Covid-19: Thais warned about cheap foreign travel - is it worth the risk?

webfact

6 hours ago, stouricks said:

Unless one of those few have got it.

And what difference does CHEAP travel make. You could be in business or 1st class and the bloke next to you is infected.

Please stop being logical, remember TIT. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

I had already booked the end of next month for an operation before the latest (1 week) info. Wondering now if all flights from Thailand might be stopped before then as they are encouraging the Chinese.

Take one look around you, then take a breath when you realise where you are, remember Thailand is for Thailand, what happens in the rest of the world doesn't concern Thailand, just look at who's running it too, then take two panadol and the rest of the day off, you deserve it.

Safe travels, speedy recovery.

• Like 2

After my two months in Thailand where my wife and I have our home, I just returned to South Korea where I work. Normally when getting off the plane I use the "Smart Immigration Pass" that Korean citizens and residents are both eligible to use. I was directed this time to go to an immigration counter, even though I should my "Smart Pass" sticker, while Koreans on the same flight were still permitted to use the pass and just swiped their passports. I asked the IO if a non-Korean was more likely than a Korean to have the virus. She looked at me confused so I just smiled and said "never mind". Fear makes countries do some illogical things.

Ref travel.

Would be interested to hear any thoughts of others who are in the same situation as we are.

Booked for mid April to UK for a couple of weeks, obviously BKK/Heathrow/return. Not a home visit but staying 3 different areas in B&B etc.

I know it's 7/8 weeks away but things are moving a bit quicker now.

Any thoughts out there, especially if you are in somewhat similar circumstances.

I can't believe the UNEDUCATED idiots who say stuff like, "dude, car crashes and the flu is worse."

China has SHUT DOWN a city of 15 MILLION, and restricted movement for perhaps hundreds of millions of people.

Stock markets worldwide are crashing, severely

Other countries are locking down communities.......there is panic.

Please explain to me how this is the same as the flu or car accidents.  

can't fix stupid

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JohnFlory said:

After my two months in Thailand where my wife and I have our home, I just returned to South Korea where I work. Normally when getting off the plane I use the "Smart Immigration Pass" that Korean citizens and residents are both eligible to use. I was directed this time to go to an immigration counter, even though I should my "Smart Pass" sticker, while Koreans on the same flight were still permitted to use the pass and just swiped their passports. I asked the IO if a non-Korean was more likely than a Korean to have the virus. She looked at me confused so I just smiled and said "never mind". Fear makes countries do some illogical things.

You say "illogical," but do you really have all the information????  Perhaps a tourist does have different travel behavior, on average, than a resident.  Perhaps they know your travel history.  Perhaps they do this to let others feel safer.  Perhaps it was a random direction.  

Can you explain to me their protocol?  Oh, no you can't.  Typical of farang to know everything and explain everything to other countries how they are illogical .....  i'm sure you are critical of the entire world.  amazing.  

17 hours ago, overherebc said:

Ref travel.

Would be interested to hear any thoughts of others who are in the same situation as we are.

Booked for mid April to UK for a couple of weeks, obviously BKK/Heathrow/return. Not a home visit but staying 3 different areas in B&B etc.

I know it's 7/8 weeks away but things are moving a bit quicker now.

Any thoughts out there, especially if you are in somewhat similar circumstances.

Freiend is travelling here on Monday for 3 weeks. Flying Emirates from Manchester via Dubai. Contacted Emirates yesterday. No problems.

Not sure if relevant or not, just mulling.

Friend in BKK said he'd noticed all the printed gumph/warnings/notices don't mention snotty noses. Seems to warn of cough, difficulty breathing and just not feeling good.

So, like Dec' last year I had a stinker of a dose of flu, joint pains and worst was my nose running like tap, 4 or 5 hankies a day minimum. Bit of a cough with a fair bit of phlem, But just bog standard flu. A few others in the area had it as well.

So, could the over productive nose be a sign of just 'flu' and how many have with that have been banged up with those that have the Wuflu?

Just a point to 'mull'.

Edited by overherebc

2 hours ago, Traubert said:

You are aware that the recovery rate for Covid19 has passed 50% in China as of today?

Might be time to calm down.

Sure. And the best part is.... the "recovered" you are celebrating.... will probably get infected... again. ????

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/484942-japan-confirms-first-case-of-person-reinfected

Other funny news.... A dog has been confirmed with the virus in Hong kong...

A dog.

https://time.com/5792150/coronavirus-dog/

Let's sink this funny tidbits for a few minutes.

It could have very "funny" consequences... In Thailand for instance?

????

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 1:55 PM, BobbyL said:

Unless I have missed the memo, why are some news reports on here calling it the original name of coronavirus, and others calling it COVID 19? 

You can call it Felicity or Brian if you like. Its still just a nasty flu bug.