Kamphaeng Phet: "Foreign" man found stuffed in suitcase in the Ping River

webfact

Kamphaeng Phet: "Foreign" man found stuffed in suitcase in the Ping River

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A man who is believed to be a foreign national aged about 40 has been found stuffed in a suitcase washed up on a sandbank in the Ping River in Kamphaeng Phet in northern Thailand. 

The body was bent over and the ankles were tied with plastic cable ties. Red rope encircled the arms and legs.

Locals told investigators that they saw two men get out of a pick-up on a bridge over the Ping River and toss two items into the river. 

Rescue service divers searched for two hours for another bag without success. 

Fingerprints and footprints were taken of the body and sent to immigration in hopes that the IB's biometrics system would identify the man. 

He was about 165-170 cm tall and had been dead about 3 - 5 days. The police are basing their idea on it being a foreigner because of skin color and clothing, reported Thai Rath. 

A one kilometer stretch of the river from the bridge - 500 meters away from where the body was discovered - and on to a landing area was searched for an hour.

Resorts in the Muang Kamphaeng Phet and Kosamphee Nakhon area are being checked. 

CCTV is being examined to see if the people who dumped the objects in the water can be traced. 

Thai Rath said that at this stage the theory that the two men dumped two bags in the water is just conjecture. Police understand that the dumping of rubbish in the area from the bridge is a regular occurrence. 

The bag could have floated down the river from another area before lodging itself on the sandbank. 

An autopsy is being carried out at a forensics center in a Phitsanulok hospital and the cause of death is expected to be announced imminently. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-26

20 minutes ago, webfact said:

Fingerprints and footprints were taken of the body and sent to immigration in hopes that the IB's biometrics system would identify the man.

In this instance biometric data can definitely be useful.

Assuming he's either from a country that includes fingerprints in passport bio-data, or had entered the country recently and was fingerprinted by immigration.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

I have no idea of course, but I always view all of these strange foreigner death cases as reason to never get involved with local people in anything. No "can we work together", no sharing, no business, any money for building etc... All goes through wife's hands. This falang is not involved! I don't know them, they don't know me. Smile and wai.

Way to go, stay away from thai business if it's not a proper business entitiy like a big company in bangkok. All these village business is dangerous, friends turn into enemies if it's about money. It's not only here, it's an issue everywhere but somehow less civilized and more escalating here... 

I do the same, i keep out of local business, i help where i can but i won't get money involved.

Made a donation to a school years ago, but even that ended badly because then the Kindergarten was <deleted> off that the school got money for books and they got nothing - turned ugly. Never again...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Regyai said:

Kevlar?

Its not the shootings that will get you... it's mysteriously:

A. Found to have fallen from balcony

B. Washed up on shore.

C. Found stuffed in a suitcase

I always think... dealing drugs? Didn't pay a bargirl, or beat one?

Business deal gone bad?

I don't need Kevlar. I just stay as invisible as possible using my super Ninja powers.

Edited by WalkingOrders
Sp
  • Like 1

Veterinarians at Nerb Plubwarn Animal Hospital Phadet Siridamrong told The Pattaya News “Rabies has been found in some areas in Bang Lamung which are Huay Yai, Takean Tai, Nong Plalai and Pong. If bitten by a strange animal we recommend to immediately go to a hospital for assistance.”

----------------------------------------------------------

great now we have rabies in Pattaya 

not really an issue with wild dogs roaming the streets in packs 

quality tourism

2 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

I know my wifes family very well, and they are salt of the earth, and kind. My wife knows all my money is her money, and guards it with her life. It's all good on the home front man. And remember, one should not speak ill of another man's family. It's not polite.

there are exceptions ????

take care

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Yes, drat, said the BiB, that suit case has scuppered our suicide case...????

Life imitates art

I recall years ago, the glorious Pattaya Police proclamation of suicide (the victim cable tied to a chair and  Khmer Rouge style asphyxiated with carrier bag tied around neck) the declared rationale being as hotel room locked from the inside and only the deceased there = suicide. Y'know one of those push the button to lock (as you leave) door knobs.

Mind you these days having possession of a single use plastic grocery bag would be sufficient justification for a death sentence anyhoo n'est ce pas

Edited by Regyai

29 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

With suicide being ruled out unusually early only money and drugs sex left as a motive????Rip

has suicide been ruled out already, always thought that was the fall-back position just in case it seems there was a Thai involved -- however, very unlikely of course "as no Thai would do that" .

7 minutes ago, Regyai said:

Life imitates art

I recall years ago, the glorious Pattaya Police proclamation of suicide (the victim cable tied to a chair and  Khmer Rouge style asphyxiated with carrier bag tied around neck) the declared rationale being as hotel room locked from the inside and only the deceased there = suicide. Y'know one of those push the button to lock (as you leave) door knobs.

Mind you these days having possession of a single use plastic grocery bag would be sufficient justification for a death sentence anyhoo n'est ce pas

More complicated suicides than that have been reported over the years, yours sounds nearly feasible ????

• Haha 1