Thailand has three new coronavirus cases, for total of 40 -ministry official

webfact

15 minutes ago, KruZik said:

I'm a teacher at an international school and can assure you that if you have returned from Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Japan, South Korean, China, Macau or Hong Kong you must self-quarantine for 14 days. This is a Ministry of Education directive and obviously applies to students as well as staff.

I along with zillion others are not a Thai student or random school farang teacher.

However just for posters info.

I go to Saigon every month. Hence 3 month multi every 3 month. I need new one for next Friday and apply online as usual. The agent then required my flight in and out Saigon. Never before.

8 minutes ago, Yadon Toploy said:

At our office which is Thai Govt. owned to we have had official instructions to self isolate for 14 days if we have travelled to Singapore, Korea, Japan or any other high risk countries.

Again, what's your point. We, or at least myself are talking about TOURISTS. 

Not "our office" or "my school". etc

Could you clarify if the visitors from China have to "self quarantine" for 14 days? 

You do realize that Thailand is allowing incoming flights from China. 

They have stopped tour bookings.

Edited by DrJack54

28 minutes ago, KruZik said:

I'm a teacher at an international school and can assure you that if you have returned from Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Japan, South Korean, China, Macau or Hong Kong you must self-quarantine for 14 days. This is a Ministry of Education directive and obviously applies to students as well as staff.

8 minutes ago, Yadon Toploy said:

At our office which is Thai Govt. owned to we have had official instructions to self isolate for 14 days if we have travelled to Singapore, Korea, Japan or any other high risk countries.

How do the authorities police that instruction? Do you get home visits?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Just bumped into a Thai DDC handout, surprisingly informative. It's in Thai, share the link to your Thai family and friends: https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/file/guidelines/handout001_26022020.pdf . Mods please let this link stay even when it's to a Thai language document, it's from MoPH itself.

Very detailed. An English version would be useful here. Many excellent points. May save a few posters' lives.

CHLORHEXADINE  --  Does not work!

Same for Lysol and Detrol. They also stress alcohol must wet your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds. 

Edited by rabas

33 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

How do the authorities police that instruction? Do you get home visits?

Luckily I'm not in quarantine. It's clearly not enforceable. Not to mention the irony of labelling a country like Vietnam as 'high risk' when Thailand has many more confirmed cases. Politically motivated perhaps.

• Like 2

On 2/26/2020 at 1:02 PM, Canuck1966 said:

Don't worry there will be plenty more to come!

I reckon you can already add another 60 or 70 fatalities to the total at present...Well..Thailand is about the 3rd lowest on the International Education Scale...so no surprise they dont know the difference between 40& 100/110...T.I.T.

1 minute ago, Jimbo53 said:

Why dont the both of you get a life..instead of wasting your time slagging each other off like schoolkids on here !!

Agree with you mate! There are some angry people on here.

Edited by KruZik
  • Like 1

Can someone help me understand the self quarantine thing. I just found out about it. Do they tell you to quarantine your self when you arrive? Do I need to go through a different lane or something? Will they check on you afterwards?

Im planned to move to Thai soon coming from one of the listed countries. Its not a vacation, I can't cancel it unless I get sick. I can stay at home for 14days but am I allowed to quickly go shopping? Will I be arrested?

Edited by kzyswd

2 minutes ago, kzyswd said:

Can someone help me understand the self quarantine thing. I just found out about it. Do they tell you to quarantine your self when you arrive? Do I need to go through a different lane or something? Will they check on you afterwards?

Im planned to move to Thai soon coming from one of the listed countries. Its not a vacation, I can't cancel it unless I get sick. I can stay at home for 14days but am I allowed to quickly go shopping? Will I be arrested or something?

This is a very new requirement (less than a week) so from what I can see, it isn't nailed down yet. The guidance my school offered was to shop at quiet times, wear a mask (they are promoted here, even though research they only help if you are sick) and not allow people in and out/no visiting. No-one is enforcing this to my knowledge, but I suppose it is just possible that someone could check up on you. If I find out anything more I'll let you know, but try not to worry too much.

1 minute ago, KruZik said:

This is a very new requirement (less than a week) so from what I can see, it isn't nailed down yet. The guidance my school offered was to shop at quiet times, wear a mask (they are promoted here, even though research they only help if you are sick) and not allow people in and out/no visiting. No-one is enforcing this to my knowledge, but I suppose it is just possible that someone could check up on you. If I find out anything more I'll let you know, but try not to worry too much.

Thanks. It got me worried. Ill keep my eyes opened for news.

9 minutes ago, kzyswd said:

Thanks. It got me worried. Ill keep my eyes opened for news.

Call the Thai Embassy in what ever country you are in. They will have the latest information. Call again before you set off.

1 minute ago, piewarmer said:

incoming flights FROM Thailand might be a lot more unpleasant for us soon

Straight to quarantine you go without passing go and collecting 200$. That's the logical result from Thailand allowing Chinese to use the Thai airports as a method to bypass any flight bans or quarantines. The almighty God of Tourism made it so.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 9:04 PM, BigC said:

Why he have to lie???? If anything  it puts himself  in danger because they won't  know  hownto treat him at first

Did you see the video of health workers in suits in Wuhan carrying and forcing people into hospital?

Maybe theres some part of human nature that uses denial to make you think you are ok.

And if you are suspected of having it and put in hospital amongst others..

well.. even if you didnt have it before, you will soon catch it off the other patients.

I am guessing that is what happened to the Thai guy who lied..

denial, panic..and didnt want to be put in hospital.

2 hours ago, pookondee said:

Did you see the video of health workers in suits in Wuhan carrying and forcing people into hospital?

Maybe theres some part of human nature that uses denial to make you think you are ok.

And if you are suspected of having it and put in hospital amongst others..

well.. even if you didnt have it before, you will soon catch it off the other patients.

I am guessing that is what happened to the Thai guy who lied..

denial, panic..and didnt want to be put in hospital.

If i suspect i have it. I am going  into hospital  suited and already booted.

1 because i don't  want it to spread to my kids or other people

2 because  if they do not know what i have then they  cannot treat me a properly 

Maybe need suits for people that feel like they might be infected.so they  can walk in with less risk

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BigC said:

If i suspect i have it. I am going  into hospital  suited and already booted.

1 because i don't  want it to spread to my kids or other people

2 because  if they do not know what i have then they  cannot treat me a properly 

Maybe need suits for people that feel like they might be infected.so they  can walk in with less risk

Same treatment for Covid-19 as flu. Stay in bed, well ventilated room, lots of fluids and 2 paracetamol every 4 hours. Wife and kids should avoid entering the room and wife should make copious use of disinfectant. Do this and you'll be as right as rain in 4 days.

Only need to attend hospital if you have serious lung issues or have a fever of 103F 39+ celsius.

In Thailand you are safer staying at home as a visit to the hospital is more likely bring you into contact with genuine Covid-19 sufferers.

Edited by DannyCarlton

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

Same treatment for Covid-19 as flu. Stay in bed, well ventilated room, lots of fluids and 2 paracetamol every 4 hours. Wife and kids should avoid entering the room and wife should make copious use of disinfectant. Do this and you'll be as right as rain in 4 days.

Only need to attend hospital if you have serious lung issues or have a fever of 103F 39+ celsius.

In Thailand you are safer staying at home as a visit to the hospital is more likely bring you into contact with genuine Covid-19 sufferers.

Yes when immune system is weakened then more open to catching