South African arrested on overstay - BMW smart car comes up trumps again

webfact

10 minutes ago, Woolsgibb60 said:
1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

"Pretty sure they are...brianless [sic]".

Really?  Gawd...

These thais are so smart and clever where most police forces at this technology and data years ago but there again if u been live in the stone age it will be smart to Thais what else will they come up with to surprise 

Obviously, you missed my point in your desire for a gratuitous Thai-bash!  Unless you know what "brianless" [sic] means.

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Care???? YOU GOTTA BE JOKING, this mob just want us gone, as we can see what shenanigans they are up to better than the locals.

This type of comment gets a little tiring. If the Thai authorities wanted you gone, you would be gone - full stop.  Yes, their rules and bureaucracy may be frustrating, even crazy but its their country and they can do what they want. Its up to us to comply with the rules. You have choices.

Try living in England where we've bowed to the demands of foreigners - I don't even recognise my home country anymore.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

Yeh being a cheap charlie is reserved for the local plebs

What and how do you classify a "cheap charlie" as you call them since you stated it's about 95% of the population? 

You speak like you are 10. So before you call people plebs go back to pleb school and learn how to have an intelligent conversation with out trying to make yourself bigger in a online forums. Your type pf behavior I can tell the Thai people really want here in Thailand especially the ones who think they are above the rest here.

8 hours ago, Buddha Pist said:

Stop whining.

If "they wanted us gone", they could just hike the financial requirements to qualify for extensions.
They probably do want rid of cheap charlies but you can't blame them.

Careful when you criticize some people - his mates will roar in on their White Chargers wielding Ban Hammers! Still has to point out he was POTY 2018- says a lot. 

Personally I agree with your comment so that will be me on the naughty step again as well.

As for those STILL whining over the choice of vehicle just get over it. Like it or not these vehicles are effective in finding foreign law breakers and getting rid of them. More power to them.

Edited by Psimbo

4 hours ago, rgrdns said:

"They urged the public to continue to report infractions on the 1178 hotline."

Technically that's how they caught maybe all the over stayers?!

For a fact the helpless guy with a zimmer is caught at the hospital while he was checking in with his passport/documents, the hospital staff called immigration. 

Ya know, as a young guys growing up in Australia, we were taught that a "dobber" was the lowest form of life and here I am living in a society that actively encourages the practice. Do these people have no shame? Sorry, rhetorical question. 

38 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

It was 5-10 years ago.  Those kind of overstays were quite common.

I knew guys who overstayed 10+ years because the 20,000 baht maximum fine was a lot cheaper than any legal extensions available to them.  They paid the fine at the airport or border on their way out, and came back the next day.  Some came back the same day if they couldn't afford a night in a border hotel.

• Thanks 1

I inflammatory post has been removed.

Forum rules

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

• Thanks 2