Elite Visa

7 hours ago, MarkT63 said:

We got our visas in Dubai in June last year before coming to Thailand - is October significant?

Mandatory Health Insurance came into force for Non-OA Visa holders from October (31st I believe), there are lots of threads on here about it, I just picked a random one here... 

... Policies have to be approved & cover at least 400,000 InPatients + 40,000 OutPatients.

NB this is not (currently) required for Non-O Visa holders so technically your Wife doesn't need it (I know, it's crazy but them's the rules) 

Jury is out as to whether you need it when re-entering Thailand if you got your Visa before October but you will certainly need it to extend your permission to stay in June. you almost certainly fell foul of this on your last entry, hence being initially refused & then being granted entry, if you plan on leaving Thailand before your permission to stay ends (Should have been given 1 year on your last entry) then you need to look into getting the health insurance.

You can (currently) resolve the issue by changing over to a Non-O, but this will mean starting the whole process again & you will need to wait until your Non-OA comes to an end (June) then exit the country & either pick-up a Non-O from somewhere like Penang OR coming back on a Visa Exempt / Tourist Visa & converting in-country - If you plan on exiting & re-entering before June then you're a little stuck I'm afraid.  

Per my previous post, my understanding is that the Elite Family VIsa is 800K for the holder & then an additional 700K for each family member (so 1.5Million for you & your wife) this provides 10 years (2 x 5) Visas and comes with various benefits (Limo transfer, Golf, Spa Days etc... ), the 5 year Visa (also comes with the perks) is normally 500K per person, have you managed to do a deal with Thai Elite to purchase 2 x 5 year Individual PE memberships for 800K and do these come with the benefits?

16 hours ago, wasabi said:

My wife and I just got 20 year Thailand Elite visas. It was a tough decision and I sympathize with those frustrated that there aren't more options but we are happy with our decision. No regrets.

Afraid the regrets might come if they require mandatory health insurance for Elite holders

With what I have seen over the last 15 years in Thailand I have learned,  never to say never,  when it comes to Immigration

2 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

Afraid the regrets might come if they require mandatory health insurance for Elite holders

With what I have seen over the last 15 years in Thailand I have learned,  never to say never,  when it comes to Immigration

Can't plan around mights and maybes! Once one gets the Elite unlikely a retroactive requirement would be implemented... get on with it would be my thought. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

The majority of people who can afford Thailand Elite can also afford health insurance.

Health insurance isn't mandatory for Elite visa but I have Aetna Thailand health insurance anyway.

It is a shame however how Thailand has treated OA holders with the insanely high premiums forced upon over 70 year olds in order to be allowed to do extensions of stay.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stanley78 said:

It is a shame however how Thailand has treated OA holders with the insanely high premiums forced upon over 70 year olds in order to be allowed to do extensions of stay.

Yes, an absolute disgrace.

But hopefully we are witnessing the dawn of new thai IO-approved health-insurance policies being offered, with LMG now offering it for 6.000,- THB in the 51-60 age band.

I guess that LMG got frustrated with PC and their cheapest policy at approx 25.000 THB taking the lion-share of the thai IO-approved policies on offer, and decided that they also want a piece of the cake.

See > https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1151805-oa-visa-insurance-seems-like-a-good-deal/?do=findComment&comment=15126829

• Like 2

I also decided to give it a go for the 5 year Elite.

I applied online and sent all paperwork per email on 17th February.

On 2nd of march, approved.

My current non-immigrant runs until June this year.

I have 3 months to get the Elite visa affixed in my passport.

I probably wait until beginning of June to get this sorted.

500k, yes, a lot of money but .....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes, an absolute disgrace.

But hopefully we are witnessing the dawn of new thai IO-approved health-insurance policies being offered, with LMG now offering it for 6.000,- THB in the 51-60 age band.

Thanks a lot Peter! I had totally missed that. I will pass it on to my friends with OA issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Stanley78 said:

Thanks a lot Peter! I had totally missed that. I will pass it on to my friends with OA issues.

Hi Stanley,

FYI > I compiled a comprehensive Roadmap containing all details/options on how to convert from an OA-extension to a Non Imm O - retirement Visa and subsequent extension.  The requirements/conditions are identical for the OA and O extensions, except that the O - retirement extension does NOT require health-insurance.  So for those over 75 years of age, that's a possible option (alternatives being subscribing to the Elite Visa or getting married to a thai national).

Just PM me if you are interested in receiving a copy.

38 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi Stanley,

FYI > I compiled a comprehensive Roadmap containing all details/options on how to convert from an OA-extension to a Non Imm O - retirement Visa and subsequent extension. 

Just PM me if you are interested in receiving a copy.

Thank you but you have already sent it to me and I have passed it on. ???? It is good to know that there are various options. Thanks again!

• Thanks 1