Wholemeal bread flour supply in Thailand

Kenny202

Just wondering if anyone has a supplier for wholemeal bread flour, even white bread flour as I make a lot of bread. Currently buy my bread flour from Makro but they don't seem to have wholemeal, nor do the bakery supply shops in Khon Kaen. I have seen it in Tops but last time was ridiculously expensive, would work out about $8 a loaf. If I can find a supplier somewhere I'd buy 10kg sacks of white and wholemeal

8 minutes ago, Toosetinmyways said:

Contact United Flour Mills Thailand. They have bakeries and baking schools. Three in BKK and one in CNX. maybe more. They sell bulk flour in a lot of different grades. Plain white flour was 1050 baht for 22.5 kilo bag. Beware info is one year old.

I buy TFM plain white bread flour for 32bht/kg ....... 31bht/kg for more than 10 bags .......... (YoK)

United All purpose flour @ 23bht/kg.

How come your bulk price is more than my kilogram price?

• 1 month later...

Be aware that I recently found out at the bottom of the bags that mostly all Thai flour is bleached/chlorated.

Those food additives have been banned in most countries already. 

Even tough the price is quite high, I switched to buying imported flour.

• Thanks 1

I think all standard white bread flours bleached to some extent aren't they? The artisan stuff maybe different but as you said more expensive. I ended up getting wholemeal for 60 baht a kg bag from local bakery supply shop. It's not a flour as such. On the pack says 25% white flour.

No good to make bread on it's own. I add about 2 cups to my normal mix (900 gr normal bread flour) and a little more water. It doesn't tend to rise as much and is a little denser but very nice. 

• Like 1