Looking for 2x6 or 4x6 Board 1.5m long

FolkGuitar

Title says it all. I just need one board with those rough dimensions for a project I'm planning.

Can be new lumber of used, so long as it's fairly clean and free from holes.

There used to be a great shop facing the south east side of the moat but it's been closed for some time.

Any ideas where I can get this? Google Map co-ords would be appreciated.

Thanks

Suksawad

Address
Trat Wong Road, Superhighway Chiangmai-Lampang, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Phone
053-242082, 244180
Website
Go to website
Coordinates
18.806078, 99.012437

They can probably provide, have a large mill in Doi Saket but you do not have to go there.

High quality kiln dried from Wood World south of town on that road that goes to Samung but from Canal Road turn left away from Samung and go down about a kilometer ?? on the right.

Finally going towards the train station thru the light at the Sanpakoy market, on the left about 100 meters past the light on the left.  Thaweephan Wood Company.

Suksawad probably has some less expensive wood but different types available.  Wood World and Thaweephan have quality at a price.  All can cut and mill to order.

The office staff may not be aware of the odd pieces in the back one of which may work for you.

Enjoy the project.

Best.
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Dante99 said:

Suksawad

Address
Trat Wong Road, Superhighway Chiangmai-Lampang, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Phone
053-242082, 244180
Website
Go to website
Coordinates
18.806078, 99.012437

Thanks!  That should do it. I don't need anything fancy for this project, or even exact measurements. I'll give them a try this week.

• Like 1

The address for suksawad above is their general timber yard. They have a designated sheet materials yard on the main road between the Trat wong road and the bmw showroom.

If you need boards such as plywood, mdf, osb, blockboard etc

• Like 2

3 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

The address for suksawad above is their general timber yard. They have a designated sheet materials yard on the main road between the Trat wong road and the bmw showroom.

If you need boards such as plywood, mdf, osb, blockboard etc

The BMW Showroom.... Hmmmmm..... 

Not being quite HiSo, I've never noticed any BMW showrooms.

Directions like this remind me of the ones I used to get when driving in rural New England; keep on goin' straight 'til yeh see where Otis Bragg's barn used to be before he turned the land into pasture for his Holsteins. Turn right there. Go to the fork in the road and take it past Asrul Fisk's north meadow until yeh see where that old Oak used to stand before it got hit by lightning back in '73... From there, yeh can't miss it!

• Haha 1

Rebooting this thread in hopes of finding what I need.

I went to Suksawad, and they will cut lumber to my specs, but they only seem to carry 1st quality hardwoods, and the price they quoted me for what I want was over 2,000 baht!

Seems that most of the places listed only sell 'high quality' lumber.

I just need some rough-cut construction lumber, can even be warped, just so that it's roughly

2"x6"x 60"

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

I recall seeing a good selection of "Finger Joined" planks and boards in Thai Watsadu, similar to this:-Timber_Furniture.jpg.c936b6dea967ae51e75271d48170b692.jpg

Don't know if this stuck together wood is any good for what you want (I didn't know it was called Finger Joined till I started Googling)

You could have a look at kitchen counter tops, or solid wood doors, but that might be a bit expensive.

Anyway Good Luck  :thumbsup:

• Like 1