Thailand has three new coronavirus cases, for total of 40 -ministry official

webfact

9 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Here's a crazy idea - imprison him after he's recovered (that's if he does). I assumed that's what the poster meant anyway. 

Of course you are correct and I have edited my post with an apology.Thanks for pointing out what should have been obvious me.My bad.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

26 minutes ago, dhind1 said:

There should be a fine for not revealing his travel destination. Also he should be held accountable for the costs of quarantine for anyone involved with him. But, I will be surprised if it happens. 

Other countries have offences for inflicting actual and grievous bodily diseases.  Wondering if Thailand had such offences listed in its criminal code?

15 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Yes excellent idea throw in gaol!That teach him for being a super spreader!Maybe have a little think about the consequences of putting him in gaol.My apologies for jumping the gun of course he could be imprisoned after he recovers as I realised after posting and also being notified by another poster. 

The obvious common sense approach and protocol by prison staff by anyone arrested and imprisoned with Covid 19 would be have then placed under hospital guard in the designated quarantine section.  Not literally throwing them in gaol infecting other inmates and staff.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aussienam said:

Other countries have offences for inflicting actual and grievous bodily diseases.  Wondering if Thailand had such offences listed in its criminal code?

And this story posted on ThaiVisa just yesterday brought out the usual boo-birds:

Thailand to implement measures to discourage COVID-19 “Super Spreader”

BANGKOK (NNT) - The National Communicable Disease Committee’s decision to declare COVID-19 the nation’s 14th dangerous communicable disease will empower officials to impose stricter preventative measures against COVID-19 and will discourage those infected from becoming “Super Spreaders.”

... These measures may include fines and jail terms. ... The term “Super Spreader” was used by South Korean medical officers to describe a patient who refused to be tested for COVID-19, despite having shown symptoms. 

1 hour ago, gargamon said:

I wonder what "high risk" country the patient visited? Thailand?

Seems to be Japan... though the article is pretty opaque about that...

After repeating "high risk country" several times without actually naming the country, the article finally says...

Meanwhile, Thanachart Bank said it was closing its branch in Don Mueang district as the son of this man worked there. The son said that his father had returned from Japan along with a group tourists on February 20.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Pedigree said:

Very selfish!

People want to drag others with them to the grave. Welly bad, na!

Well, given that you would probably be placed in a government hospital rife with all sorts of pathogens for the quarantine, I can sort of understand the hesitation. But there's no excuse for not self-quarantining.

14 minutes ago, aussienam said:

The obvious common sense approach and protocol by prison staff by anyone arrested and imprisoned with Covid 19 would be have then placed under hospital guard in the designated quarantine section.  Not literally throwing them in gaol infecting other inmates and staff.  

Since when does "obvious common sense" ever apply here?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, aussienam said:

The last thing anyone wants is to be thrown into a Thai prison medical facility, you go in them you usually don't come out alive, they are the pits to say the least.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

what about you TV people?

there will be a time in the near future when mandatory isolation will be enforced in Thailand. 

are you going to go to the hospital with flu symptoms to be tested positive and possibly be put into isolation ward?

perhaps for two weeks and then be handed a huge hospital bill. 

or are you going to tough it out at home and hope it does not crash your lungs?

Home isolation, I'm lucky enough to have an extra house to be used as isolation ward. Hospital? Vade retro, satana!

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, muratremix said:

is there a simple blood test to get ourselves tested?

Apparently Europe tests in 2 steps, first is a quicktest of saliva, if postive or unclear a blood test is conducted ... dunno if that's a 'simple' one or how they go about it here in TH ... 

Edited by jollyhangmon

What about Singapore?  Do you trust their figures?

Their total is now 91 (58 discharged free of virus), with very few new cases in the past week.

Viruses do not like heat.   Maybe that is why there are so few reported cases in Thailand.

50 minutes ago, aussienam said:

The way it is going, be prepared for  your destination country or airline banning you from going there/leaving Thailand. 

That is my concern as well. Leave on the 5th of March for the US... More importantly, the flight in a metal tube with recycled air and hours waiting in various airports.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

found a patient, suspected of being infected, who had avoided the screening process after returning from the high-risk area.

And how exactly did the guy manage to do that, presumably upon his return to Thailand on a flight from Japan??? 

Incoming airport passengers are being screened, right? Everything is under control, right???

I guess the Thai media don't want to ask too many inconvenient questions here...

• Like 1