Are you getting your mail?

Pravda

So far for the past 6 years I didn't have any problems receiving any shipments from overseas.

Now I have 14 parcels that are supposed to arrive from UK and 1 from China and none of them are here. All past overdue.

Is there something scummy going on here? 

Theft? Corona?

14 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Covid-19 is affecting deliveries from China as many companies have temporarily suspended their operations. 

What was the outcome of using the tracking numbers to see what's happening with your UK items?  You can call Thailand Post's English-speaking call centre (1545) to ask them to check and/or investigate your delayed tracked items.

unfortunately there is no tracking on UK shipments and they were orders from eBay.

They are from trusted sellers, so I am sure they are all sent.

Also I am afraid I am going to look like a scammer if I make a claim on 14 different orders.

Very strange that the parcels just stopped arriving.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pravda said:
2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Covid-19 is affecting deliveries from China as many companies have temporarily suspended their operations. 

What was the outcome of using the tracking numbers to see what's happening with your UK items?  You can call Thailand Post's English-speaking call centre (1545) to ask them to check and/or investigate your delayed tracked items.

unfortunately there is no tracking on UK shipments and they were orders from eBay.

They are from trusted sellers, so I am sure they are all sent.

Also I am afraid I am going to look like a scammer if I make a claim on 14 different orders.

Very strange that the parcels just stopped arriving.

There definitely is tracking available from UK to Thailand, I've bought many eBay items from UK sellers and it's very unusual for them not to be tracked.

It's academic, of course, if the seller didn't use the very cheap Royal Mail tracked/signed for post, but why would you think that you'd be considered a scammer for enquiring (if they had been tracked), but you don't think that the seller could be?

Hope they turn up eventually.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

There definitely is tracking available from UK to Thailand, I've bought many eBay items from UK sellers and it's very unusual for them not to be tracked.

I know there is tracking. Of course there is. The sellers just don't use it on very cheap items that they sell (below 15 pounds) as tracking would significantly add to the total cost of the item. 

So, there was no tracking for any of the ebay orders.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Just Weird said:

It's academic, of course, if the seller didn't use the very cheap Royal Mail tracked/signed for post, but why would you think that you'd be considered a scammer for enquiring (if they had been tracked), but you don't think that the seller could be?

Maybe it is KARMA coming back to you.... If they don't turn up.....

Why are you forever leaving 'SAD' Emoji's on my posts...... I will give you a taste of your own 'Pudding'.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Mail from Oz (official letters from technology-challenged organizations such as banks) take anything from 3 weeks to 3 months to arrive here in south Surin ... but they do seem to arrive eventually (except for the ones I don't know about).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pattaya.

• 2 packages ordered from Wish in November (Thai Post once they hit Thailand), gave them up as lost and got refunds in December, both turned up on the same day - 7 February!
  • One Thai Post package got delivered to a hotel at the other end of town (nothing similar in the address bar "Pattaya"), fortunately the nice hotel took the trouble to get it to me.

I wouldn't trust Thai Post with anything of importance.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Shouldn't they send a notice then? Otherwise it is theft,

Oh wait.... 

Customs once opened a package and got my email off the shipping list inside.  I got an email from customs requesting a copy of my purchase receipt and for me to clarify if the purchase was for personal use or business use.  Emailed back with Amazon attachment, FOR PERSONAL USE in big red font text, and got the package a week later with no payment or tax due.

I'm waiting for 2 packages I ordered January 4th.  One showing a delayed shipping date from China Feb. 28th.  American package delivered to Thailand but not excepted as of yet.  The company emailed me, waiting to send Thai tracking number, two weeks ago.  Opening and spraying everything inside out then in quarantine for 14 days before sloppily repacking takes time is my guess.

The package that I mentioned first was opened, had the product placed on the bottom of the box, and bubble wrap stuffed on top making the package bulge way out on top.

20 hours ago, Pravda said:

So far for the past 6 years I didn't have any problems receiving any shipments from overseas.

