Thailand has three new coronavirus cases, for total of 40 -ministry official

webfact

4 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I can't find any numbers on the "Probable cases", ie. those that have tested positive in only one reference lab.

I've never seen ANY public mention from any of the Thai govt/health types of anything to do with "probable" cases... So that would be appear to be something they're only tracking internally... but not for public consumption.

I noticed that distinction also in their doc...

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I saw a video of a British gentleman recovering in a Japanese hospital after being infected on the cruise ship,he was having lots of tests.He said he had just had another test that day and would know the results of that test the next day.Thailand is supposed to be the most prepared country in Asia for this type of situation so why does it take Thailand so long to get results? 

Probably cus they aren't testing many people at a guess, plusable deniablity lol

12 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I've never seen ANY public mention from any of the Thai govt/health types of anything to do with "probable" cases... So that would be appear to be something they're only tracking internally... but not for public consumption.

Yeah. Somebody knows more than they are letting out. Likely a very small closed group.

• Like 1

Thailand has this disease completely 'under control' with its cursory temperature taking at the airports...three of my friends who recently arrived here claimed there was no screening taking place at Suvarnabhumi or Don Mueang airports.  Then why do people who show no signs have to be quarantined? "Hospital staff who could be at risk of infection have tested negative for the virus but they are now in self-quarantine at home and will be retested after 7-14 days." Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

This is the Don Muang cluster revealed on Thai social media a few days ago. Couldn't comment on it until today's MoPH presser.

In this family, one school is impacted and one bank branch. Both closed.

Schools closed all week in Bangkok, because of air pollution, but some conjecture about real reason.

New TAT slogan, come for the air pollution, stay for the virus. In the meantime half expecting locusts soon.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/30-medics-quarantined-after-infected-patient-lied-after-visiting-high-risk-country/

About 30 medical personnel at the B Care Medical Centre have been suspended from work and placed under home quarantine after having close contact with a patient infected with COVID-19, who had lied about his recent return from a high-risk country.

The hospital said, in a statement issued on Tuesday that, although all the medics and staff tested negative for the virus, as soon as the patient was found to be infected they were all sent home and placed under self-quarantine for 14 days. The medics will be subjected to more tests to make sure that they have not contracted the disease.

PS - Looks like the B. Care facility is in the Sai Mai area of BKK, and had a policy in place for handling potential CV patients:

https://bcaremedicalcenter.com/en/blog/2020/02/covid19

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, simtemple said:

Thainess will be their downfall. 

My thoughts also, "if" they are hiding cases as seems very probable and they are found out, for once I would say there will be repercussions, they have remained pretty well bullet proof for far to long - we will see? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, johndudorn said:

That is my concern as well. Leave on the 5th of March for the US... More importantly, the flight in a metal tube with recycled air and hours waiting in various airports.

If I had any choice, I wouldn't be doing that... not at the present point in time.  I'm not flying anywhere for the foreseeable future. Not going to any hospitals or routine doctors visits either, if I can avoid it.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, khunpa said:

First question any doctor or nurse should ask to a patient should always be: 

“Please to not “thai” to me... have you visited a high-risk country?”

Failing which look at the passport. Oh, sorry, Thai not lingua franca yet, they can't read what a passport would say..

Need to get Prayuth on the job sharpish.

3 hours ago, sameasb4 said:

keep up the pretense i am booked on a flight out of here next month I am even giving up my rented condo have 3 months on lease left putting my gear in storage not sure if there will be flights after songkran when i am due back i guess they want to keep the lid on any epidemic till songkran is over

Doesn't matter where you go. Corona will be there.

Best to get it early, rather than later on when the hospitals are under strain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

Best to do your darnedest to not get it at all!

Thai hospitals are already under strain. Something like 550 people currently admitted as inpatients with possible symptoms...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

Doesn't matter where you go. Corona will be there.

rather not, can catch it more than once and the next time could be worse due to the damaged caused by the last round :crying:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mavideol said:

just the beginning of the truth.....it's all coming out now, let's see if they can keep track of the numbers because the increase will be drastic

Suddenly, after several Countries a couple of  days ago condemned Thailand for its handling and reporting of Covid19, we have new cases starting to appear.

IMO this was always going to happen to save face.

As for the Thai guy that denied he had been to a high risk destination, hes an absolute Moron. He could now have endangered many people from his totally irresponsible actions.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, zyphodb said:

Probably cus they aren't testing many people at a guess, plusable deniablity lol

Well they're considerably further up the confirmed cases list and have also had to deal with the ghost ship on top of their own cases so I would say that they "probably" are dealing with many tests probably in the thousands. 

Edited by FarFlungFalang

4 minutes ago, NRGF said:

This Snowbird will be very happily leaving next week. Its been a wonderful three months once again but I'm desperate to leave before this virus hits the fan. Good luck and may your God bless you.

A week is a long time in politics and even longer in a SARS COV 2 pandemic!Hope it goes well and not to sh!t!

9 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

As for the Thai guy that denied he had been to a high risk destination, hes an absolute Moron. He could now have endangered many people from his totally irresponsible actions.

At this stage I would say that it is alleged by the Thai authorities that he denied he had been to a high risk country.Just as Thailand is now considered by some to be a high risk country.

3 hours ago, sameasb4 said:

keep up the pretense i am booked on a flight out of here next month I am even giving up my rented condo have 3 months on lease left putting my gear in storage not sure if there will be flights after songkran when i am due back i guess they want to keep the lid on any epidemic till songkran is over

But........ did the minister for Sports and Tourism not just say that it was going to be "blown away" after Songkran by the hot weather?

3 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

If they are holding back the truth about the actual numbers here, WHY ??

It’s not as if it reflects on the Thai people, after all it started in China !!

I have suspected for some time that authorities here were holding back the numbers until the threat seemed much more severe in other, major countries. That way, when the count increases in Thailand, the country can fly under the radar as focus has turned to places, now, like Japan, Italy, and South Korea. Thailand was hoping to get lost in the mix so they wouldn't get tainted as Virusland for future tourism. Let's see if the strategy works or backfires. 

• Like 1

A Thai "not telling the truth" ? ha ha ha  (Give me a break), but as a comment - "I really love Pedro01's caricature of my favourite all-time UK comedian, Marty Feldman. How many out there in 'TV land' knew that Feldman owned the world's largest collection of Ford Mustang cars" ! Poor chap expired aged 49, so never got to drive them that much. (Hope you live longer, Pedro01) ! Down here in Oz, the virus has arrived, but they are pulling no punches about the possible effect on our economy, let alone our lives. The place is in lockdown. I doubt the Thai govt. is telling the real truth about this, somehow. 

I guess the real nos will come out (they always do) at some point, the tell tale sign that they are not revealing how many is that the UAE has banned all flights to/from Thailand which means they probably have inside info on what the real story is... Thats a lot of airline revenue to take off the table as many europeans travel to Thailand via UAE

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

A difference between TH and Singers, is the latter has much higher population density and stay in aircon spaces more.

And the main mode of transport for the Morlocks in Singapore is their MRT, which carries three and half million people a day, more than half the country. I remember when I first went to Singapore and it was so easy to travel above ground, for the most part, because the Morlocks were jammed into the MRT like sardines.