Are you getting your mail?

Pravda

I ordered something from Switzerland recently. Tracking showed that first it departed from Hong Kong for, wait for it, Germany. Thence to Bangkok, and finally to me in Surin.

Took 3 weeks to make this world-travelling journey and turned out to be useless anyway.

23 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Depends on the postie.

Almost everything that goes missing is stolen by postmen at the end of the run.

I had a postie that stole everything for a few years, now he's gone and everything sent me is delivered.

this ain't wrong, I used to buy a bunch of things from aliexpress, a lot of cheap stuff for my gf, socks and whatever. and everything arrived

and then one day everything stopped, out of 10 packages sent 0 of them made it, i got all refunded tho but i'm pretty sure they were getting intercepted.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 9:00 AM, WalkingOrders said:

Don't order from China , I had to cans x 4. Also on Lazada beware of product claimed to be in Thailand that is actually shipping from China.

All related to virus. I got all my refunds.

I'm surprised, I've been getting stuff from China etc via ali Express, Lazada and     E Bay, no problem this month etc?

Once in a while I think somethings missing, I go down to Banglamung Post office, go upstairs and ask, hey presto, next day delivered! By an apologetic postman. 

(Beware though of any FedEx or DHL deliveries...import duty rip off)

Edited by Paul DS

It is not only overseas post that takes time to be delivered I get one delivery every two MONTHS The delivery includes 2 separate monthly credit card statements from BKK bank well overdue to be paid when I get them Fortunately I do use online banking!! I live in Hin Lek Fai Hua Hin  

1 hour ago, musicscene said:

I get one delivery every two MONTHS

Have you upset your local postie? We get post several times a WEEK...and I see our postie (A.K.) come past our house nearly every day at about 2pm

• Like 1

I got around this problem by renting a P.O.Box; ever since nothing ever got "lost" again! And yes, the delivery times are no longer predictable, from Bangkok to Bangkok it can take five weeks and from/to Europe and Bangkok the record was three days. Go figure! 

On 2/25/2020 at 6:12 PM, Pravda said:

I know there is tracking. Of course there is. The sellers just don't use it on very cheap items that they sell (below 15 pounds) as tracking would significantly add to the total cost of the item. 

Normal Royal Mail signed-for post is not unreasonably extra and I haven't found a seller yet who won't do that if you request it.  All he has to do is send you an updated invoice covering the additional cost.

I suppose it all depends on how important it is to you to be sure of receiving the items  Obviously you should always receive everything but it's quite likely that some "scummy" workers are employed by RM.

Edited by Just Weird

On 2/26/2020 at 10:37 AM, mushroomdave said:

Had some papers mailed Air Mail from Canada January/6 to Pattaya......Canada Post tracking said departed Canada 3 days later.....still waiting.........

Canada Post is one of the worst offenders, in my experience. I sent a faulty eBay item back to a Canadian seller, registered, for a refund; it left Thailand and arrived in Canada but CP would not respond to any enquiries from Thailand Post.  A week or so ago I collected the compensation for the lost item from Nana Post Office.  Thailand Post does work!

23 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I filled out the form and took it to the post office who told me it would take two weeks to get to Germany, modern times.

They are told to advice customers of that sort of timescale to cover themselves in the event of delays but, as the items are flown from Thailand to Germany, it's unlikely that delivery would actually take that long, assuming Deutschepost is in the ball.

20 hours ago, Paul DS said:

Import duty and VAT charged by the couriers is levied at official Customs Dept rates.  They are permitted also to add an administration charge that they retain for taking on the duty collection for Customs.  It is all annotated on the delivery slip, there is no "rip-off" (unless you just want to call standard Import Duty and VAT a rip-off).

On 2/26/2020 at 10:23 AM, DefaultName said:

Pattaya.

• 2 packages ordered from Wish in November (Thai Post once they hit Thailand), gave them up as lost and got refunds in December, both turned up on the same day - 7 February!
  • One Thai Post package got delivered to a hotel at the other end of town (nothing similar in the address bar "Pattaya"), fortunately the nice hotel took the trouble to get it to me.

