020 at 8:08 PM, recom273 said:

Great, looks like it might be worth a trip to land office taking the poo Yai and Tessaban leech out of the equation - they can collect their commission from the girl later. 

I paid 10k to resurvey our land after a giant storm killed our markings on the land, just for info 5-10k and they usually do it in a timely manner, all with receipt etc. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 7:35 PM, Peterw42 said:

Correct - The land is NS3 Gor.

Edited by recom273