Thailand has three new coronavirus cases, for total of 40 -ministry official

webfact

10 minutes ago, P100 said:

Total of 3 new cases... BS !!!! Military government had to admit a few new cases to become believable again since the numbers are not increasing for a long time in Thailand ??? Such a rubbish...

I don’t understand why so many farangs get so excited as to the number of cases. If you don’t believe that it’s 40, would you believe 400? Or 1,000? Just pick a number that you are happy with and then react accordingly. Problem solved. 

• Confused 2

To answer the question of "what high risk country have you visited?"  I suggest that Thailand is the answer.  There are now three patients in the government hospital in isolation and sick in my city.  Two of them have been there for several days and have not been tested so of course they don't count.  Great way to hide what is going on don't test people with high probity and they are there for phenomena. 

Do you trust the government? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, robsamui said:

Yes, I posted the same link earlier. Good to see information is being spread, although it being wikipedia and these being early stages, take it with a grain of salt. Wikis will self-correct with time. And I say that as somebody who donates to wikipedia regularly. It has it's limitations.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 2

do all these thais have to pay their hospital bill, as i was just told that my local bar, all the girls paid 150 baht each for insurance to cover hospital bills (just in case) seems legit as they had to show id and sign some paper

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

do all these thais have to pay their hospital bill, as i was just told that my local bar, all the girls paid 150 baht each for insurance to cover hospital bills (just in case) seems legit as they had to show id and sign some paper

You can't be serious. 

• Haha 1

Well everyone is taking it seriously now.  Just had an email from my son's school here in the UK. Last week was half term and most of the little darlings went away for a short break.  My son went on a school trip to Iceland.  Luckily no cases of Corona there.  However we are all being asked if any of us went to northern Italy or have been in any contact with people we know who have.  Several schools in England have been closed due to the same question.  Obviously the kids at our school are all starting to claim symptoms of the disease but that isn't cutting any ice here.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

he finally admitted that he had visited a high-risk country.

And what was the benefit of denying where he had been... complete and utter selfishness!

Through his thoughtless actions he could have infected many people... I do hope the health minister takes him to task and makes it abundantly clear... THIS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!

39 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

USA reported a stockpile of 30 million but they estimated they will need 10times that. 

Indeed, that's exactly what they said in the US CDC conference call yesterday.

In case anyone's interested then you can listed to the conference call here :

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/a0225-cdc-telebriefing-covid-19.html

They said they have 30 million masks but need 300 million....for healthcare workers. This figure is for healthcare workers only.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

And what was the benefit of denying where he had been... complete and utter selfishness!

Through his thoughtless actions he could have infected many people... I do hope the health minister takes him to task and makes it abundantly clear... THIS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!

Could have just asked for his passport snd obtained confirmation of his whereabouts in about a minute.

16 minutes ago, KruZik said:

Could have just asked for his passport snd obtained confirmation of his whereabouts in about a minute.

It starts with a polite "where have you been, what areas have you visited, who have you been in contact with?

When he refused to answer then you go to your stage.. give us your passport!

As of February 26, more than 80,000 people have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and nearly 3,000 people have died.

How many people have not been tested, yet are positive?. My conservative estimate would be around 1 billion. Very few people will get tested if they have the sniffles or a cold, yet they say the virus may have a slight/minimal affect on some. Pretty soon every country will be in lockdown, so brace yourselves & start panic buying supplys as i have.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, KruZik said:

Why? He is a Thai and he does not have to carry his passport around in Thailand.

49 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Why? He is a Thai and he does not have to carry his passport around in Thailand.

Under normal circumstances, I'd agree. But here, where the man's whereabouts are a crucial piece of the puzzle, I'd have thought it was a reasonable request.

7 hours ago, outsider said:

A feckless idiot, no doubt. But more importantly, it beggars the question, does Thailand really have 'only' 40 cases?

Logical, multiple with 100 its still the only country which import Chinese tourist. In addition add lack of millions with little or no knowledge about basic hygiene, i.e. before meals under meals, after toilet visits etc. Numbers, well compare as example what the government says about annual traffic fatalities vs WHO????

Edited by Felt 35

2 minutes ago, KruZik said:

Under normal circumstances, I'd agree. But here, where the man's whereabouts are a crucial piece of the puzzle, I'd have thought it was a reasonable request.

It is normal circumstances not for him to carry his passport around with him so it could not be presented in a minute as you say. Yes, It is crucial but he still does not have to carry his passport with him. His passport could be in his home an hour away. You do not know where his passport is and even in unusual circumstances Thai's do not have to carry their passports around in their own country, so the only thing that could be done was to request him to return with his passport but that would release him out in the public again

4 minutes ago, rhyddid said:

How may case of flu we had in Thailand in the last 2 months ?

You will never know the answer to your question because not all cases of a sniffle or a cough or a sneeze are seen by a doctor. The only numbers that you can get is IF the person seeks medical treatment at either a doctors clinic or at a hospital but many are home treated.