Now I have 14 parcels that are supposed to arrive from UK and 1 from China and none of them are here. All past overdue.

Is there something scummy going on here? 

I'm the same, I've been ordering stuff for years and never had a single problem, then a couple weeks ago 2 disappeared.

So yeah, there is something weird going on recently, I made 4 separate orders over the space of 2 days (all from UK and all with tracking numbers)...2 made it thru in the normal time and could be tracked all the way, the other 2 got as far Langley HWDC (Heathrow) and vanished, tracking said they were leaving Langley...but they never showed up, anywhere. One of the missing ones reappeared yesterday at Lak Si mail centre, where it has been for the last two weeks gawd only knows. 

• Like 1

Recently sent Thai Mail envelope to UK EMS for 880bht taking 5 days and got Royal Mail envelope from UK EMS for 300bht taking 7 days both tracked all the way with no problems. Tried DHS one time UK to Thailand taking 4 days but envelope arrived shredded and sellotaped back up- never again!

My replay has to do more with general mail.  My postman used to arrive (surprisingly) about 6:30 or 7:00 in the mornings.  Back in October it seems all our mail just stopped coming.  No True Vision bills, no TOT bills and more.  Very important letters (legal matters) from the USA have not arrived and they were posted in early to mid October.  I talked with my wife about it and she talked with her friends in the area.  Seems many had the same problem.  Several of those not getting their mail went to the Post Office as a group and were told there was a new post person who probably could not find our houses.  But, I had seen him delivering to the house next to ours so that was just an excuse.  A search was conducted in the Post Office for any mail that may have been returned.  We got one piece that just happened to be an important one but not any of those that have been missing for months.  In the end, my wife arranged for our mail to held at the Post Office and we pick it up weekly.  One missing item would have felt like a credit card or similar was enclosed.  Not sure but I think I know where that went.

14 hours ago, kensawadee said:
20 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Maybe it is KARMA coming back to you.... If they don't turn up.....

Why are you forever leaving 'SAD' Emoji's on my posts...... I will give you a taste of your own 'Pudding'.....

Why do you seem to think that "karma is coming back to me"?  Nothing untoward has happened to me and I'm not complaining about anything.   Maybe you are under the false impression that I've lost some postal items?  I haven't, I was responding to another poster who has!

Why do I leave emojis on posts?  For the same reason that you (and every other member does), they're there to be used for what I (and all other members) think is appropriate.  I really do not care what emoji you apply to my posts (even if you do it for no better reason than I clicked on one for you!  Now that is sad).   It's just the same as my not having any issue with what is posted about me here, we all have opinions and we are all allowed to express them here...it's an anonymous forum, so, rhetorically, why should it bother you?

22 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

Also on Lazada beware of product claimed to be in Thailand that is actually shipping from China.

Never known that to happen and I don't understand how it could happen without the customer being aware or without Lazada's very reliable in-country delivery times being destroyed. 

Any item that ships from overseas has an announcement to that effect so customers are aware of that, and delivery times, before the order is placed.   The seller that supplies your order is also stated so that you can chat to them direct!  

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Depends on the postie.

Almost everything that goes missing is stolen by postmen at the end of the run.

I had a postie that stole everything for a few years, now he's gone and everything sent me is delivered.

Me too but the letters weren't stolen he was just too lazy to deliver out to the villages and dumped the letters on the floor of his living room until after a couple of months later he got all enthusiastic and decided to deliver, he was sacked.

I got a proof of existence letter from my old firm in Germany yesterday, it had been sent on the 31. 01. I filled out the form and took it to the post office who told me it would take two weeks to get to Germany, modern times.

3 hours ago, Neilly said:

the other 2 got as far Langley HWDC (Heathrow) and vanished, tracking said they were leaving Langley...

There's lots of posts on forums of 'leaving Langley' being a problem.

I've had stuff marked as 'leaving Langley' then no further information until it turned up at my door.

Edited by BritManToo