Condo Evaluation

Hi

My Dad who passed away has an apartment in Bangkok and we need to get an evaluation to try and sell it. I have contacted two solicitors in Bangkok and they have agreed to get the information from the land office but the are looking for 10,000 ThB to do this. This seems pretty expensive. I am not in Thailand - is there any way I can do this from Australia and maybe for a cheaper price. 

Thanks in advance for your help 

Howard

Look up what else is for sale in the building, get a calculator & use the M2 price for an approximate idea. If you are now the legal owner you can list with one of many reputable real astate agents (English speaking). For 3,000 Bht they will also do a title search

• Like 1

I have never owned a condo; but, I am sure condos in Bangkok (depending on location) can run from 1 million to several million baht.  One thing I know for sure is that you are dancing in the "buyer beware/owner beware in this case" territory.  It's difficult to find someone to trust when you are here. I would never advise anyone to do a long distance transaction that involves a large amount of money with anyone in Thailand. It's not just the brokers you are dealing with; but, buyers have a tendency to make a partial payment then figure if they ignore you long enough you'll just give up.  Get all your money up front. There are no friends; or, even family in Thailand when it comes to money.  Screwing over anyone to get ahead is an accepted way of life.     

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 11:52 AM, Blackstuff said:

My Dad who passed away has an apartment in Bangkok

any idea of the name of the condo building?

what floor is the condo on?

how many rooms?

Edited by NCC1701A

I'll say it because it needs to be said.  Did your father pass-away in the condo?  If he did, this will negatively affect the resale value greatly as most people, especially Asians are fearful of buying property where there has been a death.