Thailand has three new coronavirus cases, for total of 40 -ministry official

webfact

Thailand has three new coronavirus cases, for total of 40 -ministry official

by Reuters

2020-02-03T021713Z_5_LYNXMPEG110J0_RTROPTP_4_CHINA-HEALTH-USA.JPG.b67cd492dfcf21cba858237cf7ec8688.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Test tube with Corona virus name label is seen in this illustration taken on January 29, 2020. REUTERS/Dado Ruvic

BANGKOK, Feb 26 (Reuters) - Thailand reported three new cases of a coronavirus on Wednesday, taking total infections to 40, a health ministry official said.

Two of the new patients, all Thai nationals, had returned from vacation in Japan's northern island of Hokkaido and came into contact with the third, said Sukhum Kanchanapimai, permanent secretary at the ministry.

(Reporting by Chayut Setboonsarng; Editing by Clarence Fernandez)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-02-26
  • Sad 2

Patient who lied about visiting high-risk area tests positive for Covid-19

By The Nation

800_d9ddc03033d9450.gif?v=1582693733

A patient who had visited a high-risk country for Covid-19 but kept denying it has tested positive for the new coronavirus and endangered medical staff in the hospital.

BCare Medical Centre posted a statement on its official Facebook page that it had found a patient, suspected of being infected, who had avoided the screening process after returning from the high-risk area.

On February 23, a Thai man was admitted to the hospital due to pneumonia, high fever and cough. He denied he had a recent history of travelling to a high-risk country for Covid-19. Only after a doctor tested him again and he was probed, he finally admitted that he had visited a high-risk country.

On February 24, a lab test found him positive for Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for Covid-19, which has now put more than 30 hospital staff at risk.

The patient has been transferred to a government hospital.

Hospital staff who could be at risk of infection have tested negative for the virus but they are now in self-quarantine at home and will be retested after 7-14 days.

The hospital said it has done a deep cleaning of all the areas with disinfectants and denied entry to new patients there for a while.

Meanwhile, Thanachart Bank said it was closing its branch in Don Mueang district as the son of this man worked there. The son said that his father had returned from Japan along with a group tourists on February 20. The son is now in self-quarantine and the bank will carry out a thorough cleaning of its premises.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30382876

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-26
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Here we go..............selfishness at its best, watch it multiply now.

He is not alone.

I know of 3 or 4 people who travel regularly to Vietnam, Taiwan, Japan and Malaysia. They don't plan to stop. One lady has just self quarantined for 14 days as she has a cold. 

• Sad 3

keep up the pretense i am booked on a flight out of here next month I am even giving up my rented condo have 3 months on lease left putting my gear in storage not sure if there will be flights after songkran when i am due back i guess they want to keep the lid on any epidemic till songkran is over

Edited by sameasb4
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

Fine and Imprison him for being so dam selfish. Maybe what the government proposed earlier has some merit in the land of ME first and Knows all better than anyone...

Yes excellent idea throw in gaol!That teach him for being a super spreader!Maybe have a little think about the consequences of putting him in gaol.My apologies for jumping the gun of course he could be imprisoned after he recovers as I realised after posting and also being notified by another poster. 

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Yes excellent idea throw in gaol!That teach him for being a super spreader!Maybe have a little think about the consequences of putting him in gaol. 

Here's a crazy idea - imprison him after he's recovered (that's if he does). I assumed that's what the poster meant anyway. 

• Thanks 1