Pattaya: Brit attacked because of jealousy over having more custom than next door beer bar

webfact

5 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I see the word 'cuddle' used many times in Thai translations - house adverts etc.  I can't fathom in what sense it is being used.

Appears you may have posted in the wrong thread. The cuddle word appears to be a fault mostly in Facebook translations. The same text will usually translate ok in google or other translators. There is no rhyme or reason to it

10 hours ago, impulse said:

You don't figure that's because most of the Thais in a Thai tourist area have known each other for years, and most of the foreign tourists are complete strangers to each other?

Add in the other factors, they mostly hate foreigners and have infantile minds. Envy obviously antagonizes those factors. 

• Like 2

Not only Farangs.

My wife had a stall at a local market selling cheap jewelry those squzzy things and other cheap bangles and beads.

She would drive down to Bangkok about once a week, start off in the middle of the night to catch the early morning market, to get a pick-up full of stuff for her stall.

One day the husband of the wife of another stall, selling similar stuff came and told her to stop selling her stuff cheaper than his wife because his wife was loosing business.

I don't know what the actual threat was but my wife quickly sold up and stopped trading there.

:sad:

I know adam i drink in his bar he is a friendly likeable chap talks to everybody will go there tonight

nothing unusual here thais treat competition with contempt especially farang its there way 

Police wont do anything here, to many scum thai males hanging around that area 

• Like 1

Some irony in this is, used to have backpackers or retirees 'working' for bars while handing out flyers, DJ'ing,
behind the bar while the bars are owned mainly by Thais.

Today they crack down on that as of requiring WP's and Thai bars won't provide. Followed by finally have your own bar with staff and WP,
you get beaten up by other Thai owners and have to deal with ongoing drama. Enough reasons to stay out of that line of business.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

On 2/26/2020 at 5:53 PM, herwin1234 said:

we only know one side of the story, as it is told by an expat and his Thai partner. so we dont know the full  story. this might surprise some ppl here lol but farangs can be unwillingly very rude to Thai ppl in situations when its best to be more polite or coolheaded. 

that is true. In my experience those who "can be unwillingly very rude to Thai ppl in situations when its best to be more polite or coolheaded. " are about as prevalent as those who spinelessly wai and are over polite and sycophantic where they should stand up for themselves. As we do not know I for one am unwilling to speculate either way. both are equally represented on thai visa. 

• Like 2

of course they are jealous,but be careful that they don,t say u are working with no work permit.she sold the bar for a lot of money I imagine unless he did not show up until  it was sorted.now she is losing out and upset,no surprise Thailand and bar wars,2places walking st or soi bukai

1 minute ago, bristolgeoff said:

of course they are jealous,but be careful that they don,t say u are working with no work permit.she sold the bar for a lot of money I imagine unless he did not show up until  it was sorted.now she is losing out and upset,no surprise Thailand and bar wars,2places walking st or soi bukai

Thanks for that. I'll add it to my list, "50 ways to spell Soi Buakhao"