BANGKOK

Hi Guys

I am looking in to the Elite Visa programme and wanted to know if anyone hs any experiance or comments?

Thanks

Just put this into Google:

site:thaivisa.com thailand elite visa

Without more specific questions this thread here doesn't make much sense

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JoeMc said:

Having viewed the website it is anything but clear !!

I guess it depends upon what you are looking for.

The home page shows all of the memberships available. Click on them and you can find the details for each one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

My take on this > the Elite Visa is an expensive option to stay long-term in Thailand. 

I would only consider an Elite Visa:

- when 500.000, 1 million or 2 million THB, are 'peanuts' for you

- when you are not married to a thai national and under 50 years of age (so not eligible for a Non Imm O type Visa), and have reached the 'end of the line' using Visa Exempt, Tourist Visa or Ed Visa entries.

Thanks Peter

Am 56 on my first retirement visa and my English wife who is on an O because she is too young for a retirement visa.

Had first bad experiance coming back in to Thailand last month where female officer just looked at my passport, said NO, and gave it back to me.

Ten minutes of hassle with a senior guy getting involved before I got let through.

Asking myself if I want to live with that hassle and uncertainty for the next five years, especially if they change the rules in that period

Just want to stay here another 5 years hassle free

800,000 bahts not peanuts but not a show stopper.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarkT63 said:

Am 56 on my first retirement visa and my English wife who is on an O because she is too young for a retirement visa.

Had first bad experiance coming back in to Thailand last month where female officer just looked at my passport, said NO, and gave it back to me.

Ten minutes of hassle with a senior guy getting involved before I got let through.

Hi MarkT63,

If you arrived on a still valid Non Imm O - retirement Visa or on an extension of stay of such Visa with the 1-year permission to stay kept alive by a Re-Entry permit, you should have had ZERO issues re-entering.

I can only assume that the female border-immigration officer had a bad-hair day and the fact that she 'lost' the argument with her superior proves that point.

Occasionally you run into such a rogue officer - whose faulty decisions will be quickly over-ruled by his/her superior - but in 99% of cases you will have NO issues at all when entering on a valid Non Imm O - retirement Visa or extension. 

You are of course free to 'waste' 500K bath on the Elite Visa when you are staying here on a totally legit Visa, but if you find it worth for peace-of-mind when dealing with border-Immigration that's your choice.

Note: For dealing with in-country immigration you can make use of an agent.  Also often expensive and not necessary for straight-forward extensions of stay, but at least not a whopping 500K.

Edited by Peter Denis

1 hour ago, MarkT63 said:

Must be a mistake in the statement above.  How can your non-thai wife be on an O (I presume that's short-hand for a Non Imm O Visa) when she is too young for a retirement visa? 

To be eligible for a Non Imm O - retirement Visa (often referred to as a 'retirement' Visa) you do not actually need to be retired, you only need to be +50 years of age.

Edited by Peter Denis

The Elite Visa is a glorified tourist visa. Secondly, if you wish to renew your Thai Driver's license to a 5 year version, it is officially not possible.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

Your opinion of course but have you ever found anyone with an Elite Visa who agrees with you?

Yes there are alternatives available for a fraction of the cost, some people just want to take the easy route. Those people don’t consider it a waste.

Of course Elite Visa members don't agree with my opinion, no problem with that.  Everybody is free to choose the option that best meets his needs.  Just like I am free to give my opinion.