I wouldn't trust Thai Post with anything of importance.

They were still really good getting my friends Honda Wave from Phuket to Maha Sarakham though.

Doc. sent from the UK 17 months ago  never arrived.

E-bay package sent from China November 26th. not arrived. 

Seller resent New year still not arrived.

Another e-bay package from Malaysia sent 3 weeks ago , still waiting.

Last week had our first mail delivered this year.

True Vision bills from Dec. Jan and Feb.

TOT bill from Jan.

Non of the sent items have any monetary value , so they are not tracked.

Been to the local Post office and once again he tells us to telephone the postman.

Basiclaly if it is not trackable it is not getting to our house.

Edited by NE1
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Doc. sent from the UK 17 months ago  never arrived.

E-bay package sent from China November 26th. not arrived. 

Seller resent New year still not arrived.

Another e-bay package from Malaysia sent 3 weeks ago , still waiting.

Last week had our first mail delivered this year.

True Vision bills from Dec. Jan and Feb.

TOT bill from Jan.

Non of the sent items have any monetary value , so they are not tracked.

Been to the local Post office and once again he tells us to telephone the postman.

Basiclaly if it is not trackable it is not getting to our house.

Maybe not everyone uses the same post office as you do? In fact, most of them don't. I know I don't but I am in Udon and have a PO Box in Pattaya.

12 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Maybe not everyone uses the same post office as you do? In fact, most of them don't. I know I don't but I am in Udon and have a PO Box in Pattaya.

Why would you think I assumed that everybody was using the same Post office as me ? The title of the topic is " Are you getting your mail "?

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 12:59 PM, Pravda said:

3 out of 14 overdue parcels arrived today.

Let's see about the rest.

Both of my missing ones have reappeared...gawd knows what they've been up to the dirty little stop outs!

Parcel 1.JPG

Parcel 2.JPG

On 2/26/2020 at 6:18 PM, Paul DS said:

I'm surprised, I've been getting stuff from China etc via ali Express, Lazada and     E Bay, no problem this month etc?

Once in a while I think somethings missing, I go down to Banglamung Post office, go upstairs and ask, hey presto, next day delivered! By an apologetic postman. 

Good to know.Do you take ID and info. about what is missing?

14 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Two weeks from LHR to BKK is not normal

Then you guys from the UK are quite spoiled.

Parcels from Germany often wait at Frankfurt airport for 3 weeks before they arrive in Thailand. Two weeks would definitely be on the faster side for me.

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

Then you guys from the UK are quite spoiled.

Parcels from Germany often wait at Frankfurt airport for 3 weeks before they arrive in Thailand. Two weeks would definitely be on the faster side for me.

We're not being spoilt, we're just used to the fact that once it hits LHR it doesn't just vanish for a couple of weeks or more. And yes I've ordered stuff from Germany before, and it does take longer, normally about ten days longer for some reason???

This is normal from UK...

Parcel 3.JPG

On 2/26/2020 at 8:26 PM, Neilly said:

Have you upset your local postie? We get post several times a WEEK...and I see our postie (A.K.) come past our house nearly every day at about 2pm

I have never met nor seen my postie I sometimes wonder if its because I have never given him a Christmas Present lol We do get regular deliveries from Kerry SCG and DHL 

On 2/26/2020 at 12:54 AM, Muhendis said:

I have been waiting since Christmas for cards and letters that I know were sent from UK. This year is worse than "normal" whatever that is.

Letters and cards sent from me in the UK to Khlong Sam, Pathum Thani never ever arrived despite clear and easy addressing. In the end gave up sending or would snap pictures before posting and then send the pictures if card had not arrived. Can only assume that postal workers reckoned on there being cash inside the envelopes.

Well after writing to the Thai Postal service customer relations dept. in Bangkok and getting told " it is everybody else's fault not ours " 

I have just received our second delivery of the year . TOT and True Visions bill , both payments were due in February .

Now if only they could find the packages from E-Bay , Amazon and my Brother in the U.K .

Edited by NE1