Western expats and tourists a drop in the bucket

metempsychotic

On 2/26/2020 at 5:45 PM, moe666 said:

Just because some guy or woman stnding in line at any immigration office looks chinese or sounds chinese doesn't mean they are from china. Lets ty Taiwan, Singapore, and some from Malaysia. 

Lol

The mainlanders usually still stick out like a sore thumb ???? (I suppose you know Chinese and have lived in these countries long enough)

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You have ZERO knowledge of my experience, and know nothing about me.

Let's see

- you are in your late 70s

- ex nurse

- worked in nz and uk

- divorced at 30, woman took a lot and you still <deleted> about it

- 2 friends betrayed you

- you hate Bangkok

- you like villages

- you live in the north

- you cannot speak Thai

- like animals more than people

- rate girls 10s in gogos

- know lots about ladyboys

- most fun you had in life was sleeping with bargirls

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

All purchased on credit with the smallest deposit and the longest repayment period.

It's a house of cards ready to fall.

The financing on those cars is absolutely ridiculous too.  I have seen offers with 7 year loans which have huge balloon payments at the end (approximately half the original value) which will need additional financing.  That would bring the overall term to 14 years.  It’s no wonder that many of the Mercedes and BMWs never seem to leave their parking spots at my condo in Bangkok.  I suspect that they can’t afford to drive them unless they want to eat Mama every day.

10 hours ago, UbonThani said:

I'd agree with that.

But I'd add it's the whole experience that counts, searching for the right one, flirting, drinking and negotiating ... all part of the fun. Sometimes I think the flirting/drinking/negotiating is the best bit and don't bother with taking them home.

It's like being a teenager again, and looking for a date, but without the elements of doubt, worry and tension.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

Car finance is daft. Cars are worthless after 10 years.

Keeping a car untill its worthless is what poor daft people do 

Best way is a 3 year 30 % residual so after 3 years you trade up and the trade covers the Ballon of 30 % and you will always stay in the new car loop and having a balloon means your repayments are affordable and the bonus is you will always be in the new car warranty period 

Edited by madmen

10 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Let's see

- you are in your late 70s

- ex nurse

- worked in nz and uk

- divorced at 30, woman took a lot and you still <deleted> about it

- 2 friends betrayed you

- you hate Bangkok

- you like villages

- you live in the north

- you cannot speak Thai

- like animals more than people

- rate girls 10s in gogos

- know lots about ladyboys

Only half right. You really don't know much about me

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, madmen said:

Keeping a car untill its worthless is what poor daft people do 

Best way is a 3 year 30 % residual so after 3 years you trade up and the trade covers the Ballon of 30 % and you will always stay in the new car loop and having a balloon means your repayments are affordable and the bonus is you will always be in the new car warranty period 

No...perpetual financing is what “poor daft people do”.

And the balloon payment is money you still owe.  You need equity in order to trade up.

Sometimes I wish I had kept 2 of my last 3 cars as they are now worth substantially more than I had originally purchased them for (second hand).

On 2/26/2020 at 4:27 PM, Yinn said:

Some sex worker have “success” but what about the old one who not? How is there life now?

if you have daughter, will you recommend this job/life? Is terrible. Disgusting. Can you do this job? Allow some old guy to ...... you. You can ...... for some sex tourist man? Ergghh.

I know at least 2 female, Thai, successful bar owners, former bar girls, in 2 different cities, who have happily and without coercion in any way, introoduced their daughters to the trade in their own bar. They don't appear to be disgusted in any way. It's not much different from Thai husbands dropping off and picking up their wives at Nana or a similar venue. Thankfully it is likely a minority who put money above all else ..... oh wait!............

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 10:27 PM, Yinn said:

Some sex worker have “success” but what about the old one who not? How is there life now?

if you have daughter, will you recommend this job/life? Is terrible. Disgusting. Can you do this job? Allow some old guy to ...... you. You can ...... for some sex tourist man? Ergghh.

Women that don't want to be sex worker can go work in a sweat shop or plant rice.

If I had a daughter I would allow her to do whatever she decided was in her own best interests.

If you haven't done it yourself you can't say it's disgusting. Sex is so wonderful men from all over the west come to Thailand to have sex with Thai women.

If I woke up as a good looking woman I certainly would become a prostitute- beats working. I would, however, never do it without a condom.