Thailand to implement measures to discourage COVID-19 “Super Spreader”

snoop1130

1 hour ago, unamazedloso said:

Just out of curiosity, would the pollution levels increase the amount of people that die as a result of a weaker immunity or are they planning to try and kil the virus with pollution because DAM its bad today. 260pm 2.5. If they cant control this how can they control a super spreader and i aint referring to my wife????.

Fines and jail for people is a seriously well thought out plan. Fill the jails with the sick and the government makes money. Genius!!

Not sure on the 'living in constant polution bit'. 

I you get the covid 19 virus and develop pneumonia from it I believe it causes problems in the lung areas where blood picks up oxygen and dumps CO2. If those areas have already been compromised by polution then, possibly, it might have a more serious effect.

Note.  I'm thinking, not stating.

Edited by overherebc

Quote from todays' 'Australian' newspaper: "In Iran, the deputy health minister Iraj Harirchi tested positive for coronavirus, hours after he appeared on television wiping away sweat and coughing, to insist that the Iranian government had the outbreak under control."

And the official government spokesman who was standing beside him as he coughed & spluttered was later appearing beside other government Ministers on other matters ...

Clearly Iran at least has matters 100% under control.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rabas said:

So 500B and the officer skips my temperature test?  So, if I place an ice pack on my forehead before entering Chanegwattana, will they flag 150C?  ... A new Thai business!

Just need to neck down a few Paracetamol to reduce your Temperature

Its the drug that is Medically used to reduce Fevers.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

So why the concern over a "super spreader" if everything's under control and patients are isolated under going treatment, unless of course you're referring to "fake news"?

I would suggest it's addressing another risk aspect before the risk becomes a fact. But hey, there's no Thai bash to be had thinking like that.....

Edited by Traubert
Spelling.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Still short of what most wanted to hear, e.g. close off the borders for at least a couple of weeks, then see, apply same if numbers increase for a further two weeks. SAD ! 

And maybe make everyone stay at home under martial law, perhaps on-sight executions for transgressors.

I personally dont want to hear of border closures, dont know anyone who does. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SkyFax said:

The confirmed case clusters in Korea, Italy, Spain and maybe elsewhere can largely be traced back to one person so I don't see why this topic is such a source for comedy -- the OP states that there is now or soon be authority to restrain someone who may be positive or is positive but will not cooperate.

And pray tell...... who will decide whether someone may be positive or if someone objects to being told he is positive by someone not wearing a mask? 

There are no masks available. Certainly there are none available in CM

The authorities are going to be pretty stretched, checking for drunks on the road, people smoking on the beaches, monitoring the farmers burning their land, those who are without licences, without helmets, driving badly maintained, CO2 emitting pollution and restraining any of the 80% of the Thai population that isn't wearing a mask that isn't available.

So how will that work then?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

And maybe make everyone stay at home under martial law, perhaps on-sight executions for transgressors.

I personally dont want to hear of border closures, dont know anyone who does. 

Yeh everyone has a different story, it's too late anyway, the cat is out of the bag, just hope we and the kids don't catch this here, if it gets worse might exit back to Oz as it's away from everything, and they do enforce things quicker than most.

Just now, 4MyEgo said:

Yeh everyone has a different story, it's too late anyway, the cat is out of the bag, just hope we and the kids don't catch this here, if it gets worse might exit back to Oz as it's away from everything, and they do enforce things quicker than most.

Cant do that if you get your border closure.

18 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Prevent the virus spreading with fines and jail terms, are they totally insane?

They'll need to close down a few top hospitals for a start - visiting Ramithibodi yesterday with the massive crowding caused by time wasting queueing (just one quick blood test and visit the doctor to review and prescribe another 3 months meds... took from 9am until 6pm).

3 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

If thailand were to close borders for incoming traffic, why should aus accept a family from asia?

Because if you can believe the reported stats, Thailand only has 37 infected, 15 of which have been treated and released. Australia will accept it's citizens back on condition, i.e. quarantined for 14 days.

Make that 40 now, news just in.

Edited by 4MyEgo

31 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

The new laws may prevent any exits.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

Soon, the smart-BMW will be upon Covid-19 for overstaying, and the poor virus will be fined and jailed for tarnishing the good image and reputation of the Land of Smirks.

Meanwhile, on to other news - immigration and customs officers and other front-liners in the travel and hospitality industry are being taught how to say "Welcome comrades", in Mandarin.

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

The new laws may prevent any exits.

Maybe if it reaches China's level, but doubt that Thailand will go anywhere near that as the climate here is better than about 95% of the infected countries, remember the virus doesn't like the heat, come winter might be a different story and might be time to go into plan B.

53 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Maybe if it reaches China's level, but doubt that Thailand will go anywhere near that as the climate here is better than about 95% of the infected countries, remember the virus doesn't like the heat, come winter might be a different story and might be time to go into plan B.

50 to 60 centigrade does kill them so Death Valley is looking good for Summer Holidays.

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Because if you can believe the reported stats, Thailand only has 37 infected, 15 of which have been treated and released. Australia will accept it's citizens back on condition, i.e. quarantined for 14 days.

Make that 40 now, news just in.

Tell people who are about to go on a yearly 3 week holiday you will be in isolation for 40 days on return is just another way of cutting down on travel to the risky countries.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

Australia will accept it's citizens back on condition, i.e. quarantined for 14 days.

In other words, it doesn't believe a word Thailand says.

What was that Regan said? "trust - but verify".

Even more important when dealing with Thais.

3 hours ago, Bundooman said:

And pray tell...... who will decide whether someone may be positive or if someone objects to being told he is positive by someone not wearing a mask? <snip>

So how will that work then?

If a hospital determines someone is positive, they may be told that they are positive, at least in person, by someone wearing a hazmat suit.

Edited by SkyFax

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Tell people who are about to go on a yearly 3 week holiday you will be in isolation for 40 days on return is just another way of cutting down on travel to the risky countries.

I think governments worldwide should advise all intending travellers that if they travel they have to self quarantine for 14 days upon return, with strict provisions and checking, whether it be CCTV set up outside their front and back doors at their expense would be a good idea, ankle bracelet, personally, I don't care, it would be for the benefit of the greater population which they have to protect, forget about freedom for now until this thing can be under control, that said, I think it is now too late and will be around like influenza is, and we will be seeing larger numbers of the elderly passing earlier than expected, that includes unborn babies, new borns, young kids and those with pre-existing conditions.

Don't want to be negative, but it's happening right now and spreading, so the panic is real.

so are they requiring self isolation for the parents of all the 30 students who are from the now closed school? are they investigating those possibly exposed from the parents activities?   What about all the bank customers and then the people they exposed? exponential means exponential..