BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand road carnage: Motorcyclists in lucky escape, but others not so fortunate

Thailand road carnage: Motorcyclists in lucky escape, but others not so fortunate

7pm.jpg

Thai caption: Two bikes cheat death

Dash cam footage from a pick-up waiting at a red light at the Sa Khwan intersection in Sa Kaeo province showed a truck plow through the red light on the opposite side of the road. 

The truck - carrying waste from a sugar factory - collided with another truck moving on the green light before smashing into several other vehicles. 

Two motorcyclists crossing the intersection avoided death by fractions while another rider waiting at the lights managed to jump off before his vehicle was crushed.

The sugar factory truck driver who caused the carnage fled the scene.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-26

24/7/365 like this in the LOS.   life here has less value than a bug after it hits your windshield...enjoy your time.

• Like 2

"Red alert! Raise the shields!"

• Haha 2

These 'sugar trucks' are all about 70 years old, last maintained / oil-changed in 1985. Seem to cause accidents all the time also. I always give them a wide berth on the roads, but stuck at a traffic light.. Hub of Carnage.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The sugar factory truck driver who caused the carnage fled the scene.

He had to go to the toilet.

• Haha 2

I was taught to always......Always.......check both directions as you pull away from traffic lights just in case a moron is running them. I can see the sugar lorry may be partially obscured by the lorry on the inside, but even so a little caution by the other driver may have saved a collision. 

Sorry,....I have just found the main problem with the above paragraph regarding the roads here...........the first three words.......

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, spiekerjozef said:

and change his underpants!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

I think he did instantly, whilst the truck was on its side heading for the car with the dashcam.

should be a mandatory 6 months in jail, for fleeing the scene, this <deleted> about frightened of being attacked, abviously <deleted> out of their brains or high on yabba, how many times do they hand themselves in the next day , when they have sobered up