BANGKOK
possum1931

Bike Breakdown.

Riding my five year old Honda Forza with 36000 plus Ks on the clock, at about 55KPH my bike went over a very small ridge on the road

no worse than any bikes do from time to time, and the engine cut out, although the engine turned over, it would not start, so it is now

60 Ks away at a Honda agent to get fixed.

Why should that happen to a well maintained bike, always serviced on time, and very rarely ridden at over 60 KPH, anyone any idea how that

could happen?

• Haha 1

My bet too - electrical. I only know old Hondas, which all needed spark to run. Does this model have a spark plug ? Broken spark lead would be my first look. I've had a Honda Dream turn over but not start - busted lead. Guess the mechanic will solve it !

Can speculate a lot of things,  maybe fuel problem, fuel pump etc. , who knows, but please do let us know what it was when fixed..., very useful for a fellow old model Forza owner like myself...

Although I was at Honda for an easy clutch shoe clean up couple of days ago, total useless mechanics, those monkeys can't find their ass to wipe it, let alone find a fault on a bike, they probably keep changing everything one by one until it starts....!!! 

Edited by Agusts

51 minutes ago, Agusts said:

those monkeys can't find their ass to wipe it,

The smell from their poor personal hygiene must be atrocious.

Do these bike have a tip over sensor or a side stand sensor?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Do these bike have a tip over sensor or a side stand sensor?

Side stand sensor for sure but not tip over, as far as I know...

I was thinking about that too, but when the side stand is down, you get no engine turning over, no power to the starter, so can't be that one,  or the one on brake handles,  OP says engine is turning but not starts...

• Like 1

Most all FI vehicles have a tip over sensor so the pump quits when you flip or crash.

My CRF has one - ask me how I know !!! 555

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Side stand sensor for sure but not tip over, as far as I know...

I was thinking about that too, but when the side stand is down, you get no engine turning over, no power to the starter, so can't be that one,  or the one on brake handles,  OP says engine is turning but not starts...

Yep, I agree with you. Forgot or misread the turning over bit. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Agusts said:

Can speculate a lot of things,  maybe fuel problem, fuel pump etc. , who knows, but please do let us know what it was when fixed..., very useful for a fellow old model Forza owner like myself...

Although I was at Honda for an easy clutch shoe clean up couple of days ago, total useless mechanics, those monkeys can't find their ass to wipe it, let alone find a fault on a bike, they probably keep changing everything one by one until it starts....!!! 

There is a list of things, I will get them changed to English and come back on, but there is one obvious red flag with this Honda dealer. At 12000+ Ks, I had to change the battery at a cost of 4000+ Bt, now four years later, this time they want 7000+Bt, like I said a red flag.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Don't know.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Agusts said:

I will let you know.

11 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

At 12000+ Ks, I had to change the battery at a cost of 4000+ Bt, now four years later, this time they want 7000+Bt, like I said a red flag.

Impressive. Even Ducati quoted me roughly 4k THB for a battery and they go online for a few hundred less. Honda Bigwing though also quoted me a much higher price (from their official price list, not a scam). I think it was just under 6k or some such. Honda Thailand is probably trying to squeeze profits out of these parts.

And the bike dealers don't charge the batteries for a few hours before installing them. Spraying the contacts with anti-corosion spray is also a rare occurance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oouch,  that is expensive,  for a Honda Forza, I bet you can get a similar, cheaper one online,  but have to wait to arrive...

This is just a quick search, 1100baht +104 delivery:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/bigbike-bigbike-rr-jtz12s-12v-112ah-er6n-ninja650-2013-forza300-i294616895-s496254061.html

And why would they ask for a battery change if your engine turns over fine - can't find the fault, so change everything you can possibly think of mentality...!!! 

Edited by Agusts
  • Like 2