Customers who bought Chevrolets at full price peeved, demand compensation

snoop1130

Yup - they sure are slow

Porsche GT3 price - $143,600 Nurburgring  7:12:7

Corvette C7 Z06 (last generation) - $70,900 Nurburgring 7:13:9

C8 records not official

So ... half the money and 1.2 seconds slower

I imagine for the 70K saving, put toward more HP, the overscored overbored Volkswagon could be seeing nothing but tail lights.

Take that Euro Trash !

14 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Yep - pushrod engines not too good for making power.

Just look at a Top fuel car

And your point is? It's still a truck engine...............lol

Wait for the Z06 - if that version of the C8 also has a push rod truck engine, I rest my case.

12 hours ago, mistral53 said:

And your point is? It's still a truck engine...............lol

Wait for the Z06 - if that version of the C8 also has a push rod truck engine, I rest my case.

So all push rod equipped engines are 'truck' engines.....:coffee1:

My Mini Cooper S engine was never fitted in a truck......

7 hours ago, canthai55 said:

What case ? You have none

I did not realize that you are not familiar with the Corvette vernacular - the C8 Z06 is an upcoming variant of the Vette line up. If that future variant is also equipped with a truck engine, your argument is taken as confirming that American truck engine technology is superior to Euro trash dual cam, four valve turbo charged engines - hence referred to as 'rest my case' when that future moment arrives.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/07/twin-turbo-v8-lt7-engine-for-c8-corvette-z06-leaks/

More importantly - is it still possible for you to write complete sentences?

On 2/26/2020 at 12:13 PM, jackdd said:

If they were not losing money after discounting the cars by 50% they would not have retreated from the Thai market.

it's more than just the Thai market... the whole RHD manufacture of their particular models there, was supposed to support all other countries in that region of the planet... right down to Australia etc too

15 hours ago, mistral53 said:

I did not realize that you are not familiar with the Corvette vernacular - the C8 Z06 is an upcoming variant of the Vette line up. If that future variant is also equipped with a truck engine, your argument is taken as confirming that American truck engine technology is superior to Euro trash dual cam, four valve turbo charged engines - hence referred to as 'rest my case' when that future moment arrives.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/07/twin-turbo-v8-lt7-engine-for-c8-corvette-z06-leaks/

More importantly - is it still possible for you to write complete sentences?

Why is it a truck engine......?

On 3/2/2020 at 3:08 PM, canthai55 said:

Yup - they sure are slow

Porsche GT3 price - $143,600 Nurburgring  7:12:7

Corvette C7 Z06 (last generation) - $70,900 Nurburgring 7:13:9

C8 records not official

So ... half the money and 1.2 seconds slower

I imagine for the 70K saving, put toward more HP, the overscored overbored Volkswagon could be seeing nothing but tail lights.

Take that Euro Trash !

Porsche 918 which is also a mid engined car is 6:57 I believe.  :whistling:

Tail lights look kinda ordinary>

12 hours ago, mistral53 said:

Have a look at these two engines, one is installed in trucks, the other in the C8, they are identical twins in almost all aspects:

https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-engines/l86/

https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-engines/lt2/

So what............????............A Mini Cooper S (1964) is identical to a Post Office mail Mini deliver van, but the internals are not the same.... 

13 hours ago, mistral53 said:

Have a look at these two engines, one is installed in trucks, the other in the C8, they are identical twins in almost all aspects:

https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-engines/l86/

https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-engines/lt2/

Here is a list of cars fitted with your "truck" engine, I suggest you look at the engine HP details of each one. 

De Tomaso Pantera

AC Cobra

Ford GT40

Monteverdi

Iso Grifo

Bizzarrini

Ultima Evolution

Arash AF10

Mosler MT900

Saleen S7

SCC Ultimate Aero TT

Vector W8

Hennessey Venom GT

Panoz Esperante GT-1

Zenvo ST1

Plymouth Superbird

Dodge Daytona

Have a read about these cars with "truck" engines, some are over 1000HP, may enlighten you a little....

My Pontiac V8 engine was never put in a truck, except I believe in GMC back in the 50's for a short while...????

Edited by transam

• 2 weeks later...

Just gotta put my last 2 cents in this...I drove for over 50 years on the other side of the road, we are oldish...but was impressed with what the Trailblazer offered, I really enjoy the boop boop when I stray out of my lane and the beep beep when some fool is in my blind spot on both sides and yellow flashing light in side mirrors..... yea eventually this stuff may quit but by that time I hope to be quite accustomed to driving on the other side of the road...Or have someone drive me..

It is a change and as you get older these kind of changes get harder to cope with.. IE the darn internet connection and the smart TV which is useless as it somehow plays Koran stuff. But its all cool we never planned on a long time just a good time.. So the only thing I am sorry for is the Thais who lost their jobs, they built me a fine set of wheels and I love it. Hope they get great severance packages from GM...Make them bleed.... From the USA forums for this product it appears the ones built in Thailand or overseas are a lot less troublesome than their brethren built in USA. Thats sad but par for the course.  

Adios amigos..

Yankster out...

Edited by yankyoakum
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, yankyoakum said:

Just gotta put my last 2 cents in this...I drove for over 50 years on the other side of the road, we are oldish...but was impressed with what the Trailblazer offered, I really enjoy the boop boop when I stray out of my lane and the beep beep when some fool is in my blind spot on both sides and yellow flashing light in side mirrors..... yea eventually this stuff may quit but by that time I hope to be quite accustomed to driving on the other side of the road...Or have someone drive me..

It is a change and as you get older these kind of changes get harder to cope with.. IE the darn internet connection and the smart TV which is useless as it somehow plays Koran stuff. But its all cool we never planned on a long time just a good time.. So the only thing I am sorry for is the Thais who lost their jobs, they built me a fine set of wheels and I love it. Hope they get great severance packages from GM...Make them bleed.... From the USA forums for this product it appears the ones built in Thailand or overseas are a lot less troublesome than their brethren built in USA. Thats sad but par for the course.  

Adios amigos..

Yankster out...

Is that not normal on all these days ? 

-'I really enjoy the boop boop when I stray out of my lane and the beep beep when some fool is in my blind spot on both sides and yellow flashing light in side mirrors.'-

My Ford Ranger 2016 Pickup has these [4 years old this month]

• Haha 1