BANGKOK
ChiangMaiThai

Do they make it difficult on purpose?

7 hours ago, ChiangMaiThai said:

replace with some 1984 style sterile regime.

and you did cite Singapore as what Thailand should be like.. 

23 hours ago, ChiangMaiThai said:

Lived here 20 years. Still can't get over how

Why do you bother? Have a family here?

19 hours ago, kenk24 said:

and you did cite Singapore as what Thailand should be like.. 

Ok, let's take this one step at a time for you. 

Is it in the interest of the Thai leadership for the economy to perform well and its citizens to be satisfied? Of course the answer is yes. 

So why are they attached to an Indian style bureaucracy that prevents business from running efficiently, demonstrated by the fact that almost no multinational has HQ in BKK and instead has chosen Singapore? 

Yes, in your village you can go to Lotus and buy a 248 pack of Lay's and sell them for 8 Baht each in front of your house. Provides a huge boost to the economy I'm sure.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChiangMaiThai said:

Yes I've learned. Just here venting. Story number 3 for you. I ordered some vitamins from Amazon worth $58. UPS contacts me today to tell me that the only way they will be released is if I provide my passport to a messenger who will take it to register for e-customs or something. But I'm not in Bangkok. So they told me in accordance with their policies the package cannot be delivered or returned and will be destroyed. Amazing Thailand.

Why don't you inform yourself before ordering things abroad?

The problem with customs clearance when using a courier like UPS has been discussed here on Thaivisa many times. Always use regular post, never a courier.

For importing vitamins into Thailand you need an import license from the FDA, which you are not able to get in your situation. Even if you were in Bangkok you would most likely not get this package.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Why don't you inform yourself before ordering things abroad?

The problem with customs clearance when using a courier like UPS has been discussed here on Thaivisa many times. Always use regular post, never a courier.

For importing vitamins into Thailand you need an import license from the FDA, which you are not able to get in your situation. Even if you were in Bangkok you would most likely not get this package.

My mistake. Didn't realize amazon was sending by UPS. Usually use iherb, which takes 3 weeks, but makes it through. And yes, I am currently petitioning the Thai FDA to release 3 bottles of Visine eye drops as they have classified this a drug under their authority. Pretty major case for the department I am sure.