1 Kg Per Week.....(+/-)

skippybangkok

Hi,

Not really super overweight , but at 106kg ( 186 cm ), felt there was room to take some off. Tried a few things, never seemed to work, and it became clear diets usually dont survive. (i.e.Dr. Atkins)

Decided on a lifestyle change which seems to be bearable.

Have a reasonable breakfast in the morning, and then nothing ( except for a few very light cups of coffee ) till evening. In the evening have a light salad or chicken wrap or something like that. And thats it. Realize I might need to take a multi vitamin for the time being until I get to where i want to be after which will maybe take light lunches again.

In the beginning no lunch was not possible, so ate some fruit, and slowly reduced it.

If cant bear the hunger ( which is rare i.e 2am last night when got from a night out with the Mrs. ), take a spoon of musli in a bowl with a little milk and eat slowly.

For those of you who think this is a death blow - there is an upside...... FRIDAY's !. I have one day a week (give my self from morning to night) where i eat everything and anything i want...... and i do to the level of almost puking. So you can still enjoy all those cordon bleu's, nacho's pizza's etc!!

Maybe not a medical sound way of doing it, but am now 99kg down from 106kg in about 5 or 6 weeks. Further more its sustainable. Once at my ideal weight, will stay away from sweety / fatty foods and eat normal meals ....but will still maintain my Friday binges.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem I had with Atkins diet was that I couldn't have the 'burger' (bread) with the 'ham' (meat), and I realised I didn't really care for meat by itself :o

But I agree that a one kilo per week weight loss is the best, I think

I cant exercise as I travel a bit of late (cant get a routine..... knees buggered too, so can jog / run )... so on a lean diet, 1kg a week is about tops ( unless just only breakfast which I dont think is sustainable ) . think cutting down and working on something sustainable is the best.

• 2 weeks later...
I cant exercise as I travel a bit of late (cant get a routine..... knees buggered too, so can jog / run )... so on a lean diet, 1kg a week is about tops ( unless just only breakfast which I dont think is sustainable ) . think cutting down and working on something sustainable is the best.

If your knees are buggered, try riding a bike.

If your knees are buggered, try riding a bike.

Or swimming! :o

Edited by Ajarn

I swim if i can, and considering a bike. Still going down, but getting slower now. First 8kg was almost 1 kg per week, i think now about 0.5 to 0.7...... but still going down, and having week-end 1 day binges.

Check BMI calculators, it looks like its wrong. they recon I should be about 85 kg, which I think is too low.

• 1 month later...
Have a reasonable breakfast in the morning, and then nothing ( except for a few very light cups of coffee ) till evening.

Basically, you're keeping your body in "starvation mode" - it's trying to preserve its reserves. If you're serious about losing weight, it's better to eat a lot of smaller meals through the day (say, 5 or 6 meals a day at regular invervals). This keeps your metabolism up, rather than encouraging it to lay down fat/preserve what fat you have because it thinks you're starving.