BANGKOK
Lotusflower6

Relocation visa requirements

Hi

i am a retired civil service member living  in the UK

I have met a guy in Thailand who is from the UK and going through divorce from his Thai wife

He has a retirement extension together with the required financial deposit in a Thai Bank

It is our intention to marry so are we able to join forces in order to meet the legal requirements in Thailand

Just now, Lotusflower6 said:

We are undecided would it make a difference 

Yes - Fewer administrative procedures are required if the marriage takes place in Thailand

Removed a post with incorrect information.

I can't see an actual question in the first post, it's more a statement about intentions. Perhaps the heading is meant to ask about an appropriate  visa.

Querying where and how to get married doesn't seem to be part of that post.

Perhaps the OP could write again and actual ask what she requires from the stalwarts in the visa forum.

Edited by Old Croc

So you shall leave again once married, and then come back to Thailand as a dependant, using his already in place 800000THB? (I'll leave it to the experts to comment)

At least the PCSPS is in the UK double tax treaty (gov service). One advantage!

Edited by UKresonant

Sorry for being unclear

I would like to  know what Visa I need from the UK to enable me to convert to a retirement extension and use my future husband 800,000THB as a dependent 

Edited by Lotusflower6
Missed something off

35 minutes ago, Lotusflower6 said:

Sorry for being unclear

I would like to  know what Visa I need from the UK to enable me to convert to a retirement extension and use my future husband 800,000THB as a dependent 

Short answer is any Visa or even a Visa exempt can be converted in-country to a Retirement extensions as long as your > 50 years old but if you use your future husband's 800K for your retirement visa/extension then what will he use for his (especially as nowadays he needs to maintain 800K for at least 5 months & 400K for the other 7)? 

If you mean you would like to get a Non-O Dependant visa on the back of your Husband having a Non-O "Retirement" Visa, then again you can enter on any Visa (or Visa Exempt) to do this, or do it in the UK before moving over, but it's my understanding that you also need to have 800K in the bank (i.e. you would need to have 1.6Million for the 2 of you). 

I tried Google to see if I could confirm this & couldn't find anything (so am probably wrong) but what I did find is this...

Thai Dependent Visa Application

Just to be clear, your dependents constitute your immediate relatives such as your spouse, children and parents. In particular, the following long term visa holders are qualified to sponsor their dependents to come and stay with them in Thailand:

• – Holders of  business visas with valid work permits;
  • Holders of retirement visas. The dependent though should be younger than 50 years old (or)
  • – Otherwise, the applicant will be advised to obtain a retirement visa;
  • – Holders of Non O visas for people working in foundations and charities with valid work permits.

https://gam-legalalliance.com/bringing-your-dependents-to-stay-with-you-in-thailand/

Which suggests that if you are > 50, they will look to you to get your own Non-O "Retirement" Visa and so would need your own 800K.

7 hours ago, Lotusflower6 said:

Sorry for being unclear

The requirement is a Non-Imm Visa.  

It would be easiest to arrive with a Non-Imm-O 

(If it is the case that you can't combine using the 800000THB already here, if you like flying just keep visiting for 89 days at a time initially on SE non-O visas. Makes things so much simpler at the UK and Thai locations).

I would just like to comment that the Thai immigration regulations appear to be built on foundations of shifting sands. It may look stable structure, but the foundation detail and way it is applied appears to have become increasingly unpredictable over the last 15 months or so....especially if from the UK, (USA, & Australia).

Edited by UKresonant

7 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Which suggests that if you are > 50, they will look to you to get your own Non-O "Retirement" Visa and so would need your own 800K.

False info. A family member does not have to be less than 50 to get an extension of stay.

See: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_20  An extension of stay based upon retirement is 2.22.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

The requirement is a Non-Imm Visa.  

It would be easiest to arrive with a Non-Imm-O 

Without a non-o visa to entering when first arriving they would have to go to a nearby embassy or consulate to get a single entry non-o visa. Immigration does not issue a non immigrant visa (category O) for family members of a person on a visa or extension based upon retirement.

• Like 1