Kamphaeng Phet: "Foreign" man found stuffed in suitcase in the Ping River

webfact

38 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

With suicide being ruled out unusually early only money and drugs sex left as a motive????Rip

5 minutes ago, Artisi said:

has suicide been ruled out already, always thought that was the fall-back position just in case it seems there was a Thai involved -- however, very unlikely of course "as no Thai would do that" .

31 minutes ago, steven100 said:

could this be suicide ... but who would zip up the case.

40 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

With suicide being ruled out unusually early only money and drugs sex left as a motive????Rip

Ah thaivisa, the hub of original content.

• Like 2

This would worry the hell out of me if we still lived in Thailand. Immigration put a big target on every expats back with their 800k in a Thai bank stupidity/greed. 2 suitcases could well equal husband and wife. The scary thing is you will never know the truth if it is related to kidbap~torture~empty account and murder. This does happen in Thailand and for as little as 100k.... I hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

This would worry the hell out of me if we still lived in Thailand. Immigration put a big target on every expats back with their 800k in a Thai bank stupidity/greed. 2 suitcases could well equal husband and wife. The scary thing is you will never know the truth if it is related to kidbap~torture~empty account and murder. This does happen in Thailand and for as little as 100k.... I hope I'm wrong. 

Oh I don't know man, in the USA, you can get murdered for the change in your pocket. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Estrada said:

"The body was bent over and the ankles were tied with plastic cable ties. Red rope encircled the arms and legs" A police spokesman said that this was the worse case of suicide he has seen this month.

Don't joke, it has been known to happen? 

7 hours ago, bluesofa said:

In this instance biometric data can definitely be useful.

Assuming he's either from a country that includes fingerprints in passport bio-data, or had entered the country recently and was fingerprinted by immigration.

Never scanned my feet at the airport...is this something new?

If you think you are safer here....well, you are a moron.

if you think you can magically win battles here.....well, you are an idiot

if you think your money doesn't make you a target....well, your IQ is 60

if you think your life is worth more here....you are dead already

if you think poor people won't kill you over anything.........555

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

If you think you are safer here....well, you are a moron.

if you think you can magically win battles here.....well, you are an idiot

if you think your money doesn't make you a target....well, your IQ is 60

if you think your life is worth more here....you are dead already

if you think poor people won't kill you over anything.........555

Rubbish and nonsense, have you ever been to Thailand!

Compare, violent crimes against Westerners in Thailand and violent crimes against westerners in say the UK.

Edited by saengd
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

I am out all the time but I wear a mask and dark glasses

It's horses for courses.  When living in Thailand I had a couple of businesses and my wife had a restaurant.  We were also involved in charity work supporting homeless children.  I enjoyed being part of the community and still keep in touch with quite a few people still living where we were.  Occasionally someone would have a go at ripping us off but they were quickly sent on their way.

To be honest there was always far more chance of my wife sticking me in a suitcase and dumping me in the river than anyone else!

Edited by dunroaming
  • Sad 1

My hunch had some connection with a bar girl. Foreigners never learn. But go right ahead make my day. There is a foreign sucker born here every second. Just look at all the YouTube channel losers in Pattaya for example involved with bar girls and begging for cash for booze and girl money.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, saengd said:

Rubbish and nonsense, have you ever been to Thailand!

Compare, violent crimes against Westerners in Thailand and violent crimes against westerners in say the UK.

haha what? UK is a western country is it strange if westerners are the majority of victims of crime aka british citizens ????????  locals are always 99% of victims in crime in all countries on earth. the logic of some people on TV is funny.

have you missed all the stabbings,shootings, attacks on foreign tourists through out the decades in thailand? or have you not been interested and or missed those news... and you only come out and comment to defend thailand with no knowledge at all like most farangs.

have you ever been to thailand lmao

2 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Yeah, it is much higher ratio in Thailand. 

what he wrote makes no sense as british people are westerners, of course westerners are majority of victims of crime in a western country the logic of some people here ????

8 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

I have no idea of course, but I always view all of these strange foreigner death cases as reason to never get involved with local people in anything. No "can we work together", no sharing, no business, any money for building etc... All goes through wife's hands. This falang is not involved! I don't know them, they don't know me. Smile and wai.

Your right. Anyone in disagreement about the value of such a 'real' comment in regards to the locals is just naive. IMO.

Christ, Thai's are really something else, in this village I am at, these folks are constantly focused on me when I'm out.

Coming from someone who can speak Thai and well aware of how 'Thai' folks are, for the most part, if your looking for a genuine friendship most of the time you wont be finding it with a Thai man and less so with Thai woman. It can be tough staying positive about the locals and clearly you can see I'm not.

On a positive note...well...maybe someone can provide a good recent experience with some Thai folks. Could warm our hearts!

7 hours ago, ta158 said:

have you missed all the stabbings,shootings, attacks on foreign tourists through out the decades in thailand?

Yes, please list them, or at least give us some statistics so that we can understand just how worried we should be, give us a sense of scale, how big is the problem? Let me help you a little, in 2017 there was 265 western deaths from all causes including natural causes, accidents, RTA's illness and disease - in that same year over 7 million western tourists visited the country. So I'll ask you again, have you ever been to Thailand because it certainly sounds as though you haven't.

UPDATE:

Murder victim in suitcase: He is Chinese and came with a group of 15 that stayed in Pattaya

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police in Kamphaeng Phet have determined that the man found stuffed in a suitcase that washed aground on a sandbank in the Ping River is a Chinese national. 

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1150540-murder-victim-in-suitcase-he-is-chinese-and-came-with-a-group-of-15-that-stayed-in-pattaya/