Pattaya: Brit attacked because of jealousy over having more custom than next door beer bar

webfact

44 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

He’s friends with Tyson Fury...

Aquaintance and distant relative. Good clue there. There's currently a documentary running on him on the BBC. Last episode showed him in a couple of pubs that I have drank in since my teens. One, I took my wife in for a meal last summer, the other I took my son in for a meal on the same visit.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Like 1

There does appear to be something more to the story, despite what some on here seem to think.

Unless of course the part about "they waited 3 years to get my husband" went over the heads of the doubters ?

• Like 1

I saw this happen many years ago in Patong but the Army & Police involved on opposite sides.

If it had not been so serious it would have been funny.

The owner of the successful nightclub (again Farang) in the end threw his keys into the middle 

& walked away.

His comment to me was "not worth people dying for " & there would have been deaths

9 minutes ago, natway09 said:

I saw this happen many years ago in Patong but the Army & Police involved on opposite sides.

If it had not been so serious it would have been funny.

The owner of the successful nightclub (again Farang) in the end threw his keys into the middle 

& walked away.

His comment to me was "not worth people dying for " & there would have been deaths

sensible approach by the victim but what is the law of the land doing about it? it should not be allowed at all.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

In a bar, not with a bar. 555 It was meant to be a joke, was your reply? If not, funny anyway.

having a broken head may be nothing to be ashamed him ( being outnumbered 3 to 1) but it does not speak well of the thai cowards.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Attacked with a bar and three onto one. Ambushed. He has nothing to be ashamed of in any way from this unprovoked attack. 

debatable as they were three to one at the time of the attack but numerous others would have joined in if the thais were on the receiving end (bet bottom dollar on that). ad they can be cruel and merciless in the attack.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

But because her husband is a popular guy they enjoyed much more success than he did - her bar was full of expats drawn in by her man.

I pretty much think if you have better looking women and less KG of them you will always draw more men. 

Could be the Thai owner had just run out of his alotted pretties and only had wrinkled hippos left ? 

4 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Sarcasm alert on.

Well, the farang should have known better. Everyone knows you are not allowed to be more successful than Thai run bars, so by the bar owner next doors logic, he had it coming.

Fallang might consider now,

with ever increasing patronage,

to invest in a colt 38.

(just to avoid bloodied heads in the future of course)

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

we only know one side of the story, as it is told by an expat and his Thai partner. so we dont know the full  story. this might surprise some ppl here lol but farangs can be unwillingly very rude to Thai ppl in situations when its best to be more polite or coolheaded.