Neurologist in Bangkok

BuddyPish

Good day, all.

I went for an MRI on my wrist yesterday at MRI Thailand.

While I was there, it just occurred to me to have one on my brain as well since I'm knocking on a bit.

They sent me the radiologist's report today which said that there was :

1. Evidence of "mild degrees small vessel disease, small vessel ischemia or small vessel infarction at the frontal and parietal lobes"

2. "Mild mucoperiosteal thickening at both ethmoid and maxillary sinuses are noted"

I'm 53 y.o. and I don't even know whether or not this is serious or expected as part of the aging process but better to know for sure than to just dismiss it.

I've heard that neurologists have sub specializations but I have no idea of which one of those this would fall under so I'm looking for a recommendation from someone like Sheryl as to whom I should seek to engage with.

Much appreciated.

You would see a neurologist specializing in stroke. Of which they are many.

Bring the actual CD with you, radiologist reports of MRIs/CTs etc  here tend to be worth not much more  than the paper they are printed on, the neuro will read the scan him/herself.

I suggest

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/doctors/Roekchai-Tulyapronchote

Mind you, if the MRI does show old infarcts (prior small strokes) the only intervention would be to control any risk factors (BP, lipids) and possibly - if there are no contraindications -  low dose aspirin.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

You would see a neurologist specializing in stroke. Of which they are many.

Bring the actual CD with you, radiologist reports of MRIs/CTs etc  here tend to be worth not much more  than the paper they are printed on, the neuro will read the scan him/herself.

I suggest

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/doctors/Roekchai-Tulyapronchote

Mind you, if the MRI does show old infarcts (prior small strokes) the only intervention would be to control any risk factors (BP, lipids) and possibly - if there are no contraindications -  low dose aspirin.

Never had a mini stroke although I looked up the symptoms because I heard it's possible to have one and not even be aware of it.

None of those symptoms ring a bell, B.P. is textbook according to the nurse who took it last week but I'm deffo going to see that neurologist.

Thank you very much for the recommendation, Sheryl