BANGKOK
finnsk

mariage visa, mix funds and income

I am preparing my mariage visa application.

I am going to immigration in Chiang Mai.

I am thinking about to make a mix of my bank statement and my monthly pension to reach the 400000 bath, at this moment I get around 35.000 in pension a month so I had to fill up with a statement at around 60000-100000 bath ?

As I understand the local immigration office has the right to accept or not accept a mix, anybody has experience with CM immigration in this way, do they accept mix ?

I also get confused about the rules for bankstatement, I have get an thai bankaccount and I now will let my monthly pension income from overseas go in to the account every month to show the fixed monthly income, that I can do around 8 month, I think, before I will give the application to the immigration, is that enough documentation or do they want some more/other papers from home country to documentate the pension ?

A combination of income and money in the bank is not allowed according to the police orders. It might be accepted by the approving officer at some immigration offices but I would not plan on it. If accepted you would need a bank statement showing all of the transfers into the country and a bank book showing the money in the bank had been there for 2 months.

Could you possibley send an additional 5,000 baht into the country to reach the 40k baht income requirement.

Unless it is your first extension you will need to show 12 months for transfer from abroad. You will need a one year bank statement showing at least 40k baht going into your account every month.

Immigration might ask for proof of the source of you income.

Hi,

From your mail it is not clear whether you are preparing to apply for

- a 90-day Non Imm O - marriage Visa OR

- a 1-year extension of stay based on your original Non Imm O - marriage Visa.

In case it is an application for a new 90-day Non Imm O - marriage Visa there would then be NO need to prove 12-months of monthly-fund-transfers to meet the financial requirements.  

You would actually only need 1 month of a 40K fund transfer (with foreign origins proven) for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa application at your local IO.  And when you apply in the last month of those 90 days for a 1-year extension of stay at that same local IO, you would by then have at least 3 monthly fund-transfers (as always with foreign origins proven) which should be sufficient for that NEW extension.

But it is recommended to contact your local IO as some have different requirements, and might not allow you to apply for a 90-day Non Imm O - marriage Visa, or might insist on more monthly-fund-transfers than the minima of 1 for application and 3 for extension.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A combination of income and money in the bank is not allowed according to the police orders. It might be accepted by the approving officer at some immigration offices but I would not plan on it. If accepted you would need a bank statement showing all of the transfers into the country and a bank book showing the money in the bank had been there for 2 months.

Could you possibley send an additional 5,000 baht into the country to reach the 40k baht income requirement.

Unless it is your first extension you will need to show 12 months for transfer from abroad. You will need a one year bank statement showing at least 40k baht going into your account every month.

Immigration might ask for proof of the source of you income.

Thanks Ubonjoe

For your answer, I understand that in the law there is no possibility to mix the 2 options.

4 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi,

From your mail it is not clear whether you are preparing to apply for

- a 90-day Non Imm O - marriage Visa OR

- a 1-year extension of stay based on your original Non Imm O - marriage Visa.

In case it is an application for a new 90-day Non Imm O - marriage Visa there would then be NO need to prove 12-months of monthly-fund-transfers to meet the financial requirements.  

You would actually only need 1 month of a 40K fund transfer (with foreign origins proven) for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa application at your local IO.  And when you apply in the last month of those 90 days for a 1-year extension of stay at that same local IO, you would by then have at least 3 monthly fund-transfers (as always with foreign origins proven) which should be sufficient for that NEW extension.

But it is recommended to contact your local IO as some have different requirements, and might not allow you to apply for a 90-day Non Imm O - marriage Visa, or might insist on more monthly-fund-transfers than the minima of 1 for application and 3 for extension.

Thanks Peter

For your answer, I can see I must visit my local IO.

Now I am on an 1 year education visa, I will see if I can use it/change it to a mariage visa, I dont no, I am quite new in this buisness.

4 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Money in the bank OR income.

Not both.

Hi fishtank

Thanks for your answer

i think you would be better going for a one year multi entry non immigrant 'O' visa in either savannakhet or HCMC, both places require no financials and both require an overnight stay, each entry will give you a 90 day permission to stay stamp, which can be extended by a 60 day visit Thai wife extension at local immigration office 1,900thb, in the final 30 days of any entry you can do a 1 year extension once you have sorted out the financial requires of either 40,00thb per month or 400,000thb in a bank account, in your name only for 2 months prior to the application

• Like 2

I am on the visa that steve187 has said and I got mine from Savannakhet and like steve187 said it is a 2 day event. You lodge your application in the morning and you pick up your visa the following afternoon. The thing with this visa is it is a multi-entry and you must leave Thailand every 90 days. I do a border run to Nong Khai and I just park in the Amazon Coffee car park walk through Thai immigration and pay 10 baht for the bus across the bridge and go through Laos immigration then walk around to the other side of the building and back through Laos immigration on to the bus back across the bridge and through Thai immigration for my next 90 day stamp and then 2 days before the visa expires I will do another border run and get another 90 day stamp then 2 days before that stamp expires I will go to the local imm and get a 60 day extension. So for the 1 year multi entry non-imm o visa I will get 17 months and as steve187 said there are no financials involved so it will give you time to organize your financials or you can re-apply for another 1 year multi entry visa. This visa is quite legal and does not involve any agents

• Like 2

11 hours ago, steve187 said:

i think you would be better going for a one year multi entry non immigrant 'O' visa in either savannakhet or HCMC, both places require no financials and both require an overnight stay, each entry will give you a 90 day permission to stay stamp, which can be extended by a 60 day visit Thai wife extension at local immigration office 1,900thb, in the final 30 days of any entry you can do a 1 year extension once you have sorted out the financial requires of either 40,00thb per month or 400,000thb in a bank account, in your name only for 2 months prior to the application

Dear Steve

Thank you so much.

I did not know this possibility.

I must understand it right, this visa works 1 year, I had to go out every 90 days, and I can make the last borderrun just before the end of visa expires, so I can make 5 times 90 days and the last 90 days I can extend with 60 days at the local IO ?

11 hours ago, Russell17au said:

I am on the visa that steve187 has said and I got mine from Savannakhet and like steve187 said it is a 2 day event. You lodge your application in the morning and you pick up your visa the following afternoon. The thing with this visa is it is a multi-entry and you must leave Thailand every 90 days. I do a border run to Nong Khai and I just park in the Amazon Coffee car park walk through Thai immigration and pay 10 baht for the bus across the bridge and go through Laos immigration then walk around to the other side of the building and back through Laos immigration on to the bus back across the bridge and through Thai immigration for my next 90 day stamp and then 2 days before the visa expires I will do another border run and get another 90 day stamp then 2 days before that stamp expires I will go to the local imm and get a 60 day extension. So for the 1 year multi entry non-imm o visa I will get 17 months and as steve187 said there are no financials involved so it will give you time to organize your financials or you can re-apply for another 1 year multi entry visa. This visa is quite legal and does not involve any agents

Dear Russel

Fantastic - Thank You so much, to give this detailed description.

This can give me some time, I am waiting 2 years for the last part of my pensions, then later i will have no problem to show income more than 40.000.  

39 minutes ago, finnsk said:

Dear Steve

Thank you so much.

I must understand it right, this visa works 1 year, I had to go out every 90 days, and I can make the last borderrun just before the end of visa expires, so I can make 5 times 90 days and the last 90 days I can extend with 60 days at the local IO ?

Exactly as Steve said. I like the 60 day extension at the end.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, finnsk said:

HI Finnsk I just PM-ed you some recent and detailed information I compiled on those thai embassies/consulates where you can apply for the 1-year Multi-Entry Non Imm O - marriage Visa, including the requirements (slight differences depending on where you apply) as well as practical details like logistics.

To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your Profile when logged in to the Forum.

Hmm, this is bad news for me and a bit of surprise ... i'd read elsewhere that B400,000 or annual income of B400,000 or a mix of the two was allowed ... but i bow to UbonJoe 🙏

I was planning to transfer Australian age pension (married overseas annual rate approx B340,000 per annum), top that up with B60,000 account balance and use most of my cash to build house, buy sweets etc. Quarantining B400,000 will be tricky.

PLAN B ... can i still use the income method by transferring a one-off B60,000 from my Australian account at beginning of year and then depending on the Australian age pension transfers to supply the remaining B340,000 ?

In other words ... can the overseas income stream come from more than one source ... in this case .... 12 monthly Australian government transfers and one transfer from my Australian bank account?

Naturally a bit of fat will have to be added to the B60,000 to allow for exchange rate movements. 

I'm aware of the border-run alternative but i'd rather keep that as PLAN C ... reading many other posts doesn't give me a lot of confidence that option will be open long-term.

13 hours ago, steve187 said:

Hoping someone can help me with this point of the process.

In the past I have used an Embassy letter for my extensions so no bank account used.

I will be using the 400,000 thb in bank account method for my next extension. So I take it I can not use money in an account that has my wifes name on it (joint account) correct? Which will mean that I will need to open a separate account my name only to make this work.

Thanks for the assistance.