Corona-Virus, don't panic, personal experience in Pattaya

galenjones

No doubt you will know when one of them does get it, and perhaps pass it onto you, i.e. unless your communication is all done via the net, like no social contact.

I on the other hand mix it up with farangs who return from overseas whether returning from work, holidays, or whatever, they sneeze, cough and spit out phlegm, naturally I cringe each time one of them sneezes or coughs with me yelling out "Corona" with the bar girl always looking over to me, with me saying no, no, no.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Haha 2

I have 60 Facebook friends.

I am only friends with people that I can either visit or phone.

Regarding Coronavirus let's put it into perspective. The common flu kills so many more than this annually but doesn't receive this media frenzy.

On a positive note the numbers in China appear to have platoed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Clive said:

Regarding Coronavirus let's put it into perspective. The common flu kills so many more than this annually but doesn't receive this media frenzy.

These are the numbers so far this year just in the USA,

"The agency estimates there have been at least 29 million flu illnesses, 280,000 hospitalizations and 16,000 deaths from flu so far this season."

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/flu-season-what-to-know-this-year

Covid-19 is a needle in a haystack and way over hyped.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, galenjones said:

I have over 1500 friends on Facebook

how many would you recognize if you saw them in person? how many would tell you if they had the virus? 

I am not a FB user but how well can you know any of these people? - - who may or may not be in an incubation period? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clive said:

the numbers in China appear to have platoed.

are people drinking hemlock now to escape? 

I think w/corona the fear is a pandemic as it is deadlier than the flu and can spread easily w/a long incubation period... 

but don't go by me - I do not interface w/facebook... my only friends and acquaintances are not virtual but actual...

23 minutes ago, rwill said:

These are the numbers so far this year just in the USA,

"The agency estimates there have been at least 29 million flu illnesses, 280,000 hospitalizations and 16,000 deaths from flu so far this season."

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/flu-season-what-to-know-this-year

Covid-19 is a needle in a haystack and way over hyped.

Let's hope so President Trump can continue his shaking hands and big rallies as a test bed for infectivity.