BANGKOK

Hi. I may have been scammed just now in hua hin. Long story story short:

Farang German on a motorbike Stolen bag rebook ticket etc oscar worthy performance back story adds up. Has this happened to anyone else recently?

Awaiting more potential victims. Hopefully its not a scam and in that case let this serve as a varning, it could well very well have been a scam. Please help other people in need but do it in a way that is foolproof for you.

Did you give him any money,if so how much.

7 minutes ago, rikard t said:

29k baht flight ticket.

OK so you're out about $1k USD. Did he take your info with promise to pay back?

Scam or not you did a good deed. I commend you for telling everyone, just in case he is a scammer. Good man!

yes all that was asked for. i watched the bank transfer being done but maybe there is a possibility to cancel the transfer after the fact or whatever.

I am more then a little bit gullible i am aware of that. Still it was a very believable performance, in hindsight maybe a bit TOO beliavable. and i did get to see the transfer being done. I will update later today SEPA transfers should be within the day. I have his driving license photo, thats pretty much it.

So let me know more about the bank transfer. Did he do it or you? Does he now have your banking info? If so, I'd be concerned he would try to get more...

• Like 1

he did it from his phone ..yes but having someones bank account number doesnt hurt me in any way that i can think of?

my login credentials is not compromised nor does he have acess to my passport nr or driving license.

You are a good man.  Probably a scam as it seems like travel insurance should cover exactly this type of incident.   You'll know for certain in a couple of weeks if you haven't heard back.   Thanks for the warning.  Good luck, and hope you don't  let this go changing your caring nature.

• Like 1

Thank you for the warning.

But the biggest scammers are those with who one needs to enter in any business dealings.

Mainly the real estate developpers who are the biggest cheats in Hua Hin and that will be all honey and nice until they get your money.... like many other places obviously....nothing new unfortunately.

• Like 1

What are the chances, I just logged in to report my bag was stolen and I need to borrow 25,000 baht to get back to my sick relative.

• Like